First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
and today i finally got the rear shocks put on. it was much easier than i thought it would be. except for having to go fishing for the top curbside nut... it was holding it self in place perfectly from all the mud so i didnt bother with tape. soon as i lined up the new shock and put in the bolt the nut went right into no hands fit land...
So how was the test ride?
Sponsored

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
and today i finally got the rear shocks put on. it was much easier than i thought it would be. except for having to go fishing for the top curbside nut... it was holding it self in place perfectly from all the mud so i didnt bother with tape. soon as i lined up the new shock and put in the bolt the nut went right into no hands fit land...
Enjoy the improvement

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
have not tried them yet, had to shower and change i was nasty from crawling on the ground and creeper. dont wanna mess up the interior of the truck. i will likely take it for a spin in a couple hours when traffic dies down.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
finally got to take it for a spin. I could tell a big difference already. just stepping on the back bumper was better. the back of the truck feels controlled now and not like a fat man standing in up in a small canoe. Cant wait to get the rest done!

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I have already gone from Stock (Fx4) to Rough Countrys and about to go to Bilsteins.
Question to all of you - the shop manual says throw aware the hardware. I didn't when I installed the Rough Countrys. I figure it has something to do with deforming to lock and re-use will not lock as well. This time I may break out the loctite...
Anyone replace theirs?

Last edited:

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Changed shocks out twice, only at 10k miles, I reused the 1st time as it was only like 700 miles on the clock. The second time, I added 589 Shock Protection and they came with a new longer bolt.

I try to replace with new when I can.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Getting ready to install these and the label still indicates boot up

PXL_20210208_144527234.jpg
That's how I installed my Eibachs. I figured if the zip tie failed the boot would just flop around but still be somewhat protective. If it was upside down it would collect debris.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I have already gone from Stock (Fx4) to Rough Countrys and about to go to Bilsteins.
Question to all of you - the shop manual says throw aware the hardware. I didn't when I installed the Rough Countrys. I figure it has something to do with deforming to lock and re-use will not lock as well. This time I may break out the loctite...
Anyone replace theirs?
since it is not the first or second go round with the hardware i would change them for new. i figure one change out should be fine on the hardware but after that it is not worth the possible headaches. hardware is cheap. having a shock come free while rounding a turn on the freeway, very costly lol. i plan on checking them out in a week or so and make sure they are still at the correct foot pounds of torque and touching up the thread lock.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Went with new bolts and nuts.
Ride is marginally better than my Rough Country shocks I replaced. The proof will be when I drive tonight - The LED headlight have a very definitive horizon line and is a good gauge for how much float is in the suspension. It was sea sick worthy with the stock Fx4 shocks ?
As I bought these used I could tell which one was on the exhaust side as the boot was a bit deformed. Anyone else notice this, it is close to the exhaust.
Sponsored