First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
@UncleBob I just went out and measured for you. It is roughly 10" from the floor of the truck bed to the center of the pivot. Even if it doesnt fit....it wouldn't take much more than 10mins to swap out the brackets. The mounting points would be the same and it's just turning a socket wrench.

I did look at the install manual for the sport version...everything looks to be the same except for the shape of the extender itself.
Thanks Mobius97. I may just bite the bullet and order one and hope it will slip right in the already installed pivot brackets. That would sure make it easy to swap in whichever on I want to use. That is assuming I don't just choose one and sell the one I don't want.
Sponsored

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
No problem! Happy to help another owner. I will say...take my measurements as truly rough though. Since the bracket is slotted to allow for adjustments, I raised mine to compensate for my BedRug so the extender would sit level.

I truly think both models would use the same bracket because it wouldn't make much sense for AMP to design two different brackets (manufacturing cost) just to accommodate the MAX HD version on the Ranger vs the sport. My guess is that you would be able to use both with the same mounted brackets. Hope this helps and happy hauling!

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
Can anyone verify if the Amp Research Bed Extender will clear the side rails of the Leer HF350M hard folding tonneau cover?
I am hoping to be able to use the more square HD version in my Lariat when it arrives in a few weeks.

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
I finally got around to installing the Amp Max bed extender and can confirm the pivot pins DO fit and operate normally in the pivot socket used with the standard socket brackets used with the extender Ford offers.

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
Can anyone verify if the Amp Research Bed Extender will clear the side rails of the Leer HF350M hard folding tonneau cover?
I am hoping to be able to use the more square HD version in my Lariat when it arrives in a few weeks.
i have the ford folding and it clears fine for it.

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
I finally got around to installing the Amp Max bed extender and can confirm the pivot pins DO fit and operate normally in the pivot socket used with the standard socket brackets used with the extender Ford offers.
That's great to hear! I figured that would the case but nice that you have now confirmed it if others want to go this route and have both options.

RangerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Does anyone know if the AMP BedXTender HD Max works with the Retrax retractable covers?

Last edited:

racinteach

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
Hey folks, I was gifted an extender that uses a center pivot similar to the AMP. Does anyone know if I can get the mounting hardware from AMP for the Ranger? Thanks..

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey folks, I was gifted an extender that uses a center pivot similar to the AMP. Does anyone know if I can get the mounting hardware from AMP for the Ranger? Thanks..
Do you have the mounting hardware along with it? I used my old bed extender from my Tacoma and just used the old pivot. I just pulled out the taillights and drilled into the sides and mounted it. It's worked great for over a year now and I use mine all the time.

IMG_3486.jpg

cdwoodring98

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
USG
It's available.

I happen to have mine. Going to install it tomorrow.

I scanned the instructions for you to read.

View attachment 6748

IMG_20190322_194741.jpg
It's on. :D

Had to buy a rivet gun.

Instructions is fairly simple. You need to read it carefully because some parts only fits in one direction.

And I'm happy the bolts screws directly into the holes you see on the side when you put the tailgate down.

IMG_20190323_101535.jpg
Will this still work if you have the stock ford drop-in bed liner installed?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It will work but you'll have to cut the bed liner away from the holes on the sides. You can use a Dremel with the cutting tool to shape it so it's not all jagged. The other option is to just drill out the holes and mount the plate to the bed liner.

Scoopo

First Name
Scoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew
Occupation
IT Support Technician
You can just drill holes in the liner as opposed to cutting out a piece. That's what I did.
Then I did not use the plastic washers as the liner itself took that space.
Actually made the liner fit better on the sides as it was gapping slightly there.
Sponsored