303 Tire Balm Discontinued

tekfranz

First Name
Franz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger LX
Gold Eagle has appeared to have Discontinued their Tire Balm product.
https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-tire-balm-protectant/
I have a had a strange brown blooming on my Hankook tires and I have bees using the 303 Tire Balm regularly.
I really love the regular 303 Aerospace spray and am continuing to use that, plus need to use up my stash of Tire Balm.

Does anyone know why the Tire Balm was discontinued? Was it because of tire blooming issues?

Thise if you who use regular 303 on the tires, how long do you find it lasting?

Are there any other good alternatives to the 303 Tire Balm. Maybe Adams Tire Armor?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm not sure why but I can find out Monday. Usually when they discontinue a product it's because it's not selling well and costs to much to keep it in production.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
The “ brown blooming” on Hankooks is not uncommon and there are prior threads about it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
As quiet as it has been kept 303 is not the answer for everything… sorry Dave…
lol No worries Andy there are many great products out there. I'm a creature of habit so when I find something that works it takes a lot to get me to change. Plus some others (even though great products) charge much more and you're basically paying for the name. 303 has always been very reasonably priced and the customer service is great. ? I do use some Chemical Guys products.:wink:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I did talk with one of the guys I know over at Gold Eagle today. He said it just wasn't selling that good so they discontinued it. I never used this product so I don't know if it worked well or just not enough people knew about it?

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
So what is the tire treatment of choice for everyone? Before I got the Ranger, I always used a matte finish dressing on tires for my classics. When I bought the Ranger, the dealer put a tire shine on it that I actually like. Now I want to do it that way.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So what is the tire treatment of choice for everyone? Before I got the Ranger, I always used a matte finish dressing on tires for my classics. When I bought the Ranger, the dealer put a tire shine on it that I actually like. Now I want to do it that way.
There's so many good ones out there but I like the 303 Tire Coating Protectant. It's a nice satin finish and doesn't fling off if you drive it after applying it.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-tire-coating-protectant/

303-Tire-Coating-Protectant.png

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Gold Eagle has appeared to have Discontinued their Tire Balm product.
https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-tire-balm-protectant/
I have a had a strange brown blooming on my Hankook tires and I have bees using the 303 Tire Balm regularly.
I really love the regular 303 Aerospace spray and am continuing to use that, plus need to use up my stash of Tire Balm.

Does anyone know why the Tire Balm was discontinued? Was it because of tire blooming issues?

Thise if you who use regular 303 on the tires, how long do you find it lasting?

Are there any other good alternatives to the 303 Tire Balm. Maybe Adams Tire Armor?
Hey Franz,

Happy to recommend Aero Cosmetics Rubber Care. I was turned on to it by @Msfitoy and have never looked back. It gets rid of that brown crud and leaves a matte black finish. No shine but it looks like you have brand new tires!

C7670616-CE28-4A81-9D1A-BAA0E545AE3F.jpeg

OP
OP

tekfranz

First Name
Franz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger LX
Hey Franz,

Happy to recommend Aero Cosmetics Rubber Care. I was turned on to it by @Msfitoy and have never looked back. It gets rid of that brown crud and leaves a matte black finish. No shine but it looks like you have brand new tires!

C7670616-CE28-4A81-9D1A-BAA0E545AE3F.jpeg
Thanks! I will check it out.

OP
OP

tekfranz

First Name
Franz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger LX
I did talk with one of the guys I know over at Gold Eagle today. He said it just wasn't selling that good so they discontinued it. I never used this product so I don't know if it worked well or just not enough people knew about it?
It definitely made a nice matte finish and lasted several weeks. Maybe the brown is from the Hankook tires ??

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It definitely made a nice matte finish and lasted several weeks. Maybe the brown is from the Hankook tires ??
Whenever I would use any of those tire foam products (Armour All, Bkack Magic, etc.) I would get that brown stuff - hated it so I just stopped using it.

I read in a thread here that some products are the culprit, not necessarily the tires.

Sid mentioned Aero Cosmetics Rubber Care in a thread so I tried it and it was just what I was looking for. I haven’t had that browning issue since.

It’s a true matte black finish - the folks who like shiny black tires will not like it - not one bit - but then again, they’ll have that nasty brown crud on their sidewalls that they don’t like either.

I use it on my rubber door seals too. The damp applicator usually makes a round or two over the fender flares, mirrors, rear bumper, and door handles as I’m finishing up.
Sponsored