Anyone with a Spartan enclosed trailer?

swa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I can't get a straight answer from the dealer on this trailer (Again, spartan 7x14 w/ double axle) on the receiver height so I'm trying to figure out what to order as far as a drop goes. I have a 2020 lariat FX4; anyone have any idea on what type of size drop I need? I've done some googling and came up with a 6" drop but pulling out the tape measure that still seems like it could be a bit high.

I'd assume the spartan would be mostly similar to most other brands as far as the receiver height goes.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I plan on getting one of the adjustable ones like my buddy has and it's always the right height. They are kinda pricy, but it's the last one you'll need to buy.

OP
OP

swa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I've seen those but for me I just don't feel like the expense of one of those is worth it when i'll only be hauling one trailer 99.99% of the time.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Adjustable ones are also helpful if the load in the trailer and bed varies. One notch on the adjustable hitch corrects the load increase or decrease. I've had this same hitch since 2002 and has been on several Dodge Ram 2500 trucks, F-350s and now the Ranger. Money well spent and never goes out of style. Another plus is you can pull the pin removing just the ball section and it fits in a standard garage.
1616163367087.png

1616163390689.png

OP
OP

swa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
That's fair, but there's still a question on how deep of a mount I would need. I see 6" ones, 8" ones.

Edit: One of the options on amazon actually had a picture that charted the drop needed for the height of the truck. Looks like that specific one recommends 6" drop; but it seems like 6" would still be kinda high up. No idea though.
Sponsored

Last edited: