rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
Same problem with Jeep Wranglers, which the new Bronco copied more or less. Everything you come to appreciate in a vehicle is a compromise ... on road handling, interior storage etc. I had a 2 door Wrangler and ended up removing the rear seat and it sat in the back of my garage for 10 years, I put it back in when I sold it.
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
The Bronco Sport is not the Bronco. It was dumb naming on Ford's part to make the Bronco Sport sound more rugged. IMHO the Bronco Sport compares to a Subaru Forester, kind of. The Bronco compares to a Wangler or Land Rover, etc.
I think they should have wrapped the Escape, Bronco Sport, and Maverick into one brand family, with similar styling, grilles, interiors, etc. and called it a day. Maverick Escape? Maverick Sport? Why not - all the same platform.

I think it was a missed opportunity but then, I have the benefit of hindsight. ?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Same problem with Jeep Wranglers, which the new Bronco copied more or less. Everything you come to appreciate in a vehicle is a compromise ... on road handling, interior storage etc. I had a 2 door Wrangler and ended up removing the rear seat and it sat in the back of my garage for 10 years, I put it back in when I sold it.
Part of why I like my old Pathfinder. Great all around vehicle for both On and OffRoad. Of course there are changes that will be made, but thats normal with any vehicle you buy.

Reactions: EJH

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Was gonna say, about 12 years ago I bought a used Wrangler for my daughter when she turned 16. Girlie Jeep, 4 cyl/auto, she could put the roof down and look cute*. It was fine for her to putt to high school and college but the couple times she took trips in it we took the back seat out to fit stuff.

* Because Dad is a gearhead it also ended up with a Gale Banks header and exhaust, Airaid CAI, better stereo and sound bar, and bigger wheels and tires. Was a beast in the snow though.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
My camping is limited to the Ford Nationals every year and the occasional NASCAR or NHRA race. Have no need for a back seat any more so I got a Supercab. Prefer my tent and canopy and use the bed (with tonneau) for storage. Rather doubt all my gear would fit in a Bronco unless I got one of those carriers that fits in your trailer hitch.

Last edited:

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Completely agree with you. My wife has a 4 door wrangler, zero utility like I have with the ranger.

Can a bronco carry 1900lbs of vinyl plank flooring plus 2 grown men? I think not. And yes I know what my payload sticker says....

4E462A22-44DF-4FA1-80A8-3AD538AA1528.jpeg

OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I think they should have wrapped the Escape, Bronco Sport, and Maverick into one brand family, with similar styling, grilles, interiors, etc. and called it a day. Maverick Escape? Maverick Sport? Why not - all the same platform.

I think it was a missed opportunity but then, I have the benefit of hindsight. ?
May still yet happen...
I hear stories and rumors that Ford is launching two new "brands" and maybe they already have.

Mustang - will be the traditional Mustang and the EV Platforms Mach E. I think this one is a bad idea and they should have kept and expanded the Fusion and made this the Fusion line.

Bronco - Will be getting the Bronco, Bronco Sport, Escape.

The idea was to market to younger people - You know that idea that worked out so well for Saturn, Scion, and a hand full of other blip in the market brands that eventually got gobbled back up by the parent company.

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’m trying to get the wife into getting one. Not going very well. I just want to be chauffeured around in it actually.
Sponsored