Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jason,
I'm looking to purchase the 3/6 drop kit from Belltech, just curious on the fitment for your wheels, did the -24 offset pop out too much before putting the fender flares? if I don't do fender flares should I go with less of an offset? -- Beautiful truck and a much inspiration to my future build.
Yes, the -24mm offset stuck out 3.1" without the flares installed... The flares cover about 2" I have an inch or less sticking out with the flares installed. With my kit, using the 6" drop in the rear would make it look like it was squatting, which I cannot stand! Right now, I have the rear sat at the 4" drop hole, but I'm thinking about changing it to the 5" drop hole. I like how it sits level, over the normal raked look.

If you use the same wheels & tires I've used, you'll have to remove both the front & rear crash bars.

Thanks for the compliment! My build thread shows everything I've done to it. I've got a small fortune in it!
Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Cool, I'll try that tomorrow! Thanks! I have them set at the "performance" setting, instead of the initial "comfort" setting.
I have another new set of kings shocks here that were sent by mistake… see how your adjustment works..if not I’ll give you the nomenclature on this set…I’ll send these to you if you need them..

Jwells96

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd
Occupation
Sales
Yes, the -24mm offset stuck out 3.1" without the flares installed... The flares cover about 2" I have an inch or less sticking out with the flares installed. With my kit, using the 6" drop in the rear would make it look like it was squatting, which I cannot stand! Right now, I have the rear sat at the 4" drop hole, but I'm thinking about changing it to the 5" drop hole. I like how it sits level, over the normal raked look.

If you use the same wheels & tires I've used, you'll have to remove both the front & rear crash bars.

Thanks for the compliment! My build thread shows everything I've done to it. I've got a small fortune in it!
What type of wheel offset would you recommend without going for a fender flare look? I would want a more flush look, maybe a -12 or -18?

I wonder how the 3/6 would look (I want a level look as well), what was the reason for needing to remove both rear and front crash bars with that size of wheel and tire set up.

Reactions: Doc

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
What type of wheel offset would you recommend without going for a fender flare look? I would want a more flush look, maybe a -12 or -18?

I wonder how the 3/6 would look (I want a level look as well), what was the reason for needing to remove both rear and front crash bars with that size of wheel and tire set up.
When I was communicating with Method Racing, they tried to get me to buy, I believe -18mm wheels, but that's only about a 1/4" narrower than my -24mm ones. They said anything they had that was narrower than -12mm, would touch the caliper... -12mm would probably be better, if you didn't want to run flares? I think I still have all my emails from them, saved somewhere, so I can look, if needed?

As for crash bar removal...., I bought and installed the expensive ReadyLift High-Clearance Anti-Intrusion Beams and the when turning the wheels, the front tires would catch them about halfway through a full lock turn... The backs almost touched, but I didn't want to chance it, so I took them off too....

I think a 3/5 drop should/would look level? It's weird, the 2019-2020 Rangers on here look like their Belltech 2" front drop, lowers it more than my coilover drop kit lets me do?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I have another new set of kings shocks here that were sent by mistake… see how your adjustment works..if not I’ll give you the nomenclature on this set…I’ll send these to you if you need them..
Sorry they are rear shocks, I tried anyway…:)

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry they are rear shocks, I tried anyway…:)
No prob. I adjusted the fronts to full compression, this morning, before leaving for work. I didn't get to hit that dip at normal 45-50mph speed, but even at low speed, it didn't make any noise, not even a rattle!

It still rode about the same, but I'm not too worried about ride quality, that's something you deal with on a lowered vehicle :)

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jason,
I'm looking to purchase the 3/6 drop kit from Belltech, just curious on the fitment for your wheels, did the -24 offset pop out too much before putting the fender flares? if I don't do fender flares should I go with less of an offset? -- Beautiful truck and a much inspiration to my future build.
Jared,

I took a couple of pics of my flares/tires this afternoon. My wheels are turned slightly to the left, but maybe you can tell from the rear pic or the full angle pic?
IMG_20220425_170000803.jpg

IMG_20220425_170015130.jpg

IMG_20220425_170041086.jpg

IMG_20220425_165936402.jpg

Jwells96

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd
Occupation
Sales
Jared,

I took a couple of pics of my flares/tires this afternoon. My wheels are turned slightly to the left, but maybe you can tell from the rear pic or the full angle pic?

Jason,
Thanks so much for these pictures.
Man looking at your truck is such and inspiration to my build, i ordered the belltech 3/6 kit today (no idea when ill get it) and will be picking up some 605s friday (found a good deal) just need to decide bronze or black. I have a magnetic gray truck, additionally need to order the fender flares to send them off to paint to get them matched. It wont be black like yours but I’m excited to share once I can finally start. I’ve been dreaming about doing this build since I bought my truck in 2019. Any advice on any steps that I will be taking will be much appreciated.

Jwells96

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd
Occupation
Sales
Jared,

I still wonder with the 3/6 drop kit if im going to be able to lessen the gap between flare and tire. I would like maybe 1 to 1.5 inches max do you know what yours currently measures?

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I still wonder with the 3/6 drop kit if im going to be able to lessen the gap between flare and tire. I would like maybe 1 to 1.5 inches max do you know what yours currently measures?
Are you talking about 1-1.5" of fender gap, like between the top of the tire and bottom of the fender opening or tire sticking out?

Jwells96

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd
Occupation
Sales
Are you talking about 1-1.5" of fender gap, like between the top of the tire and bottom of the fender opening or tire sticking out?
Im talking fender gap, from top of the tire tread to bottom of fender arch

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Im talking fender gap, from top of the tire tread to bottom of fender arch
That's not going to work... Even with the advanced coilover front drop from Control Freaks, that a few of us have, it's not possible to drop it that low and actually be able to drive it... That's coming from Al @ Freak-ride Suspension...

My front has about a 3.125"-3.25" gap and the rear has a 4.125" gap, using the 4" drop hole in the Belltech flip kit.

If you use the 5" hole on the Belltech kit, it should get me even with the front, at 3.125" gap

If you use the 6" drop shackles, it'll give you a rear gap of 2.125". That's too low in my opinion, that's why I was thinking about the 3/5 drop :)

Last edited:

Jwells96

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd
Occupation
Sales
That's not going to work... Even with the advance coilover front drop from Control Freaks, that a few of us have, it's not possible to drop it that low and actually be able to drive it... That's coming from Al @ Freakride Suspension... My front has about a 3.125"-3.25" gap and the rear has a 4.125" gap, using the 4" drop hole in the Belltech flip kit.

If you use the 5" hole on the Belltech kit, it should get me even with the front, at 3.125" gap

If you use the 6" drop shackles, it'll give you a rear gap of 2.125". That's too low in my opinion, that's why I was thinking about the 3/5 drop :)
Very interesting, well thank you so much for letting me pick your brain, like I said my lowering kit is on order and now I just get to patiently wait for backorders.

Jwells96

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd
Occupation
Sales
I lowered my 2019 Lariat roughly 6 months ago using the Belltech kit 2/5. Can't complain, definitely improved the handling in corners, and has a smoother ride, it does bottom out from time to time but Louisiana has the worst roads, now on to searching for some wheels. I ended up buying the smoked led turn signals for the mirrors, and had the taillights and third brake light tinted. Don't have any updated pictures, but will post once i get it cleaned back up.
20211028_111904.jpg
20211028_111830.jpg
Bought the same kit, have you seen Mirage776’s build, how do you feel the tire and fender Flares would work with this kit, I have an xlt with the same wheels as you buy rocking 285/60/18s currently. I dont think they would fit without modification after dropping so I was planning on doing a wheel and tire set up like Mirage776 with the fender flares.

any input you have would be appreciated.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Very interesting, well thank you so much for letting me pick your brain, like I said my lowering kit is on order and now I just get to patiently wait for back-orders.
No problem. When I spoke to Belltech a few months ago, they actually said their front drop kit would only allow it to drop 2.75"

With the expensive front drop I have, you can actually drop it down 5+", but that's only for show, it will not be drive-able at that height... I don't have the awesome rear coilover drop from Control Freaks, but it'll drop the rear 6+"

Wheel size and offset as well as tire size are going to be what makes the difference in getting it that low. I don't think the rear is an issue, but since the front wheels have to turn and all, wheel/tire choice will play a huge factor here! I was cloning the SEMA truck, so I did months of research and planning to find as much as possible on what they used!

You don't want too much "sidewall", on your wheels, when you drop it. I would look at something taller than an 18" wheel. You could do a 22" wheel and have a little more sidewall than normal, that would also fill in the fender gaps.

He's a pic of the SCT truck sitting 5.50" front and 6"+ rear, but they did inform me, that this was for the "cool factor" only.... :(
sema-2019-2019-11-20_23-28-37_149944.jpg

Bought the same kit. Have you seen Mirage775’s build? How do you feel the tire and fender flares would work with this kit? I have an XLT with the same wheels as you but rocking 285/60/18s currently. I don't think they would fit without modification, after dropping so I was planning on doing a wheel and tire set up like Mirage775 with the fender flares. Any input you have would be appreciated?
Since I've been called the grammar police by many, including my illiterate wife, I have fixed my misspelled forum name and a few other things in your paragraph :)

My puppies woke us up an hour ago, so I'm going to try to go back to sleep now...?
Sponsored