Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
wait what?
back up the turnip truck here fellas....

is this even allowed?
I thought all BMW bikers checked your odometer any time they met you to see if you had the requisite experience to be "one of the group"

trailering would mean low miles and banishment from the club.
??
That’sa good one there Ranger!!
After I retired at age 64, I began riding, after a lifetime of sailing. Went every place in US I desired, including Canada.
Three bikes for a total of three hundred sixty-five thousand miles, including 107 thousand trouble free miles on all three; only one flat tire.
So, at 78 y old, and because “Mama” it’s my case about riding so far on the bike, I succumbed, at least to three weeks in Fla and Bike Week.
if I can post a picture of my 2017 rig, U will.
my Ford dealer service folks charged me 703$ for a brake controller and installation. Must have been hard as it took a day!!

90AB7B37-B9C6-4421-B100-70D610648E48.jpeg

A48DD772-F9FA-4BDD-8EC8-1210AA20DA8C.jpeg

13998768-2C39-4248-BACC-67CA84E2F01A.jpeg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
??
That’sa good one there Ranger!!
After I retired at age 64, I began riding, after a lifetime of sailing. Went every place in US I desired, including Canada.
Three bikes for a total of three hundred sixty-five thousand miles, including 107 thousand trouble free miles on all three; only one flat tire.
So, at 78 y old, and because “Mama” it’s my case about riding so far on the bike, I succumbed, at least to three weeks in Fla and Bike Week.
if I can post a picture of my 2017 rig, U will.
my Ford dealer service folks charged me 703$ for a brake controller and installation. Must have been hard as it took a day!!

90AB7B37-B9C6-4421-B100-70D610648E48.jpeg

A48DD772-F9FA-4BDD-8EC8-1210AA20DA8C.jpeg

13998768-2C39-4248-BACC-67CA84E2F01A.jpeg

Um...I would recommend a drop hitch...trailer angle is way too much...JMO.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 7x14 cargo trailer I towed with my 2013 Ram. I ordered it with a 6'6" inside height and that thing pulled a LOT of air. I bought, painted and installed some Air Tabs on it. Not sure about the mileage savings, but it was much easier to tow.....my Ram would constantly be searching for the right gear, but after installing them, it did it a LOT less. It also seemed to pull better/straighter. I plan on moving south in the near future and will buy another for getting out of town during hurricanes and the such and I will be adding Air Tabs to it.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
I’m considering purchasing a “Covered Wagon Brand” enclosed trailer to haul my BMW GSA motorcycle to Bike Week; rallies, etc. Age has sneaked up on me at 78.
MC too long for trick bed. Scourge myself for not keeping my perfect, full size pickup.
I’d really like a 14’ trailer, but will settle for a 12’. Any recommended brands?

What are your towing experiences? I know that according to the owner’s manual, no problem. But, gas mileage; motor strain, ability to see behind with stick mirrors? Other info?
Thanks!!!
I have a friend that has this for sale in CO, it's built out really nicely and not just a simple cargo trailer.

Trailer Curb Side.jpg
Trailer Bikes.jpg
Trailer Back Bikes.jpg
Shower.jpg
Kitchen.jpg

It has:

Trailer Features
Cargo Mate 7’x14’x7’ enclosed cargo trailer. Steel frame and structure and aluminum wall skin and single sheet aluminum roof.

• Tandem 3500 lbs axels
  • Four new tires ST225/75R/15 TRAVEL STR HF288 10 ply. 07/15/2020
  • Axels have been flipped to raise the tongue and frame clearance 6 inches. Axels and coupler were laser aligned when flipped. Wet bolt system also installed. ($1300)
  • Four wheel electric drum brakes and 2-5/16” coupler
  • Walls and ceiling are insulated with 1” foil covered foam insulation, 3/8” plywood and covered with white 1/8” hardboard.
  • Ceiling vent with fan and one side window
  • Drop down tail gate has 12” wide Grip-tape for traction for loading and off-loading motorcycles
  • Trailer electrical independent of tow vehicle

• Water proof electric box on trailer tongue
  • Three dual plug 120 VAC outlets conveniently positioned inside, 20 amp breaker in electric box.
  • Camp Chef two burner propane stove and oven
  • Marey Instant on propane hot water heater
  • 36” neo-angle shower, someone 6’5” could shower in this
  • 20 gallons fresh water and 25 gallons grey water
  • Sure-flo water pump
  • Ikea Four drawer 36” kitchen cabinet with 15”x6” round sink
  • Ikea storage shelves
  • 12 feet of Wire rack shelving
  • 6 feet of L-Track system installed in three locations on the floor for L-Track tie downs for motorcycles
  • Will carry two full-size adventure bikes with panniers side by side
  • Will include Blue Ox SwayPro® Weight Distributing Hitch ($600)
What is in the electric box

• Two 100 ah deep cycle batteries
  • Magnum 1000 watt pure sine power inverter
  • Progressive Dynamics Charger/Converter. Used to charge house batteries when plugged in to shore power
  • Progressive Dynamics auto switching unit. This automatically switches between 12 volt DC system and 120 volt AC system when plugged in to shore power.
  • Blue Sea 12 VDC fuse box with 12 fuse slots
  • 20 amp shore power plug SAE 12 VDC external output plug (Used for 12V air pumps, water transfer pumps, etc.)
Not Included
Tool chest, Tie Downs, Blue Boy, wheel chocks and propane tanks

"I bought this trailer new, I had it ordered with 7’ ceiling. This is not just a cargo trailer, it has been built out to support full-time motorcycle travel. It holds two full size adventure motorcycles, is fully insulated, has a full kitchen, instant on propane hot water, a shower, sink and counter. There is an electric box on the tongue that has two 100 ah batteries, a power inverter, battery charger and shore power auto switch. Solar can be easily added. "

He wants 9700.. seems like a good deal given this setup. Let me know and I'll give you his contact info.

uzainvenom

First Name
Uzain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator jeep
Occupation
Engineer
I know of a brand that can offer you the highest quality trailers at the lowest price. They have a direct connection with some of the top trailer manufacturers in the country and due to their very low overhead. they'll help you get exactly the trailer that you want at a great price. Check them out here https://trailers123.com/

OP
OP
Kemo Sabe

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I had a 7x14 cargo trailer I towed with my 2013 Ram. I ordered it with a 6'6" inside height and that thing pulled a LOT of air. I bought, painted and installed some Air Tabs on it. Not sure about the mileage savings, but it was much easier to tow.....my Ram would constantly be searching for the right gear, but after installing them, it did it a LOT less. It also seemed to pull better/straighter. I plan on moving south in the near future and will buy another for getting out of town during hurricanes and the such and I will be adding Air Tabs to it.
A 7 x 14, tandem with brakes of what I bought. The Ranger has o problems towing it, but I’ve yet to tie up in The Blue Ridge Mountains-Parkway, too far up the road.
Got 12 MPG overall on my Florida trip, including some truck solo time.

OP
OP
Kemo Sabe

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Um...I would recommend a drop hitch...trailer angle is way too much...JMO.
Yes, Phil!
Agreed. Wasn’t happy with the look either. Consequently, I purchased a 4” drop hitch, to replace the 2” drop. Tows better and sure looks better. I believe a 5” would be perfect, but whats’s an inch? Right?
Kemo Sabe
Sponsored