Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I believe others

h

i think it has already been confirmed by other members that it comes through the rear speakers
Well dammit.
Sponsored

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Has anyone that already installed a sub or plans to looked at the kicker hideaway sub box? Its an all in one 8inch sub and 150watt amp. Looks pretty slick. I'm planning on getting differet head unit installed within a few months and plan to switch out speakers.

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
The Ford parts people are worthless for any detailed info and unless I had a VIN for a Lariat with the 501A I couldn't begin to get any kind of information
Why not use the Ford car finder app for a Lariat with the 501A package? You could “borrow” a VIN off the window sticker.

I don’t see any harm in using a VIN for research purposes.

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Has anyone that already installed a sub or plans to looked at the kicker hideaway sub box? Its an all in one 8inch sub and 150watt amp. Looks pretty slick. I'm planning on getting differet head unit installed within a few months and plan to switch out speakers.
Several folks have and I plan on doing it myself at some point. I haven't looked through these but I know they have the info. What head unit are you going with? I have the bigger one and I don't think I could get one with all the integration

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
There are 2 other sub options I would consider over one of the kicker units. One is the alpine type r 8 inch ported box SBR-S8-4 and the other is the JL audio CP108LG-W3v3 8 inch enclosure. They both fit behind the seat with the carpet taken out. And both sound amazing. The alpine 8 sounds like 2 10s and I was blown away. These are the options I am probably leaning towards.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Bought a Lariat last Friday with the Bang and Olufsen sound system and today pulled up the rear seat back where the sub woofer is mounted and cranked the volume some - didn't seem to be a whole lot of sound coming from that sub woofer. What are folks opinion regards that and about the ban and olufsen system in general - it seems to be geared to mid and higher end sound reproduction.

gasmanjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 XLT FX4, '19 Beetle Final Edition
Occupation
Gas leak inspector
FYI, just purchased a Kicker Hideaway 11HS8 off sonicelectronix for $209 ($222 w/tax). It's normally $270. If you look at it on a mobile device, it's listed at $270 but on a desktop, the price is hidden unless you type in your name. Type it in and it reveals the price to be $209.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
FYI, just purchased a Kicker Hideaway 11HS8 off sonicelectronix for $209 ($222 w/tax). It's normally $270. If you look at it on a mobile device, it's listed at $270 but on a desktop, the price is hidden unless you type in your name. Type it in and it reveals the price to be $209.
Have you hooked this up yet?

Wondering where you tapped in for input and if you are getting a lot a fake engine noise.

gasmanjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 XLT FX4, '19 Beetle Final Edition
Occupation
Gas leak inspector
I ran the power wire directly to the battery through the grommet on the firewall at the top of the passenger footwell and grounded it at one of the child seat brackets on the back wall. I tapped the speakers from the loom at the base of each b-pillar. I didn't run a signal turnon because it has a setting to automatically turn on when it receives high-input signal.

So far, absolutely no engine noise... is that only on Lariats?

I'm currently using the supplied velcro straps to hold it in place but I need to hard mount it to get rid of some vibration at high volume.

20200602_173200.jpg

WhiteLightning19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
For the few folks that either have the Australian under seat subwoofer Enclosure or have home brewed one. Can we confirm that the cubic ft of the box is approximately .6 cu ft? I just installed the box with an older kicker sub that requires .8cu ft min so I think I might need to add some polyfill as it isn't hitting hard at the moment without cranking the volume.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
For the few folks that either have the Australian under seat subwoofer Enclosure or have home brewed one. Can we confirm that the cubic ft of the box is approximately .6 cu ft? I just installed the box with an older kicker sub that requires .8cu ft min so I think I might need to add some polyfill as it isn't hitting hard at the moment without cranking the volume.
According to this thread the storage bin is .368 cu ft.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...ty-measurements-for-subwoofer-selection.6604/
Sponsored