First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
Many of these pics are posted from my collectuon of older Ford trucks.
Okay, that's awesome! We need back story for these pics. Please elaborate.

I own two classic Ford trucks. A 1966 F100 LB with a three speed and a 360 FE. This truck is patina and has some period correct upgrades.

The other is a 1995 F150 Centurion Crew Cab Conversion. It's a very rare truck because there wasn't a factory four door F150 in this body style, only F250 and F350. Centurion was a conversion company that stretched 150 frames to accommodate the larger four door cabs. This truck only has 112000 original miles, 351W and 4wd, and has been partially restored with new paint.

I will try to find some photos of my trucks when I get a chance. Right now the 95 is dirty and has a load of material in the bed. The 66 hasn't been moved in 18 months waiting for me to replace some seals in the rear diff. Neither truck is show quality but they are both quiet nice and get compliments.
Sponsored

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
Phil, I would love to sit down and have a drink with you. I am a dyed in the wool Ford man, and I'm especially interested in their stuff from the 60's and 90's. I am looking to build my Ranger in a Sport truck style kinda like a classic Lightning. Must have been really cool to be involved in the development of that first generation Lightning. Anxious to hear your thoughts on the upcoming Belltech lowering kit for our Rangers.
Interesting sidenote, I had a guy offer to trade me straight up, my 95 Centurion for his 94 Lightning. I was tempted but couldn't give up the utility of four doors and 4wd for the Lightning. Three kids and Snowy weather bring the F150 out of the garage quiet often!

Reactions: Doc

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
I was going to say the same thing! I never liked the Ranchero or El Camino. Kinda why I don't care for the Maverick. Pick a lane, car or truck! :wink:

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
First truck, first vehicle, first Ford. Horrible gas mileage, couldn’t afford it in college, so I sold it. Selling this was the biggest mistake I ever made. Also, what I consider the original Ranger. Column shifting, 390…

04CDEB77-CAED-434A-9E17-3752C3C300C1.png

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
First truck, first vehicle, first Ford. Horrible gas mileage, couldn’t afford it in college, so I sold it. Selling this was the biggest mistake I ever made. Also, what I consider the original Ranger. Column shifting, 390…

04CDEB77-CAED-434A-9E17-3752C3C300C1.png
I really like this. 69 or 70?

Reactions: Doc

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My previous '11 XLT out for a little jog with his Grandpa. 1929 Ford Huckster.

Old and new.jpg
Darn Jim I now you said you were old but I didn't think you were this old? To still have your first truck in such great shape is amazing! :giggle:

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
I really like this. 69 or 70?
68... got it from a friend of my grandfather. I ripped a mirror off, did in the front bumper racing my cousin in a dirt road. Stupid stuff. It was repainted some time prior to me getting it, and dad had the fuel tank relocated. I wish we had cell phone cameras then, but hardly have any pictures of it. it did not have the original motor, but a 390 from a galaxie. My Grandfather loved column shift vehicles, as all his Ford vans had them.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
68... got it from a friend of my grandfather. I ripped a mirror off, did in the front bumper racing my cousin in a dirt road. Stupid stuff. It was repainted some time prior to me getting it, and dad had the fuel tank relocated. I wish we had cell phone cameras then, but hardly have any pictures of it. it did not have the original motor, but a 390 from a galaxie. My Grandfather loved column shift vehicles, as all his Ford vans had them.
Love the red and the short bed and the chromed steelies! What a gem! I bet you miss that truck!

My 66 had a tired 352 originally. I swapped it for a low mileage 360. Kept the 352 heads, installed a cast iron 4 barrel intake from a 390 GT, Pertronix ignition, and headers. Runs pretty good with the original three speed toploader behind it. I would like to replace the rotating assembly with 390 stuff. Someday...

sandog

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab Hot Pepper
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This old guy came to my yard sale yesterday in style ! Note the two auxilary cooling fans mounted outside the radiator. Makes sense for Arizona summertime driving.

1929 Model A
20220827_102643.jpg
Sponsored