Auto Stop/Start Override?

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Yah, I am not too sure about just pulling plugs either. My "guess" is it has to do with more than just the auto s/s. I bet you are right about battery management.

I sprung for the gizmo from Autostop Eliminator. for me the 80 bucks was a deal. my switch still works, but it stays where I put it.
Sponsored

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
Is there a way to override the Auto Stop/Start on a model without the power inverter?
Very easy. TURN UR DEFROSTER ON. THE ONE UNDER THE WINDSHIELD. IT DISABLES THE AUTONSTART AND STOP . NO NEES TO EVER HIT THE BUTTON. TRY IT IT WORKS

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
I had this feature on my 2016 F150. It was a slight pain at first, but it takes less than a second to push the button. After a while it becomes muscle memory and you don’t even think about doing it. Sort of like lifting the door handle to open the door, turning the ignition key to start the truck (or pushing the start button).

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I don't understand the hate for this feature.
Good thing they put that button there.

?

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

CollieDog

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Civil Construction Estimator
its not just your mileage...its your pollution. its being a steward for the earths longevity and survival.

its too bad kids these days are being raised with Sony and Nintendo Nanny's
they wont be ready at all to save the world from destruction when it ultimately happens.
They will be looking for the game hacks that dont exist.
i'm afraid to say, Mars wont be a viable option.
Greta tells us its too late, but i think theres still a chance

unfortunately, its obvious we are doomed at some point.
I bought a truck because I need to tow a boat, if they would make a vehicle that I can afford that does what I need a truck to do, while it sprays rainbows and atmospheric repairing pixie dust I will by one. But to think that the stupid auto/start is going to save the world you are severely delusional.

I am all for conservationism , but in the grand scheme of things a Ford Ranger that gets 20mpg vs 19.5 mpg is not the end of the world about to happen. However if it makes people feel better its a good thing. If I can remove any hassle from my day to day operations I am all for it, there is lots of small improvements that make things so easy that we all love, push button start vs pulling a key out of your pocket, touch door locks vs a button/key, power windows vs cranks, automatic AWD, I could go on. Why should I have to manual turn something on or off all the time.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Very easy. TURN UR DEFROSTER ON. THE ONE UNDER THE WINDSHIELD. IT DISABLES THE AUTONSTART AND STOP . NO NEES TO EVER HIT THE BUTTON. TRY IT IT WORKS
IT WORKS FOR A LITTLE WHILE, AS DOES TURNING ON THE AC (COMPRESSOR WORKS ON DEFROST TOO OF COURSE) BUT EVENTUALLY THE TRUCK REALIZES THINGS HAVE COOLED OFF OR DEFOGGED AND THE ASS STARTS ACTIVATING AGAIN. MINE DOES ANYWAY. ouch my voice hurts now..

JPB237

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
I bought the start stop eliminator you plug it in and it keeps it turned off all the time but if you want it on press the button and it will come on so it makes it work the opposite of how it works now

CollieDog

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Civil Construction Estimator
so are you if you dont think every little bit helps if everyone did their part.

the worlds a bigger place than your self indulgent desires
No I just think its a stupid argument. Maybe we should all just ride bicycles, I don't see you giving up your boat pictured in your profile, that is far more harmful than a truck that shuts off for for a few moments at a stop light. Just like the craze for electric cars, the stupid people don't realize that at some point we are going to have to figure out what to do with all those toxic batteries that have to be removed to recycle the vehicle.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was going to respond with just a face symbol, and just realized they don't have the "hurl" symbol on here.....
Sure they do I use it all the time. :puke:

Turbotom1052

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Screw
Occupation
Retired
riding bikes isnt feasible to most...but it would be smart to ride one to the corner store for your 6 pack instead of taking the truck? right?
its the little changes in life overall that will help the most
when you stop thinking this is an argument and instead a reality we all face, maybe your attitude will adjust itself for the better. Cuz "i dont like it" is not an argument, nor is it a discussion for the better. its flat out selfish. people get angry when you say that, but thats the reality. No one can come back and argue that their selfishness outweighs anything else on the table.
as for the boat....if you'll notice the engine, late model, its small displacement and 4 stroke....doing my part while still enjoying life. Could still be rocking that 1970's 2 stroke Evinrude it came with.
There are some that would say that your "enjoyment of life" needn't contribute to the decay of the ozone layer. I think it takes some real balls to own a truck, and a boat, and who knows what other things that are no good for the environment, and preach tree hugging to fellow members. But I shouldn't be surprised. Hypocrisy is what liberals do best!!!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Doesn't unplugging that connector have something to go with the BMS (battery management system)?

In the video, he "guessed" what it was for.
Yes it does. I’ve had mine disconnected for months now. Battery has a full charge on it all the time because of it.
Sponsored