OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I read a couple reviews where it was said they drilled a hole under the tip to avoid condensation. Do you think there is any reason to really have to do that? Have you noticed it to be a problem?
I have seen those posts too where they drill a hole but didn't explain why. I assumed that it is to drain off condensation falling down into the exhaust tip from the tailpipe. Maybe to prevent rust. It is a dry desert climate where I live and rust is hardly ever much of an issue here. I have seen condensation coming out when I start the Truck but it has not created any problems so far as staining or rust anywhere. So far this seems to be a high quality device. If you find out more info. about drilling, please let me know.

I called Go Rhino before installing and they said that this is an exhaust tip and not an exhaust extension and to install it as close to the end of the tailpipe as possible. In photo 3, you can see the tailpipe inside of the exhaust tip. I installed the tip so that the outside edge of the bottom end of the tip extends out about 1/2" beyond the edge of the bottom end of the tailpipe.

Another thing is that when I 1st tried to tighten the clamp it would not snug down and felt that anymore pressure would strip the thread or break something. I was informed to use WD-40 on the thread and this allowed me to tighten it completely without damage.

Paul
Sponsored

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks..I think I will get the 14", I thought that would cover more and look better from the rear.
After I installed mine, I measured the tailpipe to see if it would take the 14" tip before any bends would prevent it from slipping on, and it seemed that it would. It might be a good idea to measure yours 1st to see if it will fit just in case Ford has changed the tailpipe configuration.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I ordered the 14 inch one today..I'll post once I get it.
Here is some additional information that I learned in the process which might helpful with your installation.

There are some posts where they drill a hole in the Tip but didn't explain why. I assumed that it is to drain off condensation falling down into the exhaust tip from the tailpipe. Maybe to prevent rust. It is a dry desert climate where I live and rust is hardly ever much of an issue here. I have seen condensation coming out when I start the Truck but it has not created any problems so far as staining or rust anywhere. So far this seems to be a high quality device. If you find out more info. about drilling, please let me know.

I called Go Rhino before installing and they said that this is an exhaust tip and not an exhaust extension and to install it as close to the end of the tailpipe as possible. In photo 3, you can see the tailpipe inside of the exhaust tip. I installed the tip so that the outside edge of the bottom end of the tip extends out about 1/2" beyond the edge of the bottom end of the tailpipe.

Another thing is that when I 1st tried to tighten the clamp it would not snug down and felt that anymore pressure would strip the thread or break something. I was informed to use WD-40 on the thread and this allowed me to tighten it completely without damage.

Looking forward to see how your Truck looks with the Tip.

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Here is some additional information that I learned in the process which might helpful with your installation.

There are some posts where they drill a hole in the Tip but didn't explain why. I assumed that it is to drain off condensation falling down into the exhaust tip from the tailpipe. Maybe to prevent rust. It is a dry desert climate where I live and rust is hardly ever much of an issue here. I have seen condensation coming out when I start the Truck but it has not created any problems so far as staining or rust anywhere. So far this seems to be a high quality device. If you find out more info. about drilling, please let me know.

Thanks for the additional info. I probably will just see if any moisture develops in between the extension and actual tailpipe, and if it does, will decide about drilling the hole. This mountain air definitely has moisture. I'll update when I receive it and get it on the truck. I'll be putting on several items in the next week or so thanks to this site.

BigHen0213

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Sales/Management
Mine came with a bedliner in it when I bought it used, but my upgrades (order of value, IMO):

Tonneau cover
Drivers side bed mounted swingbox (since I lost storage space from my old Ram)
Husky floor liners
Window deflector/rain guard
Step bumpers (aesthetically awesome, good for my handicapped wife to get in)
Tow hitch

Vin_E88

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xl
Occupation
Blending Operator
Wow where do I start. I had them throw in a spray in bed liner when I bought my Ranger.
First was Weather Tech floor mats with Ford Pass Points.
At the same time the Ford Molded mud flaps with ford pass points.
Second was rubber bed mat!!!
Third and most important tint the front driver and passenger windows. $50/window.
Ionic black nerf bars.
AVS Bug and Rock deflector.
Bilstein 5100 shocks front and back. AWESOME!
Borla Dual Exhaust.
Tailgate damper.
LED bulbs everywhere I could change them.
Truxedo PROX15 Tonneau cover.
Not installed yet but purchased carbon fiber dash kit.
Not installed yet but purchased Diode Dynamics Yellow PRO SS fog/driving lights.
WOW I have spent some coin on my baby and she is only 6 months old.
what front coil springs are you going to run with the front bilstein 5100?

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

I received the 14 inch pipe, thinking it would not fit because of the bend in my tailpipe, however, it did fit. Tightening down the clamp was a workout, but it looks pretty good. I need to decide if I need to take off and trim just a couple of inches of the tailpipe so none of it shows, or just paint it black (or wait for the soot to take care of it). My ocd will probably cause me to just cut a couple of inches off. I had already ordered the 10 inch pipe thinking this one wouldn't work. Anyway, I still need to paint some of the pipe above the tip black as well. Looks better than the factory pipe for sure. At some point, probably will do dual exhaust.

trucka.jpg

truckb.jpg

truckc.jpg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I received the 14 inch pipe, thinking it would not fit because of the bend in my tailpipe, however, it did fit. Tightening down the clamp was a workout, but it looks pretty good. I need to decide if I need to take off and trim just a couple of inches of the tailpipe so none of it shows, or just paint it black (or wait for the soot to take care of it). My ocd will probably cause me to just cut a couple of inches off. I had already ordered the 10 inch pipe thinking this one wouldn't work. Anyway, I still need to paint some of the pipe above the tip black as well. Looks better than the factory pipe for sure. At some point, probably will do dual exhaust.

trucka.jpg

truckb.jpg

truckc.jpg
Looks nice!

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Supercab, remove headrests on rear seat.
Cost: $0.00.

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr

trucka.jpg

truckb.jpg

truckc.jpg
So all I need is a 3 inch inlet 4 inch outlet and that will fit the ranger?

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
Tinted windows here in Texas are a must. The biggest bang for the buck was turning in my FordPass points for a Ford Tounue hard folding cover. Gas milage dramatically improved. The Tremor is supposed to have 19 MPH, and I average more than 23 MPH.

Good Luck and have fun.
Hey Ft. Worth neighbor, I guess you're not planning on getting anywhere too fast with that 19/23 MPH are you? Lol! But yes, gotta have those tinted windows in north Texas for sure...

Grooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Hey Ft. Worth neighbor, I guess you're not planning on getting anywhere too fast with that 19/23 MPH are you? Lol! But yes, gotta have those tinted windows in north Texas for sure...
True, but a Tremor is advertised as 19/19. So, I have really happy to get 21/24 now. It likes 65 to 70 mph. So fast enough, and I enjoy driving it. Love when Tacos stop to check her out.

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So all I need is a 3 inch inlet 4 inch outlet and that will fit the ranger?
Yes. GoRhino has a 10 inch blacked out extension and 14 inch. I purchased a 10 inch but returned it and ordered the 14, but still wasn’t happy with seeing the stock pipe color, so I painted it black up to the muffler.

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat CC Tremor
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
How do you get fordpass points?? Do I have to finance through ford to accrue points or do I get points for buying the truck??
Sponsored