First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Analyst
Should I go with Ford for the Spray-In? Would you suggest a Spray-In? does this limit me in anyway for mods/racks, etc...?

Also, is there an alternative to the plastic guards on the bed?

Thank you!
Sponsored

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
I went line-x I feel all will do the job at least the major brands you can’t go wrong with!

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Should I go with Ford for the Spray-In? Would you suggest a Spray-In? does this limit me in anyway for mods/racks, etc...?

Thank you!
I went with the factory spray-in. Probably not the cheapest but I am pleased with the result.

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
If you already have the truck, I don't see how you can get factory. Instead you'll be at the mercy of the dealer to pick a local. And it seems that who you pick is more important than the brand, with application technique varying. You might check on Bullet Liner dealers in your area, from the little I saw.

Personally I decided to try a BedRug. Still had my rewards points to spend, so it was less than $200 shipped from fairwayfordparts.net. Nate makes it real easy too, providing a quote via email that has a link to purchase. I had it in under a week.
1611065314741.png

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle

Thank you!
If you want a liner you don't have to worry about then the spray in is the answer. If the truck you are buying has the factory one then you are set. It not, go with Line-X and spend the extra on the premium with UV protection. Well worth the money. Just my .02 on spray in liners since you asked. ;)

Bsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat FX4
My local dealers are not even ordering trucks with the spray-in. They go with a local provider that offers a lifetime warranty. Ford is only a one year warranty. I also got a 25% Veterans discount from the local company. They did a great job and it took only 3 hours.

Azriq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT SUPERCREW, 1966 FORD MUSTANG 331 STROKER, 2010 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS
I special ordered my truck but the biggest reason I went with the factory spray-in is I really like the look of the Ford oval that is part of the spray at the front of the bed. Looks finished and not so much "after-markety".

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I got the factory, was nice not to have to worry about doing anything else after picking up the truck. I'd be just as happy with a line-x, maybe more considering their warranty. Bottom line: I don't think it really matters, you can't really go wrong either way.

OP
OP

vVENOMv

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Analyst
so my Ford dealer offers a spray in, more in a way that they get trucks in without it and they do it. I am not sure if they do it themselves; something I'll look into. Thanks for all the responses!

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
If you already have the truck, I don't see how you can get factory. Instead you'll be at the mercy of the dealer to pick a local. And it seems that who you pick is more important than the brand, with application technique varying. You might check on Bullet Liner dealers in your area, from the little I saw.

Personally I decided to try a BedRug. Still had my rewards points to spend, so it was less than $200 shipped from fairwayfordparts.net. Nate makes it real easy too, providing a quote via email that has a link to purchase. I had it in under a week.
1611065314741.png
My uncle has one on his F150 and it does not fit as well as yours. That looks really nice!!!

Silverfox

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 xlt sport 4x4
Occupation
Tech
Rhino liner is softer on the knees and less slippery than Linex. Just as durable.IMO

MB787

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
I went with Bullet spray in as it was a bit closer and more convenient. The guy did a great job and he masked off all the threaded holes in the bed as well. It was about $50 cheaper than Line-X that was about an hour away from me

SalukiRanger

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SCrew 4x2 Lariat Ingot Silver Ebony 18 Tires Technology Pkg
Occupation
Retired
Bedliner Veterans in Gilbert.
340 cash OTD
Veteran owned.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It’s worth noting: if you are ordering your truck, factory spray in is going to cost you a few days, possibly up to a week. They drive your truck across the street to a different facility for this and it adds to the overall build time.

This used to be a big deal around here two years ago, now it seems like nobody orders their trucks anymore :frown:

Anyway I have the factory spray in and I’m quite happy with it.

PL8SWPR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT, '18 Mustang GT, '14 Ford Explorer
I have one ordered with the liner as part of the Black Appearance Package. Was going to add running boards and pay separately for the liner after purchase, but realized the Black Pack was only $1000 and it came with both - plus the 18" wheels, black Ford logos, etc. Due to be built 8 Feb.
Sponsored