First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think I may take back my recommendation for using the detailing spray as a lubricant when drying the car. The other day when I was using it on my GF's darker car it was streaking a lot, something that is a bit harder to notice on my truck. Once her car was dry I just when over it again with the detailing spray and it came out just fine, but it was additional work.

Just curious what everyone else is using for a lubricant when drying? I don't want to put another layer of a different product between the 303 and the 303 detailer.
I haven't tried using the Detailer spray while wet. I always just dry with a drying towel then apply the spray after and that method has worked out the best. With the 303 you're supposed to use little product so I'm guess while wet it's harder to tell how much you're actually using and also you're moving it around more while it's wet and it's clumping up in areas causing it to streak.

These work really good for drying. I ended up cutting mine in half because it's to big and absorbed a lot of water and was a pain to use. I had my girlfriend sew the ends and now it's much easier.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-waffle-weave-drying-towel/

Waffle Weave Towel.jpg
Sponsored

Mostly Harmless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CG Tremor
I haven't tried using the Detailer spray while wet. I always just dry with a drying towel then apply the spray after and that method has worked out the best. With the 303 you're supposed to use little product so I'm guess while wet it's harder to tell how much you're actually using and also you're moving it around more while it's wet and it's clumping up in areas causing it to streak.

These work really good for drying. I ended up cutting mine in half because it's to big and absorbed a lot of water and was a pain to use. I had my girlfriend sew the ends and now it's much easier.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-waffle-weave-drying-towel/

Waffle Weave Towel.jpg
I use the same the towels, they work great. I am going back to my old method and use the detailing spray as touch up every few washes. The 303 is still beading after months of use.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Yea mentioning water spots i guess i was misunderstanding ceramic coatings, after a brief shower i checked out the beads on my car (not the Ranger) i then wanted to see if there was any 'sheeting' action so i used the garden hose most of the water rolled of there were some beads large/small left, i then was distracted and went inside my house later i came out to see the grayish rings left behind from the dried droplets, i then quickly soaped it up and rinsed most of the spots were gone,
some you could still see so i used Mothers quick detailer and that removed any 'shadows' of them.
So the 303 acted as a shield to protect the clear from damage, i was under (wrongly) that the ceramic coat was some sort of force field shield:LOL:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yea mentioning water spots i guess i was misunderstanding ceramic coatings, after a brief shower i checked out the beads on my car (not the Ranger) i then wanted to see if there was any 'sheeting' action so i used the garden hose most of the water rolled of there were some beads large/small left, i then was distracted and went inside my house later i came out to see the grayish rings left behind from the dried droplets, i then quickly soaped it up and rinsed most of the spots were gone,
some you could still see so i used Mothers quick detailer and that removed any 'shadows' of them.
So the 303 acted as a shield to protect the clear from damage, i was under (wrongly) that the ceramic coat was some sort of force field shield:LOL:
I don't know a lot about ceramics and there's so many of them out there now. I know with the Graphene you can still get some water spots but they'll come right out.

I was at a customers house last June and their sprinklers went off around 8:00am blasting the drivers side of my truck. We have really hard water so the whole side had spots and it sat in 110 degree heat all day. I went home and hit it with the Graphene Detailer and they came right out easily. It'll act as a barrier on the surface so the water won't etch into the clear coat, if you leave it long enough I'm sure it could.

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
Is it ok to spray 303 graphene on headlights/tail lights, would you use detailer instead or something else?

oh what about wheels? mine are black

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Is it ok to spray 303 graphene on headlights/tail lights, would you use detailer instead or something else?

Yes you can. I use it on all those and everything else on the exterior except the tonneau cover, plastic bed rail caps and the plastic on the rear bumper. For those I use the 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Oh, I also use the Graphene on the wiper blades and the wiper arms.

Islander

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500, Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Retired

Absolutely...I have been using 303 Graphene on headlights, taillights and all windows too and it works great.

I also have black painted wheels and apply it to rims too...although does not seem to last quite as long likely due to repeated use of wheel cleaner spray....but still produces good results.

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
Yes you can. I use it on all those and everything else on the exterior except the tonneau cover, plastic bed rail caps and the plastic on the rear bumper. For those I use the 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Oh, I also use the Graphene on the wiper blades and the wiper arms.
First...Does a 303 Logo pop up on your phone whenever it's mentioned HAHAH
Got a friend that has a case of the UV spray and Tonneau cover spray given to him by a vendor and he's going to give me a bottle of each. I have some graphene spray that's just waiting to be used... need to pick up some detailer for those days that birds decide they wanna poop on my ride.... LOL

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
Absolutely...I have been using 303 Graphene on headlights, taillights and all windows too and it works great.

I also have black painted wheels and apply it to rims too...although does not seem to last quite as long likely due to repeated use of wheel cleaner spray....but still produces good results.
Thanks...I guess it helps with water beading on the windows...I'll have to give that a try too.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
First...Does a 303 Logo pop up on your phone whenever it's mentioned HAHAH
Got a friend that has a case of the UV spray and Tonneau cover spray given to him by a vendor and he's going to give me a bottle of each. I have some graphene spray that's just waiting to be used... need to pick up some detailer for those days that birds decide they wanna poop on my ride.... LOL
My instant radar goes off when 303 is mentioned. lol

If you haven't already read the first couple posts on this thread and also check out my write up on the detailer here. It's even easier to use than the Graphene Nano spray.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Thanks...I guess it helps with water beading on the windows...I'll have to give that a try too.
Put it on very thin, as it can leave a haze after wiping it off if you apply it too thick. If that happens, use Windex or comparable to remove it then reapply the 303.
Sponsored