First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I took my truck in to dealer to have the dealer installed bed lights from Ford. They have had the truck for two days. Apparently this is either a pain in the rear to install or they don’t know what they are doing. They did call me just now to tell me they finished but that the tech drilled through the bed and dented the rear fender so they want to keep it another day to have their dent guy look at fixing the dent. Glad they owned up to their mistake but now I am wishing I had just gone with a portable flashlight.

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Update. They dented both sides and their “dent guy” has no idea how to fix the dent because a drill bit caused it. In good news my bed lights are in and are very nice. In bad news I have to schedule an appointment with their body shop. Sigh.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Ok, got the ACCESS 39" ones in and had a buddy at work help me wire them into the 12V Outlet Bed feed that I'll never install, power always on so just have to be careful not to leave them on. UPDATE: actually the power to that 12V outlet turns off. Same as the 2 - 12V ports in the dash so my cellphone booster can be left on and I don't have to worry about battery drain.

https://shop.agricover.com/product/accessledlight

IMG-5894.JPG
IMG-5895.JPG
IMG-5880.JPG
IMG-5881.JPG
Great pics, thank you, I hope to do the same. =)

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Just put them in today...Excellent bargain and as an option one or all can be removed to light up anything as they attach magnetically. Best $12 I ever spent. Some of us don't need permanent setups for bed lighting. Just keep it simple.

unnamed26.jpg
Now that's my kind of wiring work! I like it!

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
Kept all the wires out of the bed.
Routed the power thru a sheet metal opening. The connector just fit!
qYu8zvOjKQBiNpj-JRLTJFAii=w1251-h938-no?authuser=0.jpg
I just installed the same LED strips but wasn't able to fit the connector down that hole, and the strips were too long unless cut, but I ended up finding a different path to run them that helped with both problems. I removed the taillights and fed the strips up through a crack at the top behind the tail lights:

1658589239674.png

The excess strip is hidden behind the tail light and the wiring drops down into the same place that the tail light wiring goes. No visible wires and no cutting of the strips.

The most difficult part of the project was connecting the splitter to the Wolf Haus pigtail. I ended up cutting the inline fuse off of the splitter so that I could feed it into the round hole from within the bed, leaving the button in the bed and everything else hidden. Also had to add extra wire between the splitter and the Wolf Haus pigtail in order to connect them together from under the truck, as I couldn't reach up high enough to connect them to each other at the shorter lengths that they were.

Last edited:

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I just installed the same LED strips but wasn't able to fit the connector down that hole, and the strips were too long unless cut, but I ended up finding a different path to run them that helped with both problems. I removed the taillights and fed the trips up through crack at the top edge:

1658589239674.png

The excess strip is hidden behind the tail light and the wiring drops down into the same place that the tail light wiring goes. No visible wires and no cutting of the strips.

The most difficult part of the project was connecting the splitter to the Wolf Haus pigtail. I ended up cutting the inline fuse off of the splitter so that I could feed it into the round hole from within the bed, leaving the button in the bed and everything else hidden. Also had to add extra wire between the splitter and the Wolf Haus pigtail in order to connect them together from under the truck, as I couldn't reach up high enough to connect them to each other at the shorter lengths that they were.
Looks like the ideal location so the lights don't shine in your face.

Some light strips can be cut to desired length.

Installed with 3M tape ? Does that stick well to spray-in liner ?

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
3M make a adhesive primer. I used that on the bed liner and mine are still in place

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation

These can be cut down but there's silcone or something in the end to help keep the water out which I would have to replace and didn't feel like getting into.

I used whatever adhesive tape was on the lights. I'll be surprised if it holds onto the spray-in liner for long.

Last edited:

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4

I've had mines in for over 2 years now and they're still as stuck as the first day. I'm actually impressed because I was ready to drill and screw some mounting tabs as it starts to fall off. I got my spray in liner done at a shop so I can't speak for oem.

I have a tonneau cover but since the lights are tucked beneath the rails it shouldn't get direct sunlight or much water without one.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Well that's good news. Hopefully mine sticks to the OEM liner just as well. I wiped it down with alcohol first, and it was pretty clean before even that.

Last edited:

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Btw, I'd recommend anyone installing directly to battery also install some sort of indicator to let you know when lights are on, especially when you have a tonneau...I may or may not have killed a battery :crazy:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase