Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I took delivery of my Tremor on 11-23-21. "Stepping down" from an F150 I must say I am totally happy with my choice. This truck is quick, nimble, strong and easy to maneuver...if I am not careful...I am going to get a ticket in this rig. I have been busy with modifications. I will list them here in the (hopeful) order the photos appear. If you have any questions or need a link to any item, just post it in the comments. I have three more things planned for the truck who I shall call "CRUSH" (as in orange crush/crush rocks); black lug nuts (I just need to get them installed), 2-Diode Dynamics light bars into front bumper (back ordered), and vinyl lettering "CRUSH" in cyber orange to canopy side windows.

Modifications to Date:
4 platinum door sill plates, AFE cold air intake, engine cover, Deltran battery tender/lead disconnect thru grill, canopy (only screw up-they forgot to install carpet liner, working on resolution), DD ditch lights (also added additional terminal post for accessories on battery), platinum tailgate lettering inserts, WeatherTech tailgate cover/rear area set up for dog (training gear/Impact dog crate, fan, fire extinguisher), BedSlide in truck "bed", EGR window visors, black exhaust tip, custom plate frames, hood protector, interior light bar-lower dash area, rear tow hook/rear plate frame, red grill letters, RekGen splash-stone guards, side speed stripes, DeeZee....well...you know what!, rear doors-window tint-black out, front tow hooks-red, cyberO valve stem covers, WolfHaus 12 volt plug

4SillPlates.jpg

AFEcai2.jpg

EngineCover.jpg

BT1.jpg

BT2.jpg

Canopy.jpg

DDditch.jpg

Dog1.jpg

Dog2.jpg

EGRventShade.jpg

ExhaustTIP.jpg

FrontPlate.jpg

HoodProtector.jpg

Lightbattery.jpg

RearPlate2.jpg

RedLetters.jpg

RGfront.jpg

SideSpeedStripe.jpg

TailgateAssist.jpg

Tint.jpg

TowhooksHoodProtector.jpg

TPcaps.jpg

WolfH12volt.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Good looking truck.
Maybe I missed it, but did you make any progress on the headliner for the cap?
I am being bounced between the Dealer and Leer. My invoice clearly shows I ordered it. Pissed me off big time. Communication has been TERRIBLE. I am waiting for an "end" to what I will tolerate. I will get a resolution or trust me; letters to Corporate HQ and I will give bad reviews in every area/forum I can for both Leer and the Dealer. I have purchased 8-9 canopies from Leer thru the same Dealer with no issues. I expected better treatment (not to mention these things cost $3,240.00). They will never realize the amount of lost sales they will not get from just this one unhappy customer. I will point that out to them. It is not worth it IMO....correct the issue.

The Dealer offered to send it back to Leer. They would take it all apart, install carpet liner, reinstall all windows and hardware and ship back. This would be a round trip of about 2800 miles. I told them too much risk for damage and future leaks. I also needed the canopy now and already waited 8 weeks to get it. IMO, the only resolution is to build a new one correctly and replace it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I am done modding :giggle: :LOL: ;). All receipts hidden from wife (not really...she has been very supportive)

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I am being bounced between the Dealer and Leer. My invoice clearly shows I ordered it. Pissed me off big time. Communication has been TERRIBLE. I am waiting for an "end" to what I will tolerate. I will get a resolution or trust me; letters to Corporate HQ and I will give bad reviews in every area/forum I can for both Leer and the Dealer. I have purchased 8-9 canopies from Leer thru the same Dealer with no issues. I expected better treatment (not to mention these things cost $3,240.00). They will never realize the amount of lost sales they will not get from just this one unhappy customer. I will point that out to them. It is not worth it IMO....correct the issue.

The Dealer offered to send it back to Leer. They would take it all apart, install carpet liner, reinstall all windows and hardware and ship back. This would be a round trip of about 2800 miles. I told them too much risk for damage and future leaks. I also needed the canopy now and already waited 8 weeks to get it. IMO, the only resolution is to build a new one correctly and replace it.
I used to work for a Leer dealer in the 90’s. We had two big Leer mistakes. Both resulted in a new cap being sent out. The old ones got shipped back. At that time, they would strip it and hold to paint for the next order.

Could they ship you the liner and whatever glue is required and either you do it or find somebody locally who will, AND either pay the shop labour or give a partial refund?
You have the pooch moved into the truck now, it wouldn’t work to pull it and ship it back and forth again.

Good luck, it’ll get worked out.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I am done modding :giggle: :LOL: ;). All receipts hidden from wife (not really...she has been very supportive)
Famous last words are here. lol The only way "you're done with modding" is if you delete your account. ?

BTW your truck looks great Craig. There's no way you can stop now. :curse:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Craig, nice!!

a suggestion for a detail change of you feel like it...get some high temp exhaust rattle can flat black, remove tailpipe tip, spray exhaust line so it is blacked out from side/rear view (up to spare tire), reinstall tip.

takes about 10 minutes and worth it imO :thumbsup:

Oh, about the DZ thingy,

1625620628515.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I used to work for a Leer dealer in the 90’s. We had two big Leer mistakes. Both resulted in a new cap being sent out. The old ones got shipped back. At that time, they would strip it and hold to paint for the next order.

Could they ship you the liner and whatever glue is required and either you do it or find somebody locally who will, AND either pay the shop labour or give a partial refund?
You have the pooch moved into the truck now, it wouldn’t work to pull it and ship it back and forth again.

Good luck, it’ll get worked out.
The Dealer said the windows all need to come out to install the liner. He said it would need to be sent back to the factory. IMO, too much risk there for future leakage/damage and having to ship it back to California from Oregon and back again....too much risk for paint or other damage and then I would have other issues to deal with.

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Craig, nice!!

a suggestion for a detail change of you feel like it...get some high temp exhaust rattle can flat black, remove tailpipe tip, spray exhaust line so it is blacked out from side/rear view (up to spare tire), reinstall tip.

takes about 10 minutes and worth it imO :thumbsup:

Oh, about the DZ thingy,

1625620628515.png
Thanks....I have thought/planned of doing this too. Just need to get my old ass down and back off of a creeper. Maybe my younger wife will do it?! Yeah....the exhaust pipe does stand out from the rear/side with this taller truck.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful setup...You're in the Kool Klub...?

TailgateAssist.jpg

This all you got? You ain't finished brother...?

ddditch-jpg.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Iowa Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion SE, 2021 XL Ranger Supercab STX 4x4
Occupation
Automotive Tooling Engineer
I took delivery of my Tremor on 11-23-21. "Stepping down" from an F150 I must say I am totally happy with my choice. This truck is quick, nimble, strong and easy to maneuver...if I am not careful...I am going to get a ticket in this rig. I have been busy with modifications. I will list them here in the (hopeful) order the photos appear. If you have any questions or need a link to any item, just post it in the comments. I have three more things planned for the truck who I shall call "CRUSH" (as in orange crush/crush rocks); black lug nuts (I just need to get them installed), 2-Diode Dynamics light bars into front bumper (back ordered), and vinyl lettering "CRUSH" in cyber orange to canopy side windows.

Modifications to Date:
4 platinum door sill plates, AFE cold air intake, engine cover, Deltran battery tender/lead disconnect thru grill, canopy (only screw up-they forgot to install carpet liner, working on resolution), DD ditch lights (also added additional terminal post for accessories on battery), platinum tailgate lettering inserts, WeatherTech tailgate cover/rear area set up for dog (training gear/Impact dog crate, fan, fire extinguisher), BedSlide in truck "bed", EGR window visors, black exhaust tip, custom plate frames, hood protector, interior light bar-lower dash area, rear tow hook/rear plate frame, red grill letters, RekGen splash-stone guards, side speed stripes, DeeZee....well...you know what!, rear doors-window tint-black out, front tow hooks-red, cyberO valve stem covers, WolfHaus 12 volt plug

4SillPlates.jpg

AFEcai2.jpg

EngineCover.jpg

BT1.jpg

BT2.jpg

Canopy.jpg

DDditch.jpg

Dog1.jpg

Dog2.jpg

EGRventShade.jpg

ExhaustTIP.jpg

FrontPlate.jpg

HoodProtector.jpg

Lightbattery.jpg

RearPlate2.jpg

RedLetters.jpg

RGfront.jpg

SideSpeedStripe.jpg

TailgateAssist.jpg

Tint.jpg

TowhooksHoodProtector.jpg

TPcaps.jpg

WolfH12volt.jpg
do you have more info on how you installed the battery tender?

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
do you have more info on how you installed the battery tender?
I use that model of battery tender on all of my vehicles. Because the battery side lead is only 18" long....I also get the 6' extension lead. Attach the 18" lead to the battery.....plug it into the 6' extension.....feed the cord from the battery under the front plastic shroud and down through any grill slot....where you have the quick disconnect hanging out a little. Zip tie off all your wire under the hood. You are ready to go. Then when you arrive home....just plug it in to the Battery Tender. If you need a longer cord on the Battery Tender end....get another 6' extension, they also make a 12' extension. Your vehicle is always ready to go and this will extend battery life. IMO, the Deltran model is the best. Make sure you get that specific model!
Amazon.com: Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger and Maintainer: 1.25 AMP Powersport Battery Charger and Maintainer for Motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs - Smart 12 Volt Automatic Float Charger - 021-0128 : Automotive

Amazon.com: Battery Tender 6 FT Extension Cable : Automotive

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I use that model of battery tender on all of my vehicles. Because the battery side lead is only 18" long....I also get the 6' extension lead. Attach the 18" lead to the battery.....plug it into the 6' extension.....feed the cord from the battery under the front plastic shroud and down through any grill slot....where you have the quick disconnect hanging out a little. Zip tie off all your wire under the hood. You are ready to go. Then when you arrive home....just plug it in to the Battery Tender. If you need a longer cord on the Battery Tender end....get another 6' extension, they also make a 12' extension. Your vehicle is always ready to go and this will extend battery life. IMO, the Deltran model is the best. Make sure you get that specific model!
Amazon.com: Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger and Maintainer: 1.25 AMP Powersport Battery Charger and Maintainer for Motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs - Smart 12 Volt Automatic Float Charger - 021-0128 : Automotive

I do it this way so you don't have to open the hood every time you want to plug it in. I have used this on all my daily drivers, show cars. A different model on motorcycles, lawn equipment, tractors, etc.

Iowa Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

How is the 18" lead connected? spliced at the battery terminals?

Iowa Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation