RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
A little bit maybe. I don't remember the exact but if memory serves me right the front is 25 MM and the rear is 23 MM.
Interesting - I wouldn't think they would have been that big. Well, the other thing is that the '94 has had 29 years to "stretch out" too, so it is likely a bit more limber. :LOL:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Interesting - I wouldn't think they would have been that big. Well, the other thing is that the '94 has had 29 years to "stretch out" too, so it is likely a bit more limber. :LOL:
For how old the WD21 is I'm sure that has helped, but if you read the article from Car & Driver above you will notice how the old Pathfinder was at the top for it's class. Somehow Nissan figured out how to make the 5 Link Rear end work well even with the SwayBar in the rear. Nissan was actually the first to sell a SUV in the USA (and possibly other countries) with a 5 Link Rear end. Other manufacturers followed afterwards.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
One thing I found out along the way though. Women don’t like old worn out things. (Don’t say it!) Had my last Ranger for 23 years. Of that the last 15 the wife never drove it or rode in it.
I guess I have an exceptional wife! If given the choice between the 2005 Ranger and the 2020 Ranger, she'd go with the 2005 every time! She is constantly telling me this. She will admit the 2020 rides better cross country, but she still prefers the 2005 overall.

She tells me she has more confidence in the 2005 and that it has a more responsive throttle from a stop. I tend to agree with her on that point.

The 2005 is no where near as quick, and gets less mileage per tank.

She also says there is less to break on the 2005 and it is more "private". She had a stint in I/T security at IBM, and those types are naturally a little guarded (dare I say paranoid). She replies that it is not paranoia if it is true. :wink:

jtzako

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
I had a reservation in when they were first announced. However, I cancelled it when they did the official reveal. One reason was that even with Badlands and Sasquatch (on 35 inch tires) I could not get as much ground clearance as my current Xterra had on 33s. That seemed pretty ridiculous for the top end offroading version.

The other reason was lack of hard top at release, and the front camera blocked by the factory winch. (major design fail)

Another reason was that it gets terrible MPG. A much more modern engine and transmission and its just as bad as my current vehicle was.

I just felt that they did not do a good enough job designing it and making it ready. Perhaps these days it is better, but ultimately it just wasnt worth it.
Sponsored