First Name
Cammeron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2020
Occupation
Engineering Technician
So I've had my ranger about a month, I knew when I bought it that the OEM Hankook Dynapros were on their way out. (~40k miles and tread is pretty thin at the edges). I was going to pick up some Falken Wildpeaks (265 60 R18) @$265 a piece but found the Falken Rubitreks (265 60 R18 as well) @185 a piece.
I'm currently awaiting delivery and then I'll install them.

That said I can't find any opinions on these tires that aren't canned website articles that don't seem to be based on real usage but rather assumed performance based on specs/marketing. Example: https://comparethetire.com/falken-wildpeak-at3w-vs-falken-rubitrek-at/

From everything I can gather they're very similar to the Wildpeaks. With a few differences the main one being the gap between the blocks is smaller, meaning more contact when on flat solid terrain (roads) but less ability to dig in on loose ground (mud/dirt). However the differences are supposedly negligible.
My last truck had KO2's and while they were great for traction they really hurt fuel economy, had tons of noise, and had heavy vibration past 60mph. Hoping these fair better.

That said, anyone have any opinions on these tires? I'm curious about both on road and off road (nothing crazy mostly service trails and such), also interested in Road Noise, and Fuel Economy.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Following!
Interested in this. Going to need to replace tires next year and was looking at the AT3s. My driving is basically all paved roads so the Rubitreks may be the better choice. Wonder what they will put on them for treadware life? Waitng to hear real world impressions

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
Following!
Interested in this. Going to need to replace tires next year and was looking at the AT3s. My driving is basically all paved roads so the Rubitreks may be the better choice. Wonder what they will put on them for treadware life? Waitng to hear real world impressions
Screenshot_20221007-062734.jpg

From their website.

Frank

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
The article really covered it all and I can see this as a great tire for those who are mostly logging highway miles with the occasional “off-road” excursion on dirt or gravel roads, like you mentioned. They have the aggressive sidewall pattern that folks seem to like (me included) but are likely a lot quieter on the road. These might be just right for the Portland area and that’s a great price.

They certainly wouldn’t make the cut with guys like @Colo_Ranger , @AzScorpion , or @Blmpkn but your post doesn’t make it seem like you’ll be wheeling in the places those guys find themselves.

Let us know your impressions after you’ve had them on for a while Cammeron.

Last edited:

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
The article really covered it all and I can see this as a great tire for those who are mostly logging highway miles with the occasional “off-road” excursion on dirt or gravel roads, like you mentioned. They have the aggressive sidewall pattern that folks seem to like (me included) but are likely a lot quieter on the road. These might be just right for the Portland area and that’s a great price.

They certainly wouldn’t make the cut with guys like @Colo_Ranger , @AzScorpion , or @Blmpkn but your post doesn’t make it seem like you’ll be wheeling in the places those guys find themselves.

Let us know your impressions after you’ve had them on for a while Cammeron.
They don't look too much different from the Toyo ATIIIs. I don't have any real world experience with them, but they look like they would be good for most situations.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I was looking the other day at these. Wally World has them on sale for $185 in 265/60/r18.

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
So I've had my ranger about a month, I knew when I bought it that the OEM Hankook Dynapros were on their way out. (~40k miles and tread is pretty thin at the edges). I was going to pick up some Falken Wildpeaks (265 60 R18) @$265 a piece but found the Falken Rubitreks (265 60 R18 as well) @185 a piece.
I'm currently awaiting delivery and then I'll install them.

That said I can't find any opinions on these tires that aren't canned website articles that don't seem to be based on real usage but rather assumed performance based on specs/marketing. Example: https://comparethetire.com/falken-wildpeak-at3w-vs-falken-rubitrek-at/

From everything I can gather they're very similar to the Wildpeaks. With a few differences the main one being the gap between the blocks is smaller, meaning more contact when on flat solid terrain (roads) but less ability to dig in on loose ground (mud/dirt). However the differences are supposedly negligible.
My last truck had KO2's and while they were great for traction they really hurt fuel economy, had tons of noise, and had heavy vibration past 60mph. Hoping these fair better.

That said, anyone have any opinions on these tires? I'm curious about both on road and off road (nothing crazy mostly service trails and such), also interested in Road Noise, and Fuel Economy.
There was one on display in the lobby when I was getting new tires on my wife's car the other day. The tread voids were pretty big and looked like a fairly aggressive pattern that wouldn't suffer any traction loss off road - not a mud tire though. Solid depth and lots of siping as well, but I'm pretty sure it's a heavy tire so you'll lose some fuel mileage there.

Lools pretty good overall and definitely worth considering if the price is right. The wildpeaks are expensive af.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Taking a quick look the Rubitrck does look close to the Wildpeak. If anything I'm curious on Durability. With that said you can go to 265/65-18 without having to lift or level if interested. Not sure what is avalible right off but worth a look if anything.
Sponsored