Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Recently I had a camping trip get cancelled. Well - pushed out a month to November. So I'm sitting here in my office all packed up and ready to go. My stuff occupies an area about 5'L x 2'W x 3'H. The two guys I was going with had a similar sized pile.

Sitting next to this pile has made me acutely aware of what my cargo needs run like.

Then last night I parked next to an impressively equipped Bronco and I did lust for it, for it was mean and cool and bitchin. But as I walked around it, I noticed that for me to get similar cargo space to what I have in the Ranger, I would have to pull out the seats. Functionally I just need more space than it offers. Had hopes that if they got the engine issues sorted out, I could get one but now, I see it would be a mistake.

I still contend the Ranger would be PERFECT if they gavey you about 6" more behind the back seat for cargo storage. Might just be close to getting a bed storage solution. Something water tight and lockable. But making the Bronco a doable solution would take a trailer the size of the bed.
Sponsored

Fritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XL
Recently I had a camping trip get cancelled. Well - pushed out a month to November. So I'm sitting here in my office all packed up and ready to go. My stuff occupies an area about 5'L x 2'W x 3'H. The two guys I was going with had a similar sized pile.

Sitting next to this pile has made me acutely aware of what my cargo needs run like.

Then last night I parked next to an impressively equipped Bronco and I did lust for it, for it was mean and cool and bitchin. But as I walked around it, I noticed that for me to get similar cargo space to what I have in the Ranger, I would have to pull out the seats. Functionally I just need more space than it offers. Had hopes that if they got the engine issues sorted out, I could get one but now, I see it would be a mistake.

I still contend the Ranger would be PERFECT if they gavey you about 6" more behind the back seat for cargo storage. Might just be close to getting a bed storage solution. Something water tight and lockable. But making the Bronco a doable solution would take a trailer the size of the bed.
Were you looking at the fullsize Bronco? 2 door or 4?

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
The four door models I have seen, look to have plenty of storage. Along with the requisite insane price tag...........

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I have to agree Greg. It's really nice to have room for all our crap when we are camping or doing any of a million things with our Rangers! The Broncos look very cool but are not functional enough for me and are very over priced. Now if I won the lottery that would be a totally different situation. LOL

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
This is why I cancelled my Bronco order (along with the insane wait time). I like its looks and it has the 'cool' factor, but the Ranger is so much more versatile for a much lower price tag. If I was still a serious rock crawler or spent a lot of time off road it would be different. But I now do mostly desert running or forest roads along with some medium wildland trails. So.... what do I do with all of this Bronco swag they keep sending me?

Last edited:

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
I have to agree Greg. It's really nice to have room for all our crap when we are camping or doing any of a million things with our Rangers! The Broncos look very cool but are not functional enough for me and are very over priced. Now if I won the lottery that would be a totally different situation. LOL
In my opinion, the 2 door Broncos look cool....the 4 door not so much.....especially the soft top with those hideous wavy windows.

OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
I too initially lusted after one, but once I started to think about living with it and how much highway driving I do I quickly realized that the Ranger was a better fit for me.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I want a Bronco to augment my Ranger, not replace it. The wife and I do a lot of forest roads for recreation. She has her Crosstrek, but its limits are pushed, plus the cargo space is small. I want a Bronco for her. While a it cannot tow my 5,000 lbs TT, it can town a utility trailer, quad trailer, etc, which the Crosstrek cannot.

Athough the MSRP for the Bronco I'd want is at least $50K (4 door Badlands w/ lux and tow package, hard roof). That is a little more than the MSRP on my Ranger would be today (I think I priced my Ranger at $47k MSRP recently).

Still, we will probably order one in a year or two.

My sister has one, pictured below, so we have extensive experience riding in them.
Smith_Bronco.jpg

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I get what you mean with the Bronco as I already made a post about such. Even with the few things that could have been different with the Ranger I still liked it and found my own solutions to the problems I had. Others I just had to deal with. Thankfully my Pathfinder is coming together at a fairly good rate at this time so a new vehicle probably wont happen for a while if any.

Figured I might as well put this here for fun

1002221422.jpg

Last edited:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i wanted a 2 door bronco back when the prices were not insane but could never find one in stock . but after seeing them around town everyday for a while im sort of over them. most are four door. ive yet to see one that was not a pavement queen. it sorta gives them that 4 door jeep vibe. like - we should have a mini van but are too cool for that so instead we got a jeep and fluffy pimped it up, hipsters lol.

TICKLE ZOMBIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT 2WD Sport
I test drove a Bronco Sport and overall it was nice, but I couldn’t get comfy in it. In fact, I got a severe headache within minutes of driving it.

When I got back to the dealership I saw a velocity blue ranger out of the corner of my eye and took it for a quick spin and bought it!

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I bet half of your gear consists of assorted oils, brushes, and little scizzors for maintenance on that bigass mustachio you got..

Shave it off and pack light brother ✊

Nah don't do that. That things bitchin.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i am liking the idea of the bronco and ranger sharing some parts. the aftermarket for ranger stuff is pretty limited. but the bronco may bring us more options for later i hope.
Sponsored