BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Yokohama X-A/T (Brand New Tire) 285/70/17...2.5" leveling kit, only had to cut rear crash bars.

Ranger 1.jpg

Ranger 2.jpg

Ranger 3.jpg

Ranger 4.jpg
The X-AT's look great! Please let us know what you think of them on/off road!

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Keep us in the loop, these are the tires Im looking at to replace the stockers in the fall before the snow files, be interested in how you like them, noise level etc.
The tires have been phenomenal, I highly recommend them especially because of their value. I've never driven the standard go-to KO2's or any mud terrain, but these tires did a great job on the trails. It got real muddy down in Kentucky and while they will clog if you're always driving slowly in mud, they clean out real well once you get some speed in them. Infinitely better in the mud than the Hankooks and dirt/rain/pavement traction is superior as well. The extra inch of sidewall helps the ride tremendously too.

It's hard to say what my mpg difference is since the distance isn't as accurate anymore...that being said I haven't noticed a difference in how often I'm at the pump. Trip computer hasn't changed much (maybe 0.5 mpg?). The only downside is that acceleration and braking is slightly more sluggish since the tire itself is larger but that's an inherent trait with any larger tire.

Edit: I'm referring to Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/70/17 tires btw.

Last edited:

BB3

First Name
Baldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed some Motiv Offroad Magnus 20×9 +18 with the Nitto Ridge Grappler 275/55/20. Had to remove the front and rear crash bars due to rubbing. Also put some fender flares, grille, nerf bars, and trifold bed cover on this past weekend! Waiting to put some 1.5" spacers this weekend to sit flush.

20190624_205458.jpg

20190624_205442.jpg

20190624_205555.jpg

20190624_205506.jpg

PhotoEditor_20190624_211953770.jpg

Last edited:

BB3

First Name
Baldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
For those wondering... I searched forever online for a "how to" to remove the front bumper to get the front crash bars out without cutting since I didn't have the proper cutting tools... and I also heard they were a pain in the butt to cut off. Finally found this write up by ADD to install their front bumper. Followed steps A-G and skipped to step K. Took about 30 minutes and they slid right out.

Attachments

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
For those wondering... I searched forever online for a "how to" to remove the front bumper to get the front crash bars out without cutting since I didn't have the proper cutting tools... and I also heard they were a pain in the butt to cut off. Finally found this write up by ADD to install their front bumper. Followed steps A-G and skipped to step K. Took about 30 minutes and they slid right out.
Thanks for sharing the "how to", it's a great resource!

Reactions: BB3

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Also, please update with the spacers! Will be interested in seeing how it affects ride and handling. As well as bolt on procedures/modifications if necessary.

Reactions: BB3

BB3

First Name
Baldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Also, please update with the spacers! Will be interested in seeing how it affects ride and handling. As well as bolt on procedures/modifications if necessary.
Will do. I plan to pt them on tomorrow God willing!

BB3

First Name
Baldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Also had to unbolt the bottom 2 fender bolts to pull back on them to slide out the rear crash bars. That and some other bolts for the fender inside liner along with a plastic block piece to be able to slide one of the rear crash bar bolts out. Pretty intuitive though. No instructions really needed for the rear. Took about 1hr for the rear. Rubbing 100% gone now!!

rdm3671

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Just installed some Motiv Offroad Magnus 20×9 +18 with the Nitto Ridge Grappler 275/55/20. Had to remove the front and rear crash bars due to rubbing. Also put some fender flares, grille, nerf bars, and trifold bed cover on this past weekend! Waiting to put some 1.5" spacers this weekend to sit flush.
Nice looking truck.