First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Youre right, Thats kinda cool but I can usually rope mine up in the same time it takes to set that thing up.

I did like the clip on flag though. Might need to get me one of those. :)

OP
OP
NotBudule

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Youre right, Thats kinda cool but I can usually rope mine up in the same time it takes to set that thing up.

I did like the clip on flag though. Might need to get me one of those. :)
agree , i kinda have done the same thing with straps and tarps , but that folds up nice and stores easy...

NoTacos

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RangerXLT CrewCab 4x4
agree , i kinda have done the same thing with straps and tarps , but that folds up nice and stores easy...
I agree too. It is kind of neat and elegant. I also like the flag thing. Usually it’s duct tape and whatever red rag I got in the truck that I end up using.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I agree too. It is kind of neat and elegant. I also like the flag thing. Usually it’s duct tape and whatever red rag I got in the truck that I end up using.
Last time I got lumber I took my flannel off and stuck it in the rope that was holding my wood. :like:

OP
OP
NotBudule

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
What would really be cool is if that was somehow hidden in the tailgate on a retractable thingy ... feel free to run with that , just cut me in a little...

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
$222!!! Ha ha, PT Barnum comes to mind ;)

With an ideal load as wide as the tarp, with no sharp edges, and limited weight, it may be 1% better than regular straps or ropes.

Any un-even, off-size, or mixed loads it will be far less effective, and prone to poke through damage, unless there is other controls to contain the load.

Any lifting created by the top strap will cause bouncing.

OP
OP
NotBudule

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
$222!!! Ha ha, PT Barnum comes to mind ;)

With an ideal load as wide as the tarp, with no sharp edges, and limited weight, it may be 1% better than regular straps or ropes.

Any un-even, off-size, or mixed loads it will be far less effective, and prone to poke through damage, unless there is other controls to contain the load.

Any lifting created by the top strap will cause bouncing.
So , your a no then...

OP
OP
NotBudule

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Yes, I am indeed a no.
I am as well now that you have made fun of it... I was anyway , i gots straps... I could see weekend warriors throwing one in the back though , plus it would kinda make them do it right instead of me jumping out at the first stoplight on a hill to help the idiot in front of me reload his/her truck...

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
This, as many load securing systems, are not not going to teach anyone how to secure a load properly. More often than not, it leads to the illusion of a properly secured load, and over-confident drivers which then leads to bigger problems.

OP
OP
NotBudule

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
This, as many load securing systems, are not not going to teach anyone how to secure a load properly. More often than not, it leads to the illusion of a properly secured load, and over-confident drivers which then leads to bigger problems.
Well hell then ,set it on fire ?!!! I'm buying 2 of the damn things now and signing up to be a spokesman ! A new and improved version of course ...
Sponsored