Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500, Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Retired
Hi Phil,

I live in a similar environment, beachside town, outside 24/7.

I've got about 6 coats in about 8 months on mine. I think. Noticed this morning that water is still beading nicely and now it doesn't seem to need re-application anywhere near as often. I think, and I'm only assuming, that once it reaches a certain thickness, it becomes MUCH more resistant, if that makes any sense? One or two light coats wear off quick, but once you build up an extra couple, it seems to last much longer.

Next thing I noticed, as it seems pretty resilient to a fine clay bar. When I did mine last, it still seemed to have a good coating on it.

Lastly, I did my wife's car (two coats), 7 months ago. It's parked under cover at night, but used as a daily and it's rained here more than 50% of days this year. It's also washed every week or two. Now, it was applied over a 3 year old ceramic coating, but I washed it on the weekend and it still felt like I'd applied the Graphene the day before. Washed easy, easy to dry and looked amazing when done (pic taken after said wash).

303.jpg

Now, with her car, I did the coats a bit thicker, and it seems to have lasted a lot better than on my Ranger. Again, this is just an assumption, but it backs up my idea that once a certain thickness is applied, (2-3 thick coats, depending on application thickness) it seems to last a lot longer, than 1 or 2 thin coats.

My 2c anyway. I had doubts on the products longevity in the past, but now seems that thickness of total coating is the secret to making it long lasting, at least in my environment.
Hi Rob

Appreciate your feedback...wow that car looks great! I guess it makes a lot of sense that there is a certain graphene thickness that once reached, ensures longevity (I.e. 1 year). ....even in the harsh sunny coastal environments we live in. Since I now have 3 coats on mine...it does seem to stay shiny snd a breeze to clean every week.

Islander

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500, Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Retired
For you guys with experience with this, is washing & clay bar a sufficient prep before applying 303?
Thanks.
If you're happy with your paint (I.e. swirls, scratches) then other than polishing the only thing you might do depending on where you live is a quick spray down and rinse after washing with an Iron Remover (I use Adam's Iron Remover). That said I did it once over a year ago to remove brake dust but where I live there is little air pollution/fallout so I have not needed to do it again.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
If you're happy with your paint (I.e. swirls, scratches) then other than polishing the only thing you might do depending on where you live is a quick spray down and rinse after washing with an Iron Remover (I use Adam's Iron Remover). That said I did it once over a year ago to remove brake dust but where I live there is little air pollution/fallout so I have not needed to do it again.
Yes the paint is in great shape I’ve previously clayed and waxed with the old school stuff so I’ve maintained it pretty well, this is going to be the first time using this type. I purchased it on the recommendations of users here, so excited to see the results

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Rob, It is sufficient but they (303) state that you can apply the Graphene over any other manufactures product. But to get the best results you should remove the old wax and start fresh. I use a product called Paint prep which you just spray on and wipe off but there's many others out there that work just as well. This way the Graphene will give you 1 year of protection and you won't have another product breaking down under it.

https://www.autogeek.net/optimum-paint-prep.html
Ahh got it, thanks for the tips.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
No worries Phil one day you might try a Ranger and find out how great they are. lol

I love detailing so it's fun to talk with others who do too. I haven't yet tried it as a drying aid but have heard others have had good results with it that way too. It's so hot and dry here in AZ I'll be working harder trying to spray it on, wipe it in and then keep the rest of the truck from drying on me. The detailer is just like the Graphene Nano spray a little goes far and gives you great results.

IMG_4828.jpg

IMG_4826.jpg
...Available in Regular Size,
71i9KMz+31L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And Dave Size,
Untitled 4.pages copy.jpg

SUNGLASSES.jpeg

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I decided to get a bottle and try it out. I'm pleased, it was very easy to use. I used it on everything, paint, trim, moldings and glass. Everything feels slick! My Ranger makes this product look good! Did I say that right? Ha-Ha
20220611_124822.jpg
20220611_124914.jpg
I want to know where all the stuff that is supposed to go in your garage is located! So empty in there! :crackup:

Islander

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500, Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Retired
That's only a months supple Chris. ?
Dave:

Do you use 303 Graphene on matte black plastics? If so, how does it hold up in terms of keeping them from fading?

It looks like you have black running boards but wondered if you use it on those.

I have been using a VRT product for black plastics for UV protection ...but applied 303 Graohene a couple months ago to my running boards...so far I think it's working OK...but kinda hard to tell.

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 APG Ranger Lariot
I just picked up a bottle of this stuff. Still need to find time to actually thoroughly clean and coat the car. But based on everything I see here it looks great!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave:

Do you use 303 Graphene on matte black plastics? If so, how does it hold up in terms of keeping them from fading?

It looks like you have black running boards but wondered if you use it on those.

I have been using a VRT product for black plastics for UV protection ...but applied 303 Graohene a couple months ago to my running boards...so far I think it's working OK...but kinda hard to tell.
Phil, Yes I use it on my running boards and I pretty much use it on everything on the exterior of the truck except the plastic on the rear bumper and the tops of the bed rails. The Ranger has a matte black wrap between the front and rear doors and I've always used it there and it's held up great, no fading at all. That's why I like this stuff so much as you can basically hit and protect everything without having to change products.

Islander

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500, Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Retired
Phil, Yes I use it on my running boards and I pretty much use it on everything on the exterior of the truck except the plastic on the rear bumper and the tops of the bed rails. The Ranger has a matte black wrap between the front and rear doors and I've always used it there and it's held up great, no fading at all. That's why I like this stuff so much as you can basically hit and protect everything without having to change products.
That's awesome and good to know !

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I put some on my new to me Lincoln Navigator, its amazing. Was holding up great when I was handwashing. Then when I brought to a modern-ish carwash, it seems to be coming off the rear a bit. Maybe needs another application.

Dave is winning when finding 303 Graphene tho

Mostly Harmless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CG Tremor
I think I may take back my recommendation for using the detailing spray as a lubricant when drying the car. The other day when I was using it on my GF's darker car it was streaking a lot, something that is a bit harder to notice on my truck. Once her car was dry I just when over it again with the detailing spray and it came out just fine, but it was additional work.

Just curious what everyone else is using for a lubricant when drying? I don't want to put another layer of a different product between the 303 and the 303 detailer.
Sponsored