Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I don't need to re read.

You said that Toyotas weren't bland and boring to drive.

Yet you can't name one Toyota that is fun or enjoyable to drive.

I'm not going to list every single Toyota model and the 3-4 competitors that are a more enjoyable drivers vehicle.

If you can't back your assertion we're done here.
There are several yotas that could be fun if you know how to have fun. Several late model TRD car versions, Lexus ISF (hell even my wife’s IS250 is a fun car), Lexus GSs, MR2 Spiders, Toyota Soarers, Celicas, etc etc. Are they all the very top of their classes? Nope.

But yea if you are the type that must be catered to constantly and everything has to be perfect, so you can look like the top dog all the time, then yea they are all very bland..
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
There are several yotas that could be fun if you know how to have fun. Several late model TRD car versions, Lexus ISF (hell even my wife’s IS250 is a fun car), Lexus GSs, MR2 Spiders, Toyota Soarers, Celicas, etc etc. Are they all the very top of their classes? Nope.

But yea if you are the type that must be catered to constantly and everything has to be perfect, so you can look like the top dog all the time, then yea they are all very bland..
ok, if you’re going back that far I had a Celica that I owned for 9 years. 5 speed manual 4 banger that we hopped up and it ripped. That most definitely was a fun car to drive. Then from that point 90’s ish they got Americanized and went for profits. They weren’t fun anymore and styling went out the window with it. Then I graduated to a 3000GT VR4. Got one of the first 500 in the country. Back in the fun seat again! Once I started to have a family wife says this is not a family car and we need to be practical. That’s when the Mercury Villager and the Ranger pickup came onto the scene. That was mid to late 90’s. Haven’t bothered with Toyota ‘s since. Just not my cup of tea I suppose. Probably never will be again ether.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman

We're in the US.

Toyotas are Toyotas, and Lexus is Lexus. This is not Japan, we don't get Soarers, the Celica and Spyder are no longer sold here.

Toyota used to make fun cars. Now they don't.

Even in the Lexus line. The IS has become bloated over it's run and the FSports are nothing more than more powerful boats.

You obviously believe them to be fun cars. That's fine. As they say, ignorance is bliss.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
ok, if you’re going back that far I had a Celica that I owned for 9 years. 5 speed manual 4 banger that we hopped up and it ripped. That most definitely was a fun car to drive. Then from that point 90’s ish they got Americanized and went for profits. They weren’t fun anymore and styling went out the window with it. Then I graduated to a 3000GT VR4. Got one of the first 500 in the country. Back in the fun seat again! Once I started to have a family wife says this is not a family car and we need to be practical. That’s when the Mercury Villager and the Ranger pickup came onto the scene. That was mid to late 90’s. Haven’t bothered with Toyota ‘s since. Just not my cup of tea I suppose. Probably never will be again ether.
Exactly.

They've lost their edge.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
We're in the US.

Toyotas are Toyotas, and Lexus is Lexus. This is not Japan, we don't get Soarers, the Celica and Spyder are no longer sold here.

Toyota used to make fun cars. Now they don't.

Even in the Lexus line. The IS has become bloated over it's run and the FSports are nothing more than more powerful boats.

The current gen IS is actually smaller than the first one but anyway.

You obviously believe them to be fun cars. That's fine. As they say, ignorance is bliss.
Ok fine D, you know best.

There is only one thing more annoying than a complete fanboy, and that’s a complete anti-fanboy.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Ok fine D, you know best.

There is only one thing more annoying than a complete fanboy, and that’s a complete anti-fanboy.
Nice try hiding this gem of a claim in the body of my quoted text.

The current gen IS is actually smaller than the first one but anyway
1999 Lexus IS 2987 lbs

2021 Lexus IS 3880 lbs

:rolleyes:

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nice try hiding this gem of a claim in the body of my quoted text.

1999 Lexus IS 2987 lbs

2021 Lexus IS 3880 lbs

:rolleyes:
Not trying to hide anything lol, just added it at the end and didn’t realize the curser was within your quote. It was a gem wasn’t it! ?
I forgot about that first generation IS completely. I was comparing the pre 2014 to the 2015. The 2015 shrank in size but not much in weight granted. It’s a great car.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I loved the 77 Celica GT, reminded me of a 69-70 mustang fastback
Sponsored