And I Thought The Chevrolet Trucks Had An Ugly Front End

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
If that lower bumper area under the grill was white I think it would look pretty decent. The black section under that makes it look like one giant grill. Honestly though this is much nicer looking than Chevy lol.

And for those hating on big grills... brace yourself for the 2022 ranger if they end up changing it this year. All trucks are getting these monster ugly grills now. It’s a trend.
Sponsored

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
People don't bitch about Toyota's bland styling. They bitch about their bland driving. Styling doesn't do anything to make a vehicle fun to drive.
I Feel like you (and others that say this) are just spewing back out what you’ve heard on the interweb that “Toyota’s are boring,”. Explain what exactly what you mean by this? Haven’t you heard how fun it is to “drive a slow car fast” etc. I mean really, Toyota has similarly powered 4s 6s and 8s, for the most part, as any other manufacturer. Fun is where you find it. If you are sitting at home bored, get off your ass and go find some fun to have. To me “Toyotas are bland” or whatever is just typical Internet bullshit. Any car can be exciting. Are Toyota owners bland?..well that might be another discussion..

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I Feel like you (and others that say this) are just spewing back out what you’ve heard on the interweb that “Toyota’s are boring,”. Explain what exactly what you mean by this? Haven’t you heard how fun it is to “drive a slow car fast” etc. I mean really, Toyota has similarly powered 4s 6s and 8s, for the most part, as any other manufacturer. Fun is where you find it. If you are sitting at home bored, get off your ass and go find some fun to have. To me “Toyotas are bland” or whatever is just typical Internet bullshit. Any car can be exciting. Are Toyota owners bland?..well that might be another discussion..
:LOL:

You must not of checked out my profile.

I also drive a FiST. I know very well the joys of driving a slow car fast. But to enjoy the that there are prerequisites. A good gearbox, and confidence inspiring handling are 2 key ones.

Toyota has 2 vehicles in it's line-up that might be considered fun to drive. The Supra, which is half BMW, and the 86, which is a Subaru.

This opinion does not come from reading the internet. I've driven plenty of Toyotas, from the 80's to current models. They've lost their ability to make fun cars, and have become an appliance manufacturer.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
:LOL:

You must not of checked out my profile.

I also drive a FiST. I know very well the joys of driving a slow car fast. But to enjoy the that there are prerequisites. A good gearbox, and confidence inspiring handling are 2 key ones.

Toyota has 2 vehicles in it's line-up that might be considered fun to drive. The Supra, which is half BMW, and the 86, which is a Subaru.

This opinion does not come from reading the internet. I've driven plenty of Toyotas, from the 80's to current models. They've lost their ability to make fun cars, and have become an appliance manufacturer.
Well Subaru is a full on Toyota subsidiary these days, but I digress.

To be honest the things you say about Toyota could be said about Any high-volume major brand these days. “Mostly appliances with a few high spots” to paraphrase.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Well Subaru is a full on Toyota subsidiary these days, but I digress.
Such a sad thing
To be honest the things you say about Toyota could be said about Any high-volume major brand these days. “Mostly appliances with a few high spots” to paraphrase.
Not so at all.

Name a Toyota model and I'll tell you at least one competitor that does it better from a "drivers pespective."

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
Between Chevy & Toyota I don't get what direction they are trying to go in with the massive black plastic grilles that take up the whole front end. Seems like it started with lexus and some toyota sedans. . . I am not a fan

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
They looked in the Tonka graveyard for ideas

9D1646DF-DBAF-4172-9732-7B900A2514B6.jpeg
Ok, that's just wrong.
Pull those REAL Tonka toys out of there and give them some TLC.
Oh, the memories!

Last edited:

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Such a sad thing

Not so at all.

Name a Toyota model and I'll tell you at least one competitor that does it better from a "drivers pespective."
Now why you pretending I said Toyota is the best in any particular class? Reread.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Now why you pretending I said Toyota is the best in any particular class? Reread.
I don't need to re read.

You said that Toyotas weren't bland and boring to drive.

Yet you can't name one Toyota that is fun or enjoyable to drive.

I'm not going to list every single Toyota model and the 3-4 competitors that are a more enjoyable drivers vehicle.

If you can't back your assertion we're done here.
Sponsored