micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I did my lights this way with the hope that it could be changed in Forscan. So far I have not found anything.
Its still the cleanest install of bed lights, especially with the Wolf Haus bed power with pigtail.

UPDATE - for those reading this in the future this can be changed in FORscan. Its on the same setting as the interior power ports.
Sponsored

Last edited:

royalnewjersey

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing
I did my lights this way with the hope that it could be changed in Forscan. So far I have not found anything.
Its still the cleanest install of bed lights, especially with the Wolf Haus bed power with pigtail.
Didn't know what this was, had to look it up. Super cool idea. I might be interested in going this route instead of drilling the bed for the OEM option. Thanks!

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
Here is what I did, I used aluminum channel, a set of NiLight LED strips and good quality 3M tape. I have a BedRug and the aluminum profile fit right over the edge of the BedRug and lays perfectly along the flat angle of the upper inner bed wall. I used the switch that came with them and mounted it up under the rail.
I tied into the power at the plug under the bedside.

DCD8B8E8-B93A-436E-81C8-80D3CE78161B.jpeg

6F16CD64-0D3D-40C3-B8E5-5B4B9EAB6F86.jpeg

EE4F4F14-0B61-4E1A-8CB9-A47D044EE551.jpeg

5E3A33B3-9A66-4672-88B5-20A8DA237211.jpeg

C0C04493-5BA8-469F-8556-2EDBF632F4BC.jpeg

4B07C896-3A3E-435B-A3EE-16E3A096D1F2.jpeg

A6A5E451-2F2C-4EDC-B37A-66089E2DF4AA.jpeg

941B78FB-22D8-42B6-9207-E73597D4A777.jpeg

5A6CBFEC-B48B-4041-BB86-72670B14277D.jpeg

FACFA1F5-39D9-4705-A834-3B192F926E11.jpeg

AFDF66B1-3C28-4EFE-B492-9692DF0AF7BF.jpeg

025C47C3-07B6-498D-8C07-D692914DDC11.jpeg

784D6B4D-3AE1-44A8-90ED-26E731A6FD9E.jpeg

AC7D7EA5-59F9-49B4-AC8D-08D2F4E1CAEB.jpeg

Last edited:

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Just an FYI, pic #3 is me using hemostats to pull the LED strip down a bit in the casing to cut it close to the âś‚ mark to cut it. You can pull it out enough to do this.
Really nice job - I used the same LEDs and it did not even dawn on me to cut the LED strip! Really well thought thru Dana!

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gov Employee
Thanks, I had the lights for a month hemming and hawing over the best way to install them. I think attaching them to some aluminum profile whether flat, angle or channel is the best way. I am OCD so if they aren’t straight and perfect it would kill me.
Good quality 3M tape and prep is the key.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Never thought much on bed lighting until I saw this. First off, I bought several under cabinet LED lights from this company years ago. They've been working great ever since.
Now I found that they make a rechargeable LED. I thought, hey, truck bed light !

They come in different lengths but I like 24" They're dimmable 3 ways, or have it at full 5000K.
They're motion sensor timed for up to 2 minutes, or just on or off switched.
It's got built in magnets to attach to metal, or a magnetic strip if you need to stick that to something.

Lasts about 5-6 hours full on bright, 30 hours full dim so they say. Recharges full in 3 hours using a
micro usb port. Has battery charge indicator.
I figure this can be charged while driving the truck if needed like on long trips.

And not being hard wired, it's a quick grab light for emergencies for road side help.
Only down side I can see is it's intention was for under cabinets inside the home.
How it will work inside a truck bed remains to be tested as long as it's dry.
They have an outstanding warranty though. The product is called EShine. I'll post a link.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W8W93B...olid=3OJFKSTDJUFB4&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Don't have bed lights or powerpoint in my truck bed, YET! But ran across a power point setting in Forscan. It is in the BdyCM called Power Point Timeout, mine was set to 1 hr 15 min. Right next to it is another setting called Power Point Feature it is an Enable/Disable switch. In the F150 spreadsheet this refers to time out. Maybe disabling this will stop the timeout. Or else enter a ridiculously long value in the time out like 8 or 12 hours. Not sure what the max value is but looking at the as-buildt it is about 18 hours. Value of seconds in HEX needs to be less than FFFF.

Give it a try and report back.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gov Employee
Don't have bed lights or powerpoint in my truck bed, YET! But ran across a power point setting in Forscan. It is in the BdyCM called Power Point Timeout, mine was set to 1 hr 15 min. Right next to it is another setting called Power Point Feature it is an Enable/Disable switch. In the F150 spreadsheet this refers to time out. Maybe disabling this will stop the timeout. Or else enter a ridiculously long value in the time out like 8 or 12 hours. Not sure what the max value is but looking at the as-buildt it is about 18 hours. Value of seconds in HEX needs to be less than FFFF.

Give it a try and report back.
From my understanding those settings are for in the cab, not the bed. I tried disabling them and the bed power still times out.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
From my understanding those settings are for in the cab, not the bed. I tried disabling them and the bed power still times out.
OK, just saw the settings and thought I'd ask the question. Thanks for the feedback.

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I've reprogrammed mine from the factory 75 minute timeout to 18 hour timeout -- Reason is for the twin dash cams so they function in parking mode overnight - Works perfect for this application. I don't have bed lights.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to revive a month old thread. But I did some testing and wanted to share. I checked out the 12v bed plug mentioned by MT19RANGER. I was hoping that the plug would be active once you unlock the truck with the key fob, but no such luck. I wanted an easier wiring point than running a cable to the battery (or the 3rd brake / cargo light). I used a multimeter and got the following values:

Truck sitting overnight: 0.08v
Unlock truck with key fob: 0.08v
Turn on ignition, check while running: 14.XXv
Turn off ignition, check while off: 12.XXv

So it seems that this plug deactivates after the ~2hr automatic shutoff, and won't resume power until you turn the ignition again. Bummer as I was hoping that just unlocking with the key fob again would allow you to power the bed lights. Just a warning for anyone trying to go this route. I may end up getting the OEM kit and running the wire to the battery just so everything is 100% OEM. :crying:

EDIT: (only thing I forgot to check was testing with the key turned to "ACC", but not cycling the ignition. I'll go back out and test in a few hours. but i think the behavior will be the same).
I never realized it wasn't powered when unlocking doors or even open doors after it's been powered down. I usually get to my destination and just open the tailgate and turn them on. But I did try in "ACC" w/ my push button and they turned on then so that's a workaround if you don't want to start the vehicle.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Found this in another thread. Looks like there's a way in Forscan to keep the power on all the time. Works for the outlets in the cab too

I used the BCM module to change it, Disabled Power Point Feature.
1609268914874.png

But can confirm after change that was the Hex change, 726-39-01 setting XXXX X1XX XXXX, changed 1 to 0.

I am going on 2.5 hours and power is still there vs stock setting of 4500 sec (1.5 hrs).

Confirmed! this also applies to the rear power ports AND the aux power to the bed.?

And Battery saver will shut them off if the battery gets too low. I can also confirm this as I was doing some testing with low battery (I discovered) and my bed lights would shut off after like 30sec after turning the IGN off. This was before my ForScan mods so had me freaked out a bit! The bed light install was not a quick n easy!