Any Truth to This Regarding Disabling Stop/Start

kendive

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor
Just found on Autoevolution that if you push the Stop/Start button 120 times you can disable the Stop/Start permanently.
Man my finger would hurt after all that. Much easier to use FORScan. While you in there do some other cool stuff too. :)
Sponsored

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
To clear this up:
Yes, this is a real programming setting:
BUT

During production as it rolls down the assembly line (testing bays) it is placed in Factory Mode

THIS IS NOT THE AUTO START / STOP BUTTON
Factory Mode Deactivation
Deactivation

NOTE:
During vehicle build, some modules, such as the IPC and BCM are set in factory mode. Factory mode reduces the drain on the battery during longer periods where the vehicle is not used. While in the factory mode, various systems may be altered or disabled, and the IPC displays FACTORY MODE CONTACT DEALER in the message center. If the vehicle is in factory mode, the system automatically reverts to Transport mode after 60 ignition cycles. If the IPC displays TRANSPORT MODE CONTACT DEALER, refer to the Transport Mode Deactivation procedure in this section.

1. Place the ignition in the OFF position.
  2. Verify the battery is fully charged.
    Refer to: Battery Charging (414-01 Battery, Mounting and Cables, General Procedures) .
  3. Without push button start, cycle the ignition from off to on 60 times.
  4. NOTE: One IKT must be in the vehicle.
    With push button start, press the Engine Start/Stop button 120 times.
  5. Refer to the Transport Mode Deactivation procedure in this section.
    Refer to: Transport Mode Deactivation (419-10 Multifunction Electronic Modules, General Procedures).
As is rolls out of production and before it is transferred to the completed and await shipping lot.

It is placed in Transport Mode:
When the Dealer completes the PDI - Pre-Delivery Inspection

It is placed in Normal Mode

Transport Mode Deactivation
Deactivation

NOTE:
After vehicle build, some vehicle modules are set in Transport mode including the IPC and the BCM. Transport mode reduces battery drain during longer periods where the vehicle is not used. While in transport mode, the IPC displays TRANSPORT MODE CONTACT DEALER in the message center. Various systems may be altered or are disabled when in the transport mode. The vehicle automatically reverts to normal operation mode after being driven 201 km (125 mi). The vehicle can be manually taken out of Transport mode using this procedure.

If the IPC displays FACTORY MODE CONTACT DEALER in the message center the vehicle is set in factory mode. The system does not automatically revert to another mode and must be manually set to either the transport or normal operation mode. Refer to the Factory Mode Deactivation procedure in this section.

WARNING: Before beginning any service procedure in this manual, refer to health and safety warnings in section 100-00 General Information. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal.

1. Place the ignition in the OFF position.
  1. Verify the battery is fully charged.
    Refer to: Battery Charging (414-01 Battery, Mounting and Cables, General Procedures) .
  2. Place the ignition in the ON position.
  3. NOTE: Steps 4 and 5 must be carried out within 10 seconds.
    Press and release the brake pedal 5 times.
  4. NOTE: The IPC message center indicates NORMAL MODE when the procedure has been successfully completed.
    Press and release the hazard switch 2 times.
  5. Start the engine.
  6. Place the ignition in the OFF position.
  7. Verify the RKE works correctly.

Some notes on these procedures:

On my Autel Scanner, I have a TAB for Factory Mode and Transport Modes
I have not tried to click on them and would not want to risk - Bricking the truck.

But this at least tells me that I have the ability to at least take it out of factory or transport mode via Scan Tool

I do not think there is a way to put it back into transport mode once it has been in Normal Mode.
even if you could I would not recommend it as it may dump software programming.
I cannot find any Ford Documents that have you place back into Transport or Factory Mode for any Troubleshooting Procedures.
The only procedures are what I posted above - To get it OUT of those modes.

I am pointing this out as I can already see the question coming.

Can we put it into Transport Mode if we are planning on storing the truck for a long period of time?

In a way, parts of Transport Mode are still active on the truck and get many complaints for it.

This is the Battery Saver - (System Off to Save Power) and the Various Door Lock's not working and or ASS not working.

All of this is a small part of the Factory and or Transport Mode functions.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I would've guessed that this would put it in replacement Auto Stop/Start switch necessary mode.

I can see where multiple presses on a button to enter a mode are needed to prevent accidental mode access, but 120 presses seems inordinately high.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
No 120v on mine.Can this also be done with the 12v acc. socket some way.
You should have a 110V receptacle and two USB B ports on the centre console, facing the rear cab area.

IMG_5877.jpeg

Last edited:

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Go ahead and let me know how that works out. Make sure it’s not 119 or 121 or it might explode.
I think I read somewhere that if you don't count one-one thousand, two-one thousand and so on while you're doing this the transmission will grenade the next time you drive the truck. Hmmm...

Last edited:

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Go ahead and let me know how that works out. Make sure it’s not 119 or 121 or it might explode.
I think I read somewhere that if you don't count one-one thousand, two-one thousand and so on the transmission will self-destruct the next time you drive the truck. Hmmm...

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
I think I read somewhere that if you don't count one-one thousand, two-one thousand and so on while you're doing this the transmission will grenade the next time you drive the truck. Hmmm...
That’s probably what happened to me a couple weeks ago..

IMG_3262.jpeg