First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
For startx, does it run the hvac? I was reading reviews some people say it doesn't keep the last setting but those were on a different vehicle.
Sponsored

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
So yall are saying that I should be able to start the truck through Fordpass without remote start installed?
The Ford web site shows Fordpass Connect included in even the most basic Ranger. Your dealer should have had you set it up as part of the delivery process.

Also, if you have an iPhone, you can download the Siri Shortcuts hack which allows you to bypass the Fordpass app and use voice commands (though initial setup through Fordpass is still required).

OP
OP
Smlawrence69

Smlawrence69

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Builder
Oh shit, nevermind then, lol. I tried it the other day and it wouldn't work, so I just figured it was because I didn't have factory remote start. Learn something new every day. Thanks for the help yall

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
For startx, does it run the hvac? I was reading reviews some people say it doesn't keep the last setting but those were on a different vehicle.
If on not on auto it will run last settings you left it with w/StartX. Just won’t run recirculating that way. Have to manually do that yourself. Think it’s a safety feature

OP
OP
Smlawrence69

Smlawrence69

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Builder
If on not on auto it will run last settings you left it with w/StartX. Just won’t run recirculating that way. Have to manually do that yourself. Think it’s a safety feature
Yea mine stays on auto and I tried it before getting off work and boom, got in a cooled down truck. Thank yall again

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I'm leaning towards getting the startx one also because sometimes the app messes up. I tried starting it in while I was in the store and wouldn't do it. However, the thing I really like about the app is you can extend the remote start time when it's about to shut off. I don't think you'll be able to do that with the fob one. I usually take my dog with me on errands and the remote start is a must for me one way or the other.
Another problem with the app is that it takes too long to open up, then too long to start the truck, so I rarely use it for remote start. However, I do like that I can program scheduled starts. Once in the morning before I leave for work, then again in the afternoon before leaving work. Truck is nice and cool by the time I leave and will be great for warm ups in winter.
Sponsored