WhiteLightning19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for that reference I totally forgot that I had read that thread a while ago. I just remember someone in this thread stating the Australian enclosure is around .6cu ft but not sure where they found those numbers. My kicker CompVT just lacks any dynamic range currently in this enclosure so trying to figure out the best course of action.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for that reference I totally forgot that I had read that thread a while ago. I just remember someone in this thread stating the Australian enclosure is around .6cu ft but not sure where they found those numbers. My kicker CompVT just lacks any dynamic range currently in this enclosure so trying to figure out the best course of action.
Yes that number is for the storage bin itself. The box is bigger so .6cuft sounds right based on everything I have seen and read.

WhiteLightning19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Yes that number is for the storage bin itself. The box is bigger so .6cuft sounds right based on everything I have seen and read.
The more I listen to the sub the more I'm thinking it might be a combination of two issues. One the box is smaller than the sub likes (Polyfill should help) and two I think the actual enclosure might be flexing a bit, diminishing bass response. I'm going to pull the box and run some tests and see if it is flexing. If it is some dynamat might fix that issue.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Did your box come from Stealthtech in Australia (the eBay source)? Just wondering if there is more than 1 version of the box because mine is definitely not bigger than the bin. If I were to remove the wire from my box it would fit inside of the bin.
IMG_20200607_151905.jpg

WhiteLightning19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Did your box come from Stealthtech in Australia (the eBay source)? Just wondering if there is more than 1 version of the box because mine is definitely not bigger than the bin. If I were to remove the wire from my box it would fit inside of the bin.
IMG_20200607_151905.jpg
I purchased mine from StealTech as well and I'm wondering the same thing now that you have shown that picture. I stuffed my box with Polyfill to get my sub some better bass response but it really needs to be a bit bigger of a box.

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
Not sure about the rest of you, but I had a severe heat problem when I installed my under the seat Subwoofer. Admittedly, the original Sub I put under it was huge and old (Alpine R10 originally installed in 2008) but it burned up after about 30 minutes. I like very strong base, so I made an intake using the existing hole in the metal. The part pictured is V2, and I'm quite proud of it.

Haven't melted the new Sub yet, but I will eventually get another R10 and drop it in, so that will be a true test!

Put the images behind a spoiler because nobody likes a screen hog!
IMG_20200625_175000.jpg

IMG_20200625_175011.jpg

IMG_20200625_175041.jpg

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure about the rest of you, but I had a severe heat problem when I installed my under the seat Subwoofer. Admittedly, the original Sub I put under it was huge and old (Alpine R10 originally installed in 2008) but it burned up after about 30 minutes. I like very strong base, so I made an intake using the existing hole in the metal. The part pictured is V2, and I'm quite proud of it.

Haven't melted the new Sub yet, but I will eventually get another R10 and drop it in, so that will be a true test!

Put the images behind a spoiler because nobody likes a screen hog!
IMG_20200625_175000.jpg

IMG_20200625_175011.jpg

IMG_20200625_175041.jpg
I plan on a kicker solobaric l7T 10inch square but cone area is equal to a 12inch.

Scottabbott308

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Insurance
Sound on a Budget: It took some time but I finally got the airspace needed to get the sound I wanted. Kinda came out nice I think. Thanks to all those who post here and share. It made wiring much easier for me by observing the adventures of others. Cheers.

sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

sub3.jpg

sub4.jpg

sub5.jpg

DriverA

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Sound on a Budget: It took some time but I finally got the airspace needed to get the sound I wanted. Kinda came out nice I think. Thanks to all those who post here and share. It made wiring much easier for me by observing the adventures of others. Cheers.
Nice setup dude!

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

sub3.jpg

sub4.jpg

sub5.jpg
Nice!
Ive had that exact amp (boss riot 1100m) since 2012, same amp installed in multiple vehicles cuz I used to change vehicle alot. Hits hard, decent power, cheap. Has never had a single hickup, and I have defn worked it. One time it was so hot I couldnt even touch it (no airflow in a compartment in the back of a vw gti and 90+ one summer). It didn't even bat an eye.
I guess the only issue ive had is the high level inputs never really worked/sounded right for me but line out convertors are cheap if I had to go the speaker level input route.

Fishin29

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Supercrew
Occupation
Contracting
Hi there. It’s a JL 10W1
I was looking at the same setup. If you don’t mind me asking, why are you getting rid of it? Did it not sound good?

Fishin29

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Supercrew
Occupation
Contracting
For the few folks that either have the Australian under seat subwoofer Enclosure or have home brewed one. Can we confirm that the cubic ft of the box is approximately .6 cu ft? I just installed the box with an older kicker sub that requires .8cu ft min so I think I might need to add some polyfill as it isn't hitting hard at the moment without cranking the volume.
Sponsored