A TURBO UPGRADE HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
https://crpengineering.com/product/2019-2020-ford-ranger-2-3l-ecoboost-stage-3-54mm-upgrade-turbo/

Check it out guys!!! Turbo upgrade has finally been built by these guys!!! It uses the stock turbo frame so you can send your stock one to them they rebuild it n send it back to you!!!

Which means it also according to them will work with our afe charge pipes and any aftermarket turbo manifold that may be coming in the future!!! Hell yea

339hp and 304ft-lbs with turbo tune n exhaust... Damn!!
Sponsored

DJRPM4131

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2016 Mazda CX-5
https://crpengineering.com/product/2019-2020-ford-ranger-2-3l-ecoboost-stage-3-54mm-upgrade-turbo/

Check it out guys!!! Turbo upgrade has finally been built by these guys!!! It uses the stock turbo frame so you can send your stock one to them they rebuild it n send it back to you!!!

Which means it also according to them will work with our afe charge pipes and any aftermarket turbo manifold that may be coming in the future!!! Hell yea

Isn't the Stock Engine rated at 310 ft-lbs Torque?

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I understand torque and hp, but don't get why these vendors say xxx ft-lbs with 33 inch tires. Rear wheel torque should be the same regardless of the tire size. What am I missing here? Is this just advertising speak?

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Looking at the dyno sheet the turbo must run out of breath at 5200 rpm or so. Everything past that are gains for the upgraded compressor wheel. My question is do we have enough injector to handle more air at that RPM on E50. Im betting not.. Would need to upgrade the HPFP and then it would be beast mode.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Looking at the dyno sheet the turbo must run out of breath at 5200 rpm or so. Everything past that are gains for the upgraded compressor wheel. My question is do we have enough injector to handle more air at that RPM on E50. Im betting not.. Would need to upgrade the HPFP and then it would be beast mode.
I would be curious to see the injector duty cycles from their run with the rebuilt/upgraded turbo I would bet its in the vicinity of 100% or more.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
It looks like the stock turbo is making more torque down low than the upgraded version, and hangs with the upgrade until around 4800rpm where the upgrade keeps pulling.

Most of my driving is below that so the stock is probably sufficient for my driving style.

That said, the stock turbo with 93 tune is putting out peak of around 325HP and 375TQ at the rear wheels (roughly 380HP and 440TQ figuring 15% driveline loss. The 10spd auto may be more efficient than that but I would guess marginally so if at all).

The upgraded turbo is peaking around 400HP and 435TQ with a flatter torque curve so it is definitely an improvement.

And if it appears totally stock......hmmmmmm.....

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
I understand torque and hp, but don't get why these vendors say xxx ft-lbs with 33 inch tires. Rear wheel torque should be the same regardless of the tire size. What am I missing here? Is this just advertising speak?
Not only do large tires eat up power with the extra rotational mass, changing tire size also changes the effective gearing as well. Small tires will put down more wheel torque, large tires will put down less wheel torque.

Oregon Comrade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Not only do large tires eat up power with the extra rotational mass, changing tire size also changes the effective gearing as well. Small tires will put down more wheel torque, large tires will put down less wheel torque.
+1, well said....but HP should remain largely static, less torque but higher RPM = same HP.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This is why I asked the question. When measuring the torque at the rear wheels the tire diameter and gearing need to be in the equation used to generate the published numbers. To exaggerate, rear wheel torque in 1st gear is a lot more than in 10th. Horsepower is the same.

Bud

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL supper cab 2019 Volt 99 XK8 Jaguar
Occupation
Sailor

Ah to be young again.
Sponsored