303 Protectant

OP
OP

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
What is difference between protectant in blue bottle and aerospace protectant in white bottle?
Sponsored

kpgreenwell

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro 2021 Lincoln Corsair 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic Technician

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
It is. I use it on everything on my interior including my leather seats.
Have you ever used their leather products Dave? Kate has leather seats (with AC and heat ventilation holes) and was wondering about it.

I didn't realize that the aerospace protectant could be used on leather.

Oh, and now that I've gone to the Gold Eagle site, I have further questions for the In-house 303 Expert @AzScorpion:

I see two leather products, one's 303 and the other is TriNova (never heard of them, but then, I still thought Turtle Wax was the end all, be all of car care). =p

And have you ever tried this bewitching magic?

303 Instant Windshield Washer Tablets

I like the idea of Alka-Seltzer for my windshield washer fluid (and they say you can add it to regular anti-freeze fluid, which is vital up here).

Leather product links:
303 Automotive Leather 3-in-1 Complete Care
TriNova® Leather Pack

1663244336638.png

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Have you ever used their leather products Dave? Kate has leather seats (with AC and heat ventilation holes) and was wondering about it.

Oh, and now that I've gone to the Gold Eagle site, I have further questions for the In-house 303 Expert @AzScorpion:

I see two leather products, one's 303 and the other is TriNova (never heard of them, but then, I still thought Turtle Wax was the end all, be all of car care). =p

I like the idea of Alka-Seltzer for my windshield washer fluid (and they say you can add it to regular anti-freeze fluid, which is vital up here).

Leather product links:
TriNova® Leather Pack

1663244336638.png
Just remember David...there's only about 4-5 sq ft of "leather" in your Ranger...just the front seat middle inserts and the steering wheel.
Silly to buy a seperate product...I also use the 303 regular on my Lariat "leather"...works just fine.
Also use it in my wife's Outback Touring with leather.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Leather product links:
TriNova® Leather Pack

1663244336638.png
Trinova is another company they bought several years ago and those products are great too. I use the Trinova leather pack regularly on my Ranger along with living room furniture and it really cleans and conditions them great and restoring a nice luster to them.

The Windshield Washer Tablets work great too and I used them all the time when I was living back in MA. My windshield doesn't get dirty much here and believe it or not I still have the same washer fluid from when I bought my truck 3 years ago. o_O It was nice not to have to store gallons of washer fluid and just these Alka Seltzer tablets. ?

Some of their other products I use are the BBQ Grill cleaner, Stainless Steel cleaner, Clindo, Coffee Maker Cleaner and the Granite Sealer. Then the more popular ones like Sta-bil, Heat and Fuel Injector Cleaner. Honestly there's nothing I've tried that I didn't really like and it's nice not giving Bezos any more money for another Yacht. ?

IMG_7708.jpg

IMG_7709.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What is difference between protectant in blue bottle and aerospace protectant in white bottle?
I had asked the chemist there the same question and they're the same product. I told him it is kind of confusing and you'd think to save money on packaging/labels they'd just have one.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Trinova is another company they bought several years ago and those products are great too. I use the Trinova leather pack regularly on my Ranger along with living room furniture and it really cleans and conditions them great and restoring a nice luster to them.

The Windshield Washer Tablets work great too and I used them all the time when I was living back in MA. My windshield doesn't get dirty much here and believe it or not I still have the same washer fluid from when I bought my truck 3 years ago. o_O It was nice not to have to store gallons of washer fluid and just these Alka Seltzer tablets. ?

Some of their other products I use are the BBQ Grill cleaner, Stainless Steel cleaner, Clindo, Coffee Maker Cleaner and the Granite Sealer. Then the more popular ones like Sta-bil, Heat and Fuel Injector Cleaner. Honestly there's nothing I've tried that I didn't really like and it's nice not giving Bezos any more money for another Yacht. ?

IMG_7708.jpg

IMG_7709.jpg
Ooh, thanks for the great review and the mention of many other products (which will be compulsory for me to now buy!). =D

So you lived in Mass, eh? Well that's extra reason to get the tablets, Kate often has to drive in to work from Portsmouth to Grafton on 495 - about 90 miles each way - and her windshield gets pretty terrible on those slushy winter days!

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Just remember David...there's only about 4-5 sq ft of "leather" in your Ranger...just the front seat middle inserts and the steering wheel.
Silly to buy a seperate product...I also use the 303 regular on my Lariat "leather"...works just fine.
Also use it in my wife's Outback Touring with leather.
No leather for me, I have an cheapie economical XL with neoprene seat covers. But that's really good to know, I always thought they were full leather and that made me really feel cheap frugal. =)

I also didn't realize it was a leather wrapped steering wheel, now that's pretty fancy! =D

Kate has 4 seats of full "Caturra Brown Nappa Leather". I don't really know what that means except that poor Cheech will never be allowed in her car!

That's okay, Cheech is more of a dump and junk yard dog than a fancy Rodeo Drive pooch!

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Is there a scent free 303 product for interior use. My wife has chemical sensitivity syndrome and Sjogrens so she can't tolerate synthetic fumes. I can only use scent free cleaners but none have any kind of protectants. Seems like like it would be a good product for around young children also.
The chemist I know forwarded my question to the CEO of Gold Eagle and I just got this email from him. I asked him to let me know the outcome so I could inform you if they decide to run a batch. ?

In the meantime I would try some as it really doesn't have any strong fumes. Even the next day when I get inside I don't notice any. Personally I hate that new car smell and those fumes bother me and my asthma. I have to leave my windows down for weeks when I buy a new vehicle to get that smell out. ?

It's a great idea and something we can look into. We will need to do research on how big an opportunity this could be. Unfortunately, it is difficult to create a whole new sku and make it available, at least through Brick & Mortar, if the volume does not justify. However, if the consumer data does seem at least compelling enough, we could run some small volume and test it on Amazon. We shall see. I am copying Matt Banach and Peter Cronin for their contemplation & consideration.

Thank you and Dave for the suggestion! Much appreciated!

Marc xxxxxxxx
CEO
Gold Eagle Co.
4400 S. Kildare Chicago IL. 60632

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
The chemist I know forwarded my question to the CEO of Gold Eagle and I just got this email from him. I asked him to let me know the outcome so I could inform you if they decide to run a batch. ?

In the meantime I would try some as it really doesn't have any strong fumes. Even the next day when I get inside I don't notice any. Personally I hate that new car smell and those fumes bother me and my asthma. I have to leave my windows down for weeks when I buy a new vehicle to get that smell out. ?
Thanks. I think seventh generation shows how popular scent free cleaners are to many these days. When they did my windshield recall a couple weeks ago they cleaned my dash with a product that had no smell to me and my wife couldn't ride in it for a week. Had to leave it out in the sun with the windows open parked away from the house for a week. Any chemical fumes and her throat closed up. Hard to believe but there are many with similar issues. On the other hand I could put a bag of cow poop in the back seat and no breathing problems because it is all natural scents. When my truck was new the dealer used seventh generation free and clear products for interior cleanup and it only took a couple days of airing out. We have scent free cleaning products, laundry products, soaps and shampoos, and lotions but for some reason it hasn't caught up in auto detailing products. Thanks for checking and please keep me updated.

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I had asked the chemist there the same question and they're the same product. I told him it is kind of confusing and you'd think to save money on packaging/labels they'd just have one.
I had the same question when I started using this 303.

I noticed the white bottle label said NOT to use it on plastic headlight lenses, where the blue bottle didn't mention such a caution.
So, I have both.
I use the blue on headlights every few weeks and the white on everything else.
Not a problem.

If they're really the same, as Dave's friend says, then they certainly should address the packaging labels.
But, as I said, not a problem using both.
303 really works well!

OHTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen some on here use this product. I've been using Mothers (or McGuires) conditioner and have been happy with it. I'm about out, so time to buy. O'Reileys has 303 on sale, and am considering it. Website says it not the greasy kid stuff we all used in the 70's. My only concern would be does it attract dust? Deal breaker for me, living on dirt road...
I detail vehicles as a small side hustle. It’s a great product but should be applied with a quality microfiber cloth and buffed clean!

Also like the Turtlewax Hybrid Soltions interior detailer spray too.
There are a lot of affordable choices.

bearrug

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4, 2023 ford Bronco Sport
I really like the 303 protestant, I spray it on everything dash . doors, tires, wife, really makes everything shine, good stuff.