Bucking/Surging Epidemic

Jda1981

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Just got an update from Ford customer care. The dealership after admitting the is a problem with my truck for 3 trips in and each time telling me it’s fixed is now after trying to figure it out for a month is saying that there is no problem with my truck and refusing to cover the rental. Ford customer care covered the rental 100% so that didn’t hit my wallet but if you live in the Austin area I’d avoid Maxwell Ford like the plague.
Sponsored

SteveH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco sport. 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Master technician
Just got informed that the EGR module is back ordered until 8/22. I'm dropping it off then anyways for the windshield recall. Funny thing. Yesterday it wasn't near as bad.

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
Racking up miles quick with the 21 Ranger now @11 months of ownership. New to turbos and getting familiar with potential issues from theae threads. Truck drives great lifted for a truck and daily driver. Also doing 550 mile daily hauls every 2 months. I hate the ford service shops down here and truly hope everything gets worked out for ya in the future

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 xlt ranger 62 galaxie
Occupation
Truck driver
Just got an update from Ford customer care. The dealership after admitting the is a problem with my truck for 3 trips in and each time telling me it’s fixed is now after trying to figure it out for a month is saying that there is no problem with my truck and refusing to cover the rental. Ford customer care covered the rental 100% so that didn’t hit my wallet but if you live in the Austin area I’d avoid Maxwell Ford like the plague.
I know how you feel man. I also have been dealing with endless warranty issues since i got this thing. If the auto market wasn't so screwed up it would already be gone. Absolutely the worst driving truck I have ever owned. It seems if you got a good one your ok, but it seems like the roll of the dice whether your ranger will be great or a p.o.s.

SteveH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco sport. 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Master technician
The problem I was having has disappeared. I'm wondering if it was just a bad tank of gas causing this.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
The problem I was having has disappeared. I'm wondering if it was just a bad tank of gas causing this.
Mine was a lot worse when new and always thought bad gas was my problem, but it did take a long time to clear up. That or a faulty fuel injector, which some were reporting on back in 2019.
I still have a rough spot between 1500-2000 and flat spot/stall if I step on it.
Runs better with a tune.

Last edited:

NC_LFX4

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4; 2006 Jeep Wrangler X
Vehicle Showcase
Just got home from the first trip for this issue with my ‘19 Lariat with 70K miles on it. Told by the service reps/tech that nothing seems out of the ordinary, charged me $75 for doing nothing, and sent me on my way. Should have just replaced the sensor on my own and saved some money.

_N8_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Just got home from the first trip for this issue with my ‘19 Lariat with 70K miles on it. Told by the service reps/tech that nothing seems out of the ordinary, charged me $75 for doing nothing, and sent me on my way. Should have just replaced the sensor on my own and saved some money.
That's what I did. They were clueless.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
They're on national backorder now but you can still place the order and it'll ship once they come in. For under $50.00 I got one because I know it's only a matter of time before mine acts up.

Kawffin

First Name
Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Cultivation technician II
Vehicle Showcase
They're on national backorder now but you can still place the order and it'll ship once they come in. For under $50.00 I got one because I know it's only a matter of time before mine acts up.
Where are you ordering yours from ? I just got a refund from the site I used.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Where are you ordering yours from ? I just got a refund from the site I used.
I ordered mine here. Use code WELCOME at checkout for free shipping.

I would've went with Benny but he's out of stock too and when I ordered it at Varsity it said in stock. But the next day they emailed me saying it was backordered and did I want to just keep the order and they'd send it as soon as it arrived. ETA is 8/22.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine here. Use code WELCOME at checkout for free shipping.

I would've went with Benny but he's out of stock too and when I ordered it at Varsity it said in stock. But the next day they emailed me saying it was backordered and did I want to just keep the order and they'd send it as soon as it arrived. ETA is 8/22.
I might had gotten the last one from Benny. Mine came in last week.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I might had gotten the last one from Benny. Mine came in last week.
Glad you got yours and I'm fine with waiting and I'd much rather someone who needs in now get theirs before I do. I saw one of Bennys post where he said he didn't have any in stock and on the Varsity site it was in stock. I would've just ordered from Benny had I known this.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
That’s because you have a MY19 and it comes with everything ?????

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That’s because you have a MY19 and it comes with everything ?????
That's right and thank you for reminding everyone. ? They were coming at me with pitchforks for saying it all the time.:shock:
Sponsored