First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
i am liking the idea of the bronco and ranger sharing some parts. the aftermarket for ranger stuff is pretty limited. but the bronco may bring us more options for later i hope.
Sure would be nice!
Sponsored

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I test drove a Bronco Sport and overall it was nice, but I couldn’t get comfy in it. In fact, I got a severe headache within minutes of driving it.

When I got back to the dealership I saw a velocity blue ranger out of the corner of my eye and took it for a quick spin and bought it!
My wife has a Bronco Sport and absolutely loves it. Me, not so much. Like you I just cannot get comfortable in it. The seats are just…odd. Not like the Ranger at all. We recently took a trip from our home here in East Tennessee down to Orange Beach Alabama. I drove both ways. I tell you, I could not wait to get back home to my Ranger. In fact I don’t believe I have driven the Bronco since we returned home almost two weeks ago…but I’ve damn sure driven the Ranger everywhere I can.

TICKLE ZOMBIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT 2WD Sport
I admit my Ranger isn’t uncomfortable but could be a little better. Maybe I just need to play around with the seat position a tad.

I am taking my Ranger on a 2200 mile round trip excursion next month and I should get plenty knowledge by then.

QUOTE="WolfgangVTS, post: 484166, member: 9558"]
My wife has a Bronco Sport and absolutely loves it. Me, not so much. Like you I just cannot get comfortable in it. The seats are just…odd. Not like the Ranger at all. We recently took a trip from our home here in East Tennessee down to Orange Beach Alabama. I drove both ways. I tell you, I could not wait to get back home to my Ranger. In fact I don’t believe I have driven the Bronco since we returned home almost two weeks ago…but I’ve damn sure driven the Ranger everywhere I can.
[/QUOTE]

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
The Bronco Sport is not the Bronco. It was dumb naming on Ford's part to make the Bronco Sport sound more rugged. IMHO the Bronco Sport compares to a Subaru Forester, kind of. The Bronco compares to a Wangler or Land Rover, etc.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Bronco is a hard NO.

CC5C9516-8A1C-4FCC-ACF8-4528335D7A6A.jpeg

OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I bet half of your gear consists of assorted oils, brushes, and little scizzors for maintenance on that bigass mustachio you got..

Shave it off and pack light brother ✊

Nah don't do that. That things bitchin.
Hey Thanks!
Changed things up recently...
Shaved it all back to just the Lloyd from Yellow Stone.
1665515243732.png

Wife and Daughter didn't like it - Too child molester-ey.

So I got with a Local Barber and groomed it into the Wyatt Earp.
1665515344590.png

And yes - it requires significantly more maintenance and preening than the original in the avatar.
One Comb, One Oil, and One Palmade / Wax.

I clean it with Original Brown Listerene and then rinse so it isn't overwhelmingly diesely. Then comb it. On days I stay in, it gets a little oil. On days I go out, it gets waxed and styled. So far I've had a lot of fun with it.

But none of that goes camping. Mustache goes commando when I'm off grid. It intimidates the squatches and I get left alone. ;-)

WOADKIL

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercrew Cab FX4
Occupation
ENGINEER
I want a Bronco to augment my Ranger, not replace it. The wife and I do a lot of forest roads for recreation. She has her Crosstrek, but its limits are pushed, plus the cargo space is small. I want a Bronco for her. While a it cannot tow my 5,000 lbs TT, it can town a utility trailer, quad trailer, etc, which the Crosstrek cannot.

Athough the MSRP for the Bronco I'd want is at least $50K (4 door Badlands w/ lux and tow package, hard roof). That is a little more than the MSRP on my Ranger would be today (I think I priced my Ranger at $47k MSRP recently).

Still, we will probably order one in a year or two.

My sister has one, pictured below, so we have extensive experience riding in them.
Smith_Bronco.jpg
NICE TRUCK BUT BUMMER ABOUIT THEIR FACES...

:LOL:

WOADKIL

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercrew Cab FX4
Occupation
ENGINEER
The Bronco Sport is not the Bronco. It was dumb naming on Ford's part to make the Bronco Sport sound more rugged. IMHO the Bronco Sport compares to a Subaru Forester, kind of. The Bronco compares to a Wangler or Land Rover, etc.

Speaking of naming $hit with dumb names:
1665519696709.png

Deleted member 15875

Recently I had a camping trip get cancelled. Well - pushed out a month to November. So I'm sitting here in my office all packed up and ready to go. My stuff occupies an area about 5'L x 2'W x 3'H. The two guys I was going with had a similar sized pile.

Sitting next to this pile has made me acutely aware of what my cargo needs run like.

Then last night I parked next to an impressively equipped Bronco and I did lust for it, for it was mean and cool and bitchin. But as I walked around it, I noticed that for me to get similar cargo space to what I have in the Ranger, I would have to pull out the seats. Functionally I just need more space than it offers. Had hopes that if they got the engine issues sorted out, I could get one but now, I see it would be a mistake.

I still contend the Ranger would be PERFECT if they gavey you about 6" more behind the back seat for cargo storage. Might just be close to getting a bed storage solution. Something water tight and lockable. But making the Bronco a doable solution would take a trailer the size of the bed.
They did, it's called the Raptor.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
personally i dont see an issue with the room you just make it work and do stuff differently tbh before my ranger i was looking for a 2 door jl rubicon 6 speed and ya the room was gonna be tight on fitting stuff but overall it wouldnt be to hard. i still have my m100 trailer so more gear would go in that and then make a custom drawer setup in the back and have room and then get a roof rack and add totes up top and have more room. not saying it wouldnt be tight but its doable just gotta think about it first.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Man, I have to agree about camping gear storage space.

We went to a cabin up in Utah for a dads trip. I took our travel trailer to try boondocking it with solar for power. Picked up a buddy with a bunch of fishing gear. Most of my stuff was in the trailer and his stuff took up just over half of my Rangers bed. If it was a tent camping trip I would have needed to remove the car seats to shove stuff inside but I do not like traveling with a cluttered interior.

I love the look of a Bronco but think I got too used to a truck already. We also have a '16 Pilot AWD that was my gateway to off-road, if I never owned the Ranger, I think I would have been able to transition to the Bronco easier but seeing them in person, the Pilot REALLY looks to have the larger interior too.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I wanted to like the Bronco more than I do. but I agree that its versatility isn't quite right for me.

I prefer the 2dr, and I see it as a more specialized off-roader, but less versatile for the things I use the Ranger for.

The 4dr bronco is just too big, and still not versatile enough in the ways I need. I went away from a 4dr hatchback type vehicle because I was tired of tossing all my dirty gear inside. The amount of space was fine (Honda Fit is cavernous inside with back seats down), but the dirt and funk all over the inside over the course of time I owned it (12yrs) did a serious number on the interior.

The Ranger bed lets me separate the dirty gear from the people and saves the interior some. The people and the dog are still dirty/stinky, but at least the gear rides in the bed.

Camping trips are easier to pack for, too. When I tow my camper, the pickup bed comes to the rescue. I don't have to load bikes onto a roof rack. I don't have to use a sketchy AF rack setup on the back of the camper. I don't have to try to fit a rack between the camper and the tow vehicle. I really do not envy the folks towing with SUVs of various types trying to figure out how to safely carry nice, expensive bikes without a pickup bed. My very inexpensive and rock solid fork mounts attached to a 2x6 work a treat when towing.

I still need to fiddle with how things load up, for sure. I got a 12x12 Gazelle screen room just recently and taking it on a camping trip a couple weeks ago had me realize that its packed size is big enough that I need to put a little more thought into packing it up. Looks like the best way to do it is going to be strapping it to a roof rack (either above the Ranger's bed rack or the roof rack on the camper) is going to be the best way. It fits crosswise in the Ranger's bed, but that angled position messes with packing up the bed effectively with other stuff. Carrying something like that with a Bronco would give me fewer options. I'm not sure I want to know how expensive a suitable rack/platform over the removable Bronco roof would cost.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
A big no for me, it’s an oversized Maverick. Bought the Maverick hybrid for my wife and she loves it. The sport and full size are too goofy for me.
Sponsored