micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
My cross traffic still works. It's pretty sensitive. I don't really know these new systems but wonder if we sometimes need recalibration?
@Gazmic you add ACC or already had it?
Sponsored

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
anyone notice that cross traffic no longer works. I also don't get the big red collision warning any more

Took the Ranger to COSTCO yesterday, loving the ACC!!! it a very nice feature.

I had someone go behind my truck while I was backing out the cross traffic did it's thing. So it's working for me.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Dave.
hmmm - need to go back and check all my settings.
Maybe related to having a new CCM.
@daczone , @5G Dan-O did both of you do module resets (correct term?)?

I have the sidewalk on my side of the street and cross traffic pics up people, I need to be more careful right now until I solve this!

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Thanks Dave.

I have the sidewalk on my side of the street and cross traffic pics up people, I need to be more careful right now until I solve this!
I had to revert back to my AS-Built for my IPMA as it wasn't correct. I was getting a camera error. BUT I couple of blocks were wrong. Easy fix, I would double check your blocks.

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I had ACC on my MDX 10 years ago. I enjoyed the novelty of it the first year, than never used it again. My Ranger has it, but I have never used it.

I don’t commute and live in a low traffic area, so my driving needs may be totally different than many drivers.
I have to admit I started using adaptive cruise control again and really like it, and I use it often on the highways.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
OK I got cross traffic back!
In the IPC I set 720-01-02 back to as built - so only changes to IPC were done with Easy mode.

Tomorrow I will see if collision alert pops up now. Sorry in advance to whoever I come flying up behind!

Just for grins I may set everything back to as built and then only make changes via easy mode. Except for PCM of course.

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Ford ASSET Instructor - Program Director
Thanks Dave.
So my backup sensors are working - operator error. Did not have a chance to test cross traffic.
I will set my IPC 720-01-02 back to as built and test.

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Tested:
IPC 720-01-02 changing the second set of numbers 5XXX from the 5 to 9XXX enables the truck icon with the collision alert distance. If it's at 5, the option to display distance is gone.
Change to 9 and when enabled in the Driver Assist menu, the little 1/2 truck icon pops up and it shows the distance until you crash. :shock:

Didn't test drive but I have every reason to think that this can be removed from the ACC how-to since it has no bearing on the ACC function. It's a neat add-on but not needed for ACC.

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Any idea what speed it will go down to?
So I don't remember if I replied but I tested the speed that it goes down to and it was around 12MPH when it dinged and showed in yellow/orange that cruise had cancelled.

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
So I don't remember if I replied but I tested the speed that it goes down to and it was around 12MPH when it dinged and showed in yellow/orange that cruise had cancelled.
I just noticed that, I wasn't sure the exact speed but almost a stop... I am still pretty impressed by it. It's a feature well worth adding.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Ok both Cross traffic and Collision whatever both work! That was the ticket Dan!

And for those going the stock bracket route. I had a Non ACC Putco grille insert and had planned to get one with the opening for the ACC. But I came across this - Mountains2Metal Bumper Grille Insert. Says it works with ACC w/o a cutout. I decided to give it a try and it works! I figure if it starts giving issues I will get the dremel out and cut out the center section. Bonus - they say is SS so some touch up paint should work fine.
1661548192852.png

Oh and even though I was able to install my Putco w/o removing the lower valance, I dont think that would be possible with the CCM installed. This one installs from the front using the upper clips - no need to remove anything but the clips.

@5G Dan-O this weekend I am going to see if I can get ACC to work by only making Easy Mode changes in FORScan. I will let you know how it goes.

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
What a coincidence.
I just installed a Putco grill I bought from a guy named Mike. :)

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
@daczone @5G Dan-O @CHrisin
I played around with Easy Mode setting to see if all changes could be made that way, well they cant. What we have works, but only a couple need Hex changes. I made a Summary of where I ended up after all this. See if you guys agree with it.
Latest version HERE

And sorry cant help myself I live in power point at work...

And Loving having ACC!
Sponsored

Last edited: