Auto Stop/Start Override?

Opusnbill7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Yes it does. I’ve had mine disconnected for months now. Battery has a full charge on it all the time because of it.
That's good, but I wonder if that will ultimately shorten the life of the battery. You would hope that the BMS would extend the life of the battery, but who knows.

Either way, I used forscan to turn mine off. My stops are so short that I can't imagine it being of any consequence other than to the engine to restart all the time. That, and turned off the engine sound enhancement.
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
That's good, but I wonder if that will ultimately shorten the life of the battery. You would hope that the BMS would extend the life of the battery, but who knows.

Either way, I used forscan to turn mine off. My stops are so short that I can't imagine it being of any consequence other than to the engine to restart all the time. That, and turned off the engine sound enhancement.
The way I look at it is cars from before this was added always took charge from alternator without any monitoring system. My batteries where I live last 5 to 7 years using this old way of regulating. Seems the BMS acts more like a trickle charger and never tops off the charge. So I’m guessing we’re running at 85 to 90% of capacity. With all the electronics in these things I’ll take all the capacity I can get!

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
The way I look at it is cars from before this was added always took charge from alternator without any monitoring system. My batteries where I live last 5 to 7 years using this old way of regulating. Seems the BMS acts more like a trickle charger and never tops off the charge. So I’m guessing we’re running at 85 to 90% of capacity. With all the electronics in these things I’ll take all the capacity I can get!
AGM batteries are not the same as a flooded lead-acid battery. They do better when not charged to their absolute maximum capacity. This is the same reason why the average electric vehicle only keep the SoC of the traction battery between 10-90%. Battery technology has evolved and constantly flooding an AGM battery with 14+ volts is not necessary.

That same battery management system that you loathe because it's "not charging enough" is the same reason the truck would begin to shut off electronics if the battery was failing or low on charge. Which could leave you stranded with a no-start if you disable it. Ford's engineers know what they are doing.

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
I bought the auto stop eliminator in the first 3 days of ownership. Didn't want to do forscan at the time.$90 for a plug in device seemed high, but in the long run I'm glad I bought it.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/ford/products/2019-ford-ranger-autostop-eliminator
I bought and installed the auto start/stop eliminator as well because I was under the impression you could NOT deactivate this feature via Forscan, at least not in a 2019. Even if you can, doing it this way allows you to simply push the button in the console again to deactivate/reactivate without the need to change things back in forscan.

The only thing I will say is it was not as easy to install as they make if look in the video. Unless you have really small hands, it's a b*tch to get your hand under the console, and pressing the little connector release is not as easy as one might think. I had to get a tiny screwdriver and wedge it in to release that connector. My left hand was literally bloodied from scraping it on the underside of the console. Once installed it works great.

Here's the install video if anyone is interested:

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
Mine was at 60% when I tested it today. So, the BMS is preventing full charging of the battery. I recharged mine to 100%.

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
This is the best installation video that I have found for the product. You don't even need tools to install it apparently:

Turbotom1052

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Screw
Occupation
Retired
far from tree hugging here.
and definitely not a liberal...i have a brain cell or two still active.
i dont know why politics becomes a talking point when the environment is in question. there isnt a left or a right answer to the dilemma we all face.

FYI, the ozone hole is doing much better now....not because of some miracle either, because positive changes have been made, sometimes small changes.

https://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/
The "dilemma we all face" is a dilemma thats been created by the left so that they can rally the troops. The United States participation in trying to resolve this "dilemma" is nothing more than a spit in the ocean compared to the effect countries like China are having on the environment. If you are so concerned about our environment then why are you still getting around with internal combustion engines? I would think that if you really were concerned about the environment, then you should be either driving a Prius, or perhaps even riding a bicycle. Ill say it again.... the hypocrisy of liberals have all the rules applying to everyone else, never themselves!!!

Turbotom1052

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Screw
Occupation
Retired
because i dont have much choice.
thankfully people can make those choices to tip the scales the other direction where I can not.

sure, i'd love to get china and india on board, but i'm in no position to do that either.
thats way out of my pay grade.
but i can urge my fellow friends (likely not including you) to think about their choices and act accordingly to at least move in the right direction even slightly if thats all that can happen. perhaps China, India et al, will come to their senses before its too late.
it doesnt mean that i should help drill holes in the sinking ship, would be much more beneficial to help try and plug them.
but you do you. your ship is sinking and i'm trying to keep it floating...thats not hypocritical. you're just an idiot
i hope science comes up with a better solution before the human race wipes itself out
My ship is doing just fine when I steer it in a direction that avoids running it into the rocks. The rocks can be literal rocks, or it can be the rocks that are created by a bunch of morons who think that they know what's best for everyone. For your information.... this planet that your so hell bent on saving, has managed to survive multiple ice ages, uncountable natural disasters, and everything else that nature has thrown at it for millions of years. When the last remnants of the human race no longer inhabit this planet, the earth will shake off all traces of our existence like a dog shakes of a bunch of fleas. The earth will then re invent itself, as it has numerous times over it long history, and look back at humankind as nothing more that a minor nuisance.
The real question that needs to be addressed here is the one you have avoided answering. If your so hell bent on hugging trees, and virtue signaling, then why would you not ditch the Ford Ranger, the boat, and any of your other non green possessions, and actually practice what your preaching??? This is very much like the hollywood elite, and green new deal people, that scold all of us regular people about not doing our part, and then jump on their private jets to move on to their next political SCAM. Does the name John Kerry ring a bell???

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
The "dilemma we all face" is a dilemma thats been created by the left so that they can rally the troops. The United States participation in trying to resolve this "dilemma" is nothing more than a spit in the ocean compared to the effect countries like China are having on the environment. If you are so concerned about our environment then why are you still getting around with internal combustion engines? I would think that if you really were concerned about the environment, then you should be either driving a Prius, or perhaps even riding a bicycle. Ill say it again.... the hypocrisy of liberals have all the rules applying to everyone else, never themselves!!!
As far back as the 80's it's been known climate change, or global warming, was a man-made issue. It wasn't a left or right thing back then. Then it became politicized. Typical, really. China is actually doing a lot with carbon capture. They do suck with other environmental issues, but it takes time.

I drive a truck, and I have a hot tub, and I use electricity. Does that make me a hypocrite because I believe we can do a better job with the environment? In some peoples view, sure. In my view, it doesn't.

Should the US not do more because other countries don't do more?

Peace, out.

Last edited:

Turbotom1052

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Screw
Occupation
Retired
your response is exactly what i expected from you and proves my point.
I'll answer your question to satisfy your needs, I dont hug trees. I dont virtue signal, and am not preaching. you need to stop throwing out the labels until you understand them.
will i ditch my non green possessions....one day....but right now technology nor science has given me many alternatives to choose from. My career is based on natural resources. My career destroys this earth. But I dont have an option in changing that. therefore I change what I can. That seems to be a process you are stuck and and cant comprehend.
yes the electric 150 interests me, one day i hope to own one. does that satisfy you? does that prove to you I am serious, and not some hypocrite? (probably not, you dont have your eyes open to the realities we face ahead)
The planet you think is invincible, is not. you yourself just said "when the human race no longer inhabits this planet". So take a long hard look at what you can do to make sure that doesnt happen....and next time....start your rant off with "Our" ......when you start with "MY" it shows how self centered and selfish you clearly are.
Serious would be actually owning one and not just talking about SOMEDAY buying one. Ive encountered quite a few "serious" people when it comes to doing their part, and they dont act anything like you. The seriously green people would never consider a job that "destroys the earth." They would make due with the green offerings that are currently available. Then there are the ones that just talk about it, and try to shame others into that lifestyle, but really dont live what they preach. From what ive seen so far, you seem to be one of them. Think John Kerry and you just might be seeing yourself in the mirror. Then there are the people like me... the deniers as you might call them. Talk about labels!!! Some people sip the kool aid. Some people guzzle it down. I think Kool Aid sucks and want no part of it.

Last edited: