Advice for first time detailer?

Strobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Hey ya’ll, just looking for some advice on detailing the truck now that winter in Alaska is over. Here’s what I’m thinking.

I bought Adam’s polishes, Graphene liquid wax. I was going to use this after I use a clay bar on the entire truck.

I’m then going to spray the Ranger down with 303 Graphene, is this a good strategy or what recommendations would you guys have?

@AzScorpion

I know you’re the Graphene guy, and I’ve seen a lot of threads on it - but wondering about this specific strategy. I’ll do it again in October before winter, what you think?

Thanks guys, appreciate your expertise.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Strobes

Strobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
The detailing spray isn't meant to be a primary protectant. 303 makes a graphene nano coating that contains a lot more graphene and would be the base protection. Or Carpro CQuartz. Or a product along those lines. The quick detailers are meant to restore the slip and shine but don't offer anything close to a true coating product in the area of protection.
The detailing spray is going to just be used for the clay bar. The 303 Graphene nano coating is going to be used after I use Adam’s liquid Graphene wax.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey ya’ll, just looking for some advice on detailing the truck now that winter in Alaska is over. Here’s what I’m thinking.

I bought Adam’s polishes, Graphene liquid wax. I was going to use this after I use a clay bar on the entire truck.

I’m then going to spray the Ranger down with 303 Graphene, is this a good strategy or what recommendations would you guys have?

@AzScorpion

I know you’re the Graphene guy, and I’ve seen a lot of threads on it - but wondering about this specific strategy. I’ll do it again in October before winter, what you think?

Thanks guys, appreciate your expertise.
Andrew check out the link below where I explain how to apply the Graphene. There's also a couple videos there which will help you too. Yes you'll want to clay it first and do the baggie test. Before claying put a sandwich baggie on your hand and run it over the panels while they're soapy. If you feel grit in it you'll need to clay. After you clay an area run the baggie over it again, if there's grit still clay it again until it's smooth.

I use any speed detailer I have and don't waste a lot of money on it, use something cheap. You can layer up to 3 coats of the Graphene which is what I did for better protection and it takes about an hour taking your time. The second and third coat goes much quicker too. It will last up to 1 year like this and it's a good idea to hit it in between with the Graphene Detailer. That will add a little more Graphene to it and give you a super shine and slickness.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/303-graphene-nano-spray-coating.10062/

IMG_3345.jpg

IMG_4826.jpg

OP
OP
Strobes

Strobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to learn the best techniques to these products, I’m just asking if this is a good strategy?! Lol. Not selling anything! Unless you’re talking about Dave with 303 and dampers… he’s the group sales guy.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I am going to learn the best techniques to these products, I’m just asking if this is a good strategy?! Lol. Not selling anything! Unless you’re talking about Dave with 303 and dampers… he’s the group sales guy.
Yes it's a good strategy. :wink: