E85 fuel and turbo upgrade

Ljhardrock

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2.3l, AFe 3in Turbo back Exhaust, AFe Intercooler pipe, Turbosmart BOV, 5star Tuning 91perf, Mishimoto cold air Intake, Big Mouth air ram, Mountune intercooler,
Occupation
A/C Tech
Just finished full bolt on this weekend with my 2019 ranger. And wanted to know if anyone has done a turbo upgrade or is running e85?
Sponsored

Allen_rubin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Just finished full bolt on this weekend with my 2019 ranger. And wanted to know if anyone has done a turbo upgrade or is running e85?
E85 straight will need more work then just FBO, you would be fine getting a tune for e30 instead of trying to mess with the HPFP and other fuel parts.

OP
OP
Ljhardrock

Ljhardrock

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2.3l, AFe 3in Turbo back Exhaust, AFe Intercooler pipe, Turbosmart BOV, 5star Tuning 91perf, Mishimoto cold air Intake, Big Mouth air ram, Mountune intercooler,
Occupation
A/C Tech
E85 straight will need more work then just FBO, you would be fine getting a tune for e30 instead of trying to mess with the HPFP and other fuel parts.
I was looking at that option just wasn't too familiar with it.

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
Just my .02 but from an E30 tune on my ST Focus I can tell you now that its a huge PIA. For example only one gas station near me even sells e85 and it is kind of out of my way to get too. Then there is the pain of having to to do 2 different transactions at each fill up, 1 for the e85 and 1 for the 93. Then you have to constantly check and or worry if the e85 you are getting is actually e85 because it can vary greatly.

And to answer your question if you want to run straight e85 it requires a HPFP upgrade that is around $2k just FYI.

So in short it's a lot of work to run ethanol and it can get expensive. If you arent planning on drag racing the truck every weekend I'd say stick with a 93 tune myself lol

OP
OP
Ljhardrock

Ljhardrock

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A/C Tech
Just my .02 but from an E30 tune on my ST Focus I can tell you now that its a huge PIA. For example only one gas station near me even sells e85 and it is kind of out of my way to get too. Then there is the pain of having to to do 2 different transactions at each fill up, 1 for the e85 and 1 for the 93. Then you have to constantly check and or worry if the e85 you are getting is actually e85 because it can vary greatly.

And to answer your question if you want to run straight e85 it requires a HPFP upgrade that is around $2k just FYI.

So in short it's a lot of work to run ethanol and it can get expensive. If you arent planning on drag racing the truck every weekend I'd say stick with a 93 tune myself lol
Thank you that was very helpful
Sponsored