Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Range crew cab XLT
Slippery slope.

IMG_0372-L.jpg

IMG_0894-L.jpg

radiator-cooler%20install_070316-L.jpg

20150404_165713-XL.jpg

Hard to stop once you get started, and finally a lot of money has been plowed into a project. And get absolutely nothing back out of it on sell or trade-in time. Better ask yourselves if it is worth it.

Just a small part of what $65k put into a truck looks like.
Sponsored

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
When you pass that cheap HP window, I think its around $1,000 per 10 HP? Something like that, I dont remember the quote.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
True, but can you really put a price on the satisfaction of fogging a group of guys on bicycles who refuse to move over and are intentionally holding up traffic?

:sunglasses:

It's kind of amazing how in my area, the bicycles will almost instantly get into single file whenever they see a diesel truck coming up behind them.

llm.flyfisher

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Range crew cab XLT
Nah I am a cyclist also and always look out for those guys. Plus I sized my turbos such that they could mostly clean up all the fuel I could throw at them. Could hit 60 psi in around a second; the turbine side of the secondary also allowed for negative drive pressure at 1800 and above rpm. One happy cummins... On full race tune, did 762 hp and 1640 ft/lbs. 90 hp over injectors, Garrett Gt3782 over GT4202 primary. Sized for towing and DD. I ran tow tune with a little under 500 / 900 and almost no smoke at all. At one time I was going with dual fuelers (CP3) and a 4715 secondary, good for 1600 / >2000 ft/lbs. And munched trannies, blown-out u joints etc. Gotta pay to play.

My trans build would hold 700 / 1500 ft/lbs, and again was built for tow and daily drive. I would love to have my dodge back again. I have done some stupid things, but trading off that truck was really inexcusable. But I really wanted a 6 speed manual (still do) so looking for another diesel to build someday.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The cyclists in general aren't the problem.

The ones who insist on riding 5 across and refuse to allow traffic to pass are the one my buddy with the PowerStroke will fog.

Why do they do that?

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Slippery slope.

IMG_0372-L.jpg

IMG_0894-L.jpg

radiator-cooler%20install_070316-L.jpg

20150404_165713-XL.jpg

Hard to stop once you get started, and finally a lot of money has been plowed into a project. And get absolutely nothing back out of it on sell or trade-in time. Better ask yourselves if it is worth it.

I don't know much about diesel but that looks pretty sweet.

DevilDog1775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Vehicle Showcase
Can't wait to see how the turbo turns out!
S/F
I installed the turbo yesterday. 12 hour job. Not too difficult. An air ratchet is a life saver and an impact wrench with lots of extensions and universals is helpful. I took it for a short test run with the stock tune and it is a noticeable difference. A bit more lag but a harder pull and deeper into the RPMs. Will tune it up and give it a rip in a few days. Just want to be sure I got all the oil and coolant connections all good before I do so.

DevilDog1775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Vehicle Showcase
I got my turbo upgrade installed and it is working pretty well. I haven't given it a hero pull yet, but ran it hard last night with no issues and with 91 octane and a mild tune seems to drive like when I did with an aggressive tune with an e50 tank fo fuel. Happy so far!

So, if anyone is interested in getting the turbo, the most cost effective way is to send a turbo to CR Performance and have then modify it. They do that for $850 as opposed to the cost of a new turbo they modify costing almost $2,500. https://crpengineering.com/product/2019-2020-ford-ranger-2-3l-ecoboost-stage-3-54mm-upgrade-turbo/

The problem is that to send your turbo off to them, you can't drive your truck until you get it back. I was lucky enough to find a used one with very few miles on it. I sent that off and my truck was only down for the time it took me to do the swap. That was about 12 hours. The swap job wasn't too difficult and I handled it pretty easily in my own garage.

So, I am willing to sell the turbo I took out of my truck that has 5,100 miles on it for $400 plus the cost of shipping. Not sure what the shipping cost will be. I already have it in a box and can ship it out within a day or two after receipt of your payment.

Kickin45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
None
Dumb question maybe.
is the 19 turbo the exact same as the 20?
I’m planning on purchasing a 2021 and am curious about that one as well.
no updates or changes to any of the factory turbos from Ford from year to year so far?

DevilDog1775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Vehicle Showcase
Dumb question maybe.
is the 19 turbo the exact same as the 20?
I’m planning on purchasing a 2021 and am curious about that one as well.
no updates or changes to any of the factory turbos from Ford from year to year so far?
19 and 20 are the same. I assume it will be the same for 21 as well as it sounds like a Ranger update would be in 23 at the earliest.

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
Well, I have one of these turbos sitting in my garage right now. Just haven't gotten around to putting it in yet. Also waiting on an intercooler for Levels Performance. I would like to do both at the same time. Maybe this weekend. Will let you guys know what it does. Oh, and if you want more HP, there are a lot of other things you can do before you get to the turbo. Exhaust is a big one and a down pipe. But if you do a down pipe, it will get loud. After three months I added a resonator to cut the noise a bit. The K&N filter is a good addition and a tune, such as 5Star. I also did the AFE charge pipes, but not sure how much that really does. Probably something greater than adding a sticker but less than the exhaust. The charge pipes do look good though.
Hey Jim, what exhaust and downpipe did you use on the Ranger? I’m getting to pull the trigger on the whole exhaust (CAI, hot/cold tubes, downpipe, and exhaust). The turbo upgrade and intercooler are on the list, but I’m still on the fence. Hoping for more intercooler options to hit the market.

DevilDog1775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jim, what exhaust and downpipe did you use on the Ranger? I’m getting to pull the trigger on the whole exhaust (CAI, hot/cold tubes, downpipe, and exhaust). The turbo upgrade and intercooler are on the list, but I’m still on the fence. Hoping for more intercooler options to hit the market.
AFE downpipe with the cat and the Borla exhaust with the double pipe and black tips. I added a Borla resonator as well as it was really loud. Sounds good now. Lots of power! Super fun to drive. I want to just drive it all the time. Problem is I work from home and other than church, I don’t have many places to go!

_PropNDrop

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Aloha,

Did some pulls today in the Ranger. Shout out to Rad Motorsports in Waipahu for getting on the dyno. The Ranger put 280 to wheels and 350 ft of tq. I went with CR Performance stage4 kit 57mm need to iron out a few things however.

FC67168F-5262-4542-8F50-82EF91A72A31.jpeg

280028A3-0EA4-4EA1-8252-6F58FA9F16DE.png

511F6FE9-01EA-4C91-B654-E8251037E6CB.jpeg
Sponsored