Big gas price jump in ON & QC tonight!!!

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Heads up for all of us in either ON or QC; gas is set to jump by 14 cents/litre (that's roughly 56 cents/gallon for our US brethren) tonight, and it doesn't look to be coming down significantly anytime soon. Anybody know how many 20L jerry cans can fit in the bed of the Ranger? 🤔

Apparently it's largely driven by the switch from the "winter-blend" to the "summer-blend" of gasoline; I'm guessing that that has something to do with an additive to keep the freeze-point lower, which in turn dilutes the gas so that they can make more sales off of the same quantity, but I don't really know. If anyone has some insight into the differences between these blends, I'd love to learn more.
Sponsored

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
What, were not buying from Russia anymore?

I don't think it's winter/summer blend, never has it changed for that.
Face facts, we're the product & we're being bled dry.

Cheers 🍻

Enjoy your family & friends, that's all we have left.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Perks of living in sleepy little New Mexico, I'm seeing premium going for about $3.70/gal right now. Sucks that you guys are paying out the nose...

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Perks of living in sleepy little New Mexico, I'm seeing premium going for about $3.70/gal right now. Sucks that you guys are paying out the nose...
Holy crap!!!! They're giving it away!

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Heads up for all of us in either ON or QC; gas is set to jump by 14 cents/litre (that's roughly 56 cents/gallon for our US brethren) tonight, and it doesn't look to be coming down significantly anytime soon. Anybody know how many 20L jerry cans can fit in the bed of the Ranger? 🤔

Apparently it's largely driven by the switch from the "winter-blend" to the "summer-blend" of gasoline; I'm guessing that that has something to do with an additive to keep the freeze-point lower, which in turn dilutes the gas so that they can make more sales off of the same quantity, but I don't really know. If anyone has some insight into the differences between these blends, I'd love to learn more.
It's just supply and demand. They bump it here before Memorial day, first long weekend in spring and when people start driving more and bring it down after Labor day, last long weekend in fall and when people dial back their driving.

Always follows that same schedule but years past the story was always some hurricane hitting an oil refinery or some Mid East tension instead of winter/summer gas mixes.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
Premium in Oregon is just shy of $5.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Sales of EVs dropped big time. Need gas prices over $5 a gallon to jump start them. The US is also buying dirty oil from Argentina that costs more to refine along with a global conflict in oil producing countries. Uncontrolled inflation doesn't help. This is just the start if we don't get drilling again and quit spending.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Sales of EVs dropped big time. Need gas prices over $5 a gallon to jump start them. The US is also buying dirty oil from Argentina that costs more to refine along with a global conflict in oil producing countries. Uncontrolled inflation doesn't help. This is just the start if we don't get drilling again and quit spending.
I think they just might be buying a bit of that dirty oil from up here too. :bandit:

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
we are no longer in control and are just puppets to forces not in our control. it just sucks. It's not just 1 county things but the entire system is broken globally. Yolo and enjoy while we can. The rich will continue to get Richer, more people will be become poor and the middle class will continue to erode till there won't be any left🥺

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
Premium in Oregon is just shy of $5.
same here in NY. 87 is going for about $4.25 a gallon with 91/93 around $5
Sponsored