Anyone else have problem with Wildpeaks?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Watching this thread as I'm eyeballing some WildPeaks for the wife's grocery getter.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I worn out a full set of WP (50K), zero problems...they're great tires and the price was very affordable...

sklnbnz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
10000 miles on my Wildpeak AT3W. We run at about 37lbs on road and down to 20 off road. Zero issues with these tires. They have performed great.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
I've had my Wildpeaks for almost 12,000 miles now. No problems at all. They've been great. And so far, they seem to be wearing pretty well. I'll be rotating every time I get an oil change every 5k just to make sure I get as much life out of them as possible.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I have this same issue as you but comes and goes. Seems to be temp related and hi speeds.
I run 31psi cold which warms up to about 35psi hot.
On a trip back from Florida this spring, my Garman on the dash was bouncing like a SOB. Not the wheel tho. This was as soon as I hit 80+
Then a recent trip up north where speeds were less intense it rode fantastic. So I chalked it up to a variable of conditions and let it go.
I really like these AT3w's.

A bit of advice when you try a rotation. Torque the lug nuts with a torque wrench and if you can, spin the tire and check for runout.

ND13

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercrew
Occupation
Sales
It can take only one tire to produce your issue. Have you had them checked for knots or broken belts? Even the best manufacturer can have a bad tire slip through quality control.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Stupid question that may have been covered already, but are your wheels properly seated on the hub? I had a bad vibration in an old car of mine after having some work done on it and found one of the wheels was just a touch loose.

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
When a radial tire throws a belt it creates a vibration at speed. Run your hand along the sidewalls and if you feel a bulge anywhere you’ve tossed a belt in that tire. Toss it.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Wildpeak AT3w?

One of the Youtubers I follow had an issue with Wildpeaks, guess he found others who tipped him to it. His issue was a vibration during braking. He checked everything. Rotated the tires and it went away.

To me I would have tried a warranty replacement but he was happy after that. Considering he said he heard others have issues, as popular as the wildpeaks are, I avoid them.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Thanks all for the replies/suggestions.

Well it wasn't the tires. I replaced all 4 with brand new Goodyear Ultra Terrains and the vibration is still there.

Like I said before, when the truck was stock, it was pretty darn near vibration free. So it's not liking something I did. I had a gallon of water this morning in my passenger seat and on the highway I could see it shaking. The steering wheel is pretty damn smooth, so I am thinking it's coming from the center or rear of vehicle.

Mods: eibach struts set to 3" on stock springs, 17" Ford Sport rims, and 265/70/17 tires.

Back to the drawing board.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks all for the replies/suggestions.

Well it wasn't the tires. I replaced all 4 with brand new Goodyear Ultra Terrains and the vibration is still there.

Like I said before, when the truck was stock, it was pretty darn near vibration free. So it's not liking something I did. I had a gallon of water this morning in my passenger seat and on the highway I could see it shaking. The steering wheel is pretty damn smooth, so I am thinking it's coming from the center or rear of vehicle.

Mods: eibach struts set to 3" on stock springs, 17" Ford Sport rims, and 265/70/17 tires.

Back to the drawing board.
Sorry to hear the tire switch didn't help. Good luck in tackling this one!

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
i would look at your 3" level at this point.
did you do it yourself or have someone else do it?
Did it myself, but recently had my dad who's been a mechanic for 35+ years take a look at it and he retorque everything. He said everything looks fine. I am not getting any noise, stiffness, or vibration from the front. It all seems to originate from the middle and rear. Alignment was done at a well known shop here as well. They've been doing alignments for 40 years, so I don't think it's that.

Do you think lifting the front could have thrown something off?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Did it myself, but recently had my dad who's been a mechanic for 35+ years take a look at it and he retorque everything. He said everything looks fine. I am not getting any noise, stiffness, or vibration from the front. It all seems to originate from the middle and rear. Alignment was done at a well known shop here as well. They've been doing alignments for 40 years, so I don't think it's that.

Do you think lifting the front could have thrown something off?
Have you looked through this thread?

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/driveshaft-phasing.7614/

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I will read through it. Thank you.

I did actually think about taking it to a driveline shop here in Vegas. There's a well respected shop here in Vegas that's known for quality work. Wouldn't hurt getting their opinion. The only reason I didn't think too much on this before, is because when the truck was stock the vibration was almost non-existent. I do have the vibration that almost every ranger has though when taking off from a dead stop though, even when it was stock.
Sponsored