Beating other trucks from the line

Enitan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I have a lot of fun with this truck. One thing which happens about once a week is someone wants to stretch their WHATEVERTRUCKBRANDMODEL pickup against mine. Usually by looking at each other, smiling and well having some fun.

I’ve smoked plenty of tacos, a few tundras, frontiers, Colorado’s and the like today was special :)

Brand new model year Silverado z71. Dude pulled up next to me slipping his truck into neutral revving it like a mad man. I looked. We smiled. I slipped into sport and manual button shift.

Light turns green, we’re off. I’m about 3/4 down he’s hanging to my back corner panel. After a few seconds I open up to the floor and in a blink 40-85 like a bloody jet. Now five car lengths behind I let off the gas and coast down.

He come up next to me with just a look of complete and absolute utter shock. I couldn’t help but cackle and nod my head at him.

How I’ve managed to not get a ticket in the 7300 plus miles of fun since November is beyond me.

Smoking a decked z71 2019/20 MY though. Absolutely priceless.

I love this freaking truck ?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's awesome!! :like:

That right there is the reason I decided NOT to get a tune. My driving record is finally spotless and insurance here is high enough. I know I would be racing everyone around here from light to light.

Now it's not without saying I'd back down from someone else antagonizing me (especially a Taco) but I just don't go out looking for it anymore. I figure between my motorcycles,snowmobiles and cars I've used up all my 9 lives. lol There's a lot of open back roads here where I'll open it up but I try my best not to mess around on the surface streets. :)

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I have a lot of fun with this truck. One thing which happens about once a week is someone wants to stretch their WHATEVERTRUCKBRANDMODEL pickup against mine. Usually by looking at each other, smiling and well having some fun.

I’ve smoked plenty of tacos, a few tundras, frontiers, Colorado’s and the like today was special :)

Brand new model year Silverado z71. Dude pulled up next to me slipping his truck into neutral revving it like a mad man. I looked. We smiled. I slipped into sport and manual button shift.

Light turns green, we’re off. I’m about 3/4 down he’s hanging to my back corner panel. After a few seconds I open up to the floor and in a blink 40-85 like a bloody jet. Now five car lengths behind I let off the gas and coast down.

He come up next to me with just a look of complete and absolute utter shock. I couldn’t help but cackle and nod my head at him.

How I’ve managed to not get a ticket in the 7300 plus miles of fun since November is beyond me.

Smoking a decked z71 2019/20 MY though. Absolutely priceless.

I love this freaking truck ?
He'll get the same realization how quick the Ranger is if you let off when you reach the speed limit.

Use your head... a reckless operation ticket is some serious shit.

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
I have a freeway on ramp that goes left then right 2 lanes to 1
Some dude in a lowered Honda accord with a trash can muffler pulled along side st the light revving his motor.
At the green i nailed it and pulled him by 5 car lengths going past the 2 to 1 lane accelerated to about 85 leaving him about 1/4 mile behind. Slowed down to 70 and he finally caught me flipped me off and started going in and out of traffic like a pissed off maniac.
I loved every moment ???

Last edited:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I used to have a 2001 Camaro SS that was modified and sounded like it.

Hood scoop, big SS on the fenders, sounded like a NASCAR if you revved it, didn't look fast at all :wink:

The people who would seemingly ALWAYS try to beat me at the light were women in minivans.

I would see them leaning up on the steering wheel and powerbraking at the light.

I guess that aggressive V6 throttle tip-in made them think they were in a rocket.

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
My tuned 2013 SHO was a blast when it came to this. That car left a lot of drivers with confused looks on their faces as they got their doors absolutely blown of by a 'Taurus'. The best one was an older guy and his trophy wife out for a drive in his Corvette, after I wasted him at three lights in a row his wife was laughing like crazy and he absolutely lost it when I winked at her. I look forward to doing similar things with the Ranger this summer, haha.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
He'll get the same realization how quick the Ranger is if you let off when you reach the speed limit.

I do that alot. I'll leave them behind at the light and settle at the speed limit and a good bit down the road they'll catch up & pass me. I get a good chuckle. Point made. :LOL:

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I do that alot. I'll leave them behind at the light and settle at the speed limit and a good bit down the road they'll catch up & pass me. I get a good chuckle. Point made. :LOL:
Nobody's challenged me to race at a light for quite awhile, but I've never had fast cars, anyway (this Ranger is by far the fastest I've ever owned). Still, I've always got a kick out of egging them on by revving my engine (I've driven mostly manuals over the years, so super easy to do), letting them take off, and then leisurely cruising down the road.

OP
OP
Enitan

Enitan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus

I only play where there is a wide field of view and where it’s safe. More than once I’ve let them tear off knowing the fuzz was about. One time in Florida years back guy was trying me in his civic against my sleeper build focus. I saw the trooper coming up behind. He was too focused on me — moral of the story be aware of your surroundings. And yes I did beep as I drove by and the trooper lit him up

around here you get a racing ticket, a hefty fine and your truck impounded for 7days.
and thats not even factoring in when insurance finds out.

its fun to leave someone looking at your tailgate, i taught a jeep that lesson a few weeks back, but on the flipside, had soccer mom in her ninja dodge van leave me gasping calling for a rematch.
i dont do it often, for reasons above. i value my money in my pocket, not the government treasury.
That’s crazy. And ya if I can’t be 100% no fuzz around I 100% don’t humor the other driver.

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Magazine said supercab 2wd will run 14s in the quarter mile . Believe it this thing beats my old 69 Z 28 and my present 66 stang with ease . Dusted off a subaru noise nitwit with ease but did not have the heart to let him see me laughing . The Rangers will be known as a muscle truck .

Dokkenmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Xlt Sport Supercrew 2wd
I have a muffler delete and tune and it's loud enough that people (especially Tacomas) pick on me at stop lights. I leave for work early and there's no cops and very little traffic so I humor them. Usually I don't even know it's happening till they leave the light hard. I'm not undefeated but those trucks were far from stock too. The big diesels around here are pretty nasty but the Tacomas and almost everything but the F150s get their feelings hurt lol.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I only play where there is a wide field of view and where it’s safe. More than once I’ve let them tear off knowing the fuzz was about. One time in Florida years back guy was trying me in his civic against my sleeper build focus. I saw the trooper coming up behind. He was too focused on me — moral of the story be aware of your surroundings. And yes I did beep as I drove by and the trooper lit him up

That’s crazy. And ya if I can’t be 100% no fuzz around I 100% don’t humor the other driver.
Hi Drew,

I do not condon street racing as it is not a controlled environment as is a race track. That said today my little Ranger, wifelet in the passenger seat, were at a stop light to turn left on to I 19 South. There are two turn lanes and the lanes merge into a single entrance on to the freeway. I am in the left land at the light. This Toco comes up on the right lane. I looked over and he was staring straight at the light, and I knew he was going to blow by me and merge forcing me into following behind him.... I told the wifelet to watch this. So the light changes to the turn arrow. He floors the Taco but he is on the long path. I accelerate to keep pace so we are door handle to door handle. He is hard on the poor Taco's floor. So I punch it and rocket forward. I get up to the merge speed of 65mph and look in my mirror...he is way behind me. So I signal and merge into the right freeway lane at the speed limit. Taco immediately changes to the left lane and with a head of steam tries to pass me in the right lane, so I match his speed and floor it again and then back off. He knew he was in a 2nd rate vehicle. Chalk one up for my little Ranger....knowing this taco driver had more than met its match with the Ranger.... :like: ???

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Hi Drew,

I do not condon street racing as it is not a controlled environment as is a race track. That said today my little Ranger, wifelet in the passenger seat, were at a stop light to turn left on to I 19 South. There are two turn lanes and the lanes merge into a single entrance on to the freeway. I am in the left land at the light. This Toco comes up on the right lane. I looked over and he was staring straight at the light, and I knew he was going to blow by me and merge forcing me into following behind him.... I told the wifelet to watch this. So the light changes to the turn arrow. He floors the Taco but he is on the long path. I accelerate to keep pace so we are door handle to door handle. He is hard on the poor Taco's floor. So I punch it and rocket forward. I get up to the merge speed of 65mph and look in my mirror...he is way behind me. So I signal and merge into the right freeway lane at the speed limit. Taco immediately changes to the left lane and with a head of steam tries to pass me in the right lane, so I match his speed and floor it again and then back off. He knew he was in a 2nd rate vehicle. Chalk one up for my little Ranger....knowing this taco driver had more than met its match with the Ranger.... :like: ???

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
You are an old racer at heart, and good on you for teaching the Taco some respect.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
A friend came by with his new Taco today, v6. Said it was the second fastest vehicle he’s ever owned. I was reminded of this thread but kept my mouth shut.
My neighbor's son just bought a brand new Taco - I don't have the heart to tell him he bought the wrong truck. His dad is a die hard Chevy guy, so probably didn't even think about the Ranger.
Sponsored