2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
I used to know a girl who took a lot of hotdogs...

Anyway, I am hopefully testing a new use for the Graphene spray on the weekend. It's top secret, it's already been applied (3 coats) and its not on land.

This will either be amazing, or a waste of time and money. Quite possibly the latter.

Will update.

Reactions: Doc

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Posted this in the "what did you DO" forum, but thought I would add these pictures here since I sued the 303 on mine. Trying to decide whether or not to do the tonneau cover or to use something different. Any thoughts or suggestions?

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg
IMG_2718.jpg

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
This may be a silly question that needs a quick back story to explain... first... the @AzScorpion Graphene 303 Nano Spray Coating... is it similar to ceramic where it hardens or does it remain flexible? I cannot seem to find an answer to this, or I may just be a dumbass.

I ask, because when I first put a bug deflector on it was fine until the day after I put Turtle Wax Ceramic on it, the next day in a 40 degree downpour it came apart at about 50mph. May just have been shit luck, but I have been paranoid with what I have been putting on the replacement since, sticking to the old school spray wax. Would anyone know if it is safe to put on the deflector without messing it up?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This may be a silly question that needs a quick back story to explain... first... the @AzScorpion Graphene 303 Nano Spray Coating... is it similar to ceramic where it hardens or does it remain flexible? I cannot seem to find an answer to this, or I may just be a dumbass.

I ask, because when I first put a bug deflector on it was fine until the day after I put Turtle Wax Ceramic on it, the next day in a 40 degree downpour it came apart at about 50mph. May just have been shit luck, but I have been paranoid with what I have been putting on the replacement since, sticking to the old school spray wax. Would anyone know if it is safe to put on the deflector without messing it up?
Scott, The Graphene won't harden like a ceramic coating and should stay somewhat "flexible". I put it on my bug deflector back in April right before our trip and haven't had any issues with it. I also hit it with the Graphene detailer every 4-5 weeks, it helps with the bugs, they now slide rite off. ?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Scott, The Graphene won't harden like a ceramic coating and should stay somewhat "flexible". I put it on my bug deflector back in April right before our trip and haven't had any issues with it. I also hit it with the Graphene detailer every 4-5 weeks, it helps with the bugs, they now slide rite off. ?
DeeZee lives!?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
DeeZee lives!?
I've been battling a head/chest cold for over a week. I must be getting better because my radar went off earlier today and sure enough, there were several 303 and damper posts I've missed. ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I've been battling a head/chest cold for over a week. I must be getting better because my radar went off earlier today and sure enough, there were several 303 and damper posts I've missed. ?
I have to revisit my damper's mod - the one with the tape holding the velcro and the velcro itself. Somehow, the glue binding the velcro to the webbing it's a part of separated. I've never seen that happen. I just need a new piece of velcro and then finally add the electrical tape to keep it from sliding down.

Bummer on the cold. I hate it when I get one that makes me cough when I lay down. You get so tired and all you want to do is be able to get a good night's sleep that would make you feel so much better.

Get well soon @AzScorpion! =)

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have to revisit my damper's mod - the one with the tape holding the velcro and the velcro itself. Somehow, the glue binding the velcro to the webbing it's a part of separated. I've never seen that happen. I just need a new piece of velcro and then finally add the electrical tape to keep it from sliding down.

Bummer on the cold. I hate it when I get one that makes me cough when I lay down. You get so tired and all you want to do is be able to get a good night's sleep that would make you feel so much better.

Get well soon @AzScorpion! =)
I'm surprised mine has lasted as long as it has. With the heat here I figured it would've came apart by now but I do give it a quick squirt with the 303 Aerospace Protectant every once in a while. ?

Thanks David and you're so right about that darn cough. Every night when I'd go to lay down I'd get coughing so I slept on the couch for most of the week so Annie could at least get some rest. Now my days/nights are messed up because I'm dozing off all day. lo l? I took Delsym which usually will stop it fairly quick but this ones been lingering on for a week now.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher

I'm a full on Graphene Convert! And I've not seen it act like a hard coating where it would crack. My wife's an even bigger fiend with it and has it on all hard exterior surfaces except the rubber of the tires. Even the windshield.

Some gets on my window weatherstripping and I just went to see if I could see any cracks when flexing it. I don't see anything happen, except it being a little shinier than without.

But you bring up a good point. I'm going to find a thin piece of plexiglass that I'll treat on one side (three coats) and see what happens when I flex it. If it will crack, I imagine that maybe after a certain length of time.

But, my feeling for it, is that as a molecular material, it can't crack. Kind of like drawing a pencil line (graphite) on a piece of paper. The molecules don't connect to each other but "fill in" the pores of the paper. Or, in the case of Graphene, fill in the pores of the paint making it a smoother and level surface that reflects more light more uniformly. Thus making it shinier.

But, at the end of the day, no one can beat @AzScorpion's experience with Graphene. He is truly an expert in its use and its properties.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I'm surprised mine has lasted as long as it has. With the heat here I figured it would've came apart by now but I do give it a quick squirt with the 303 Aerospace Protectant every once in a while. ?

Thanks David and you're so right about that darn cough. Every night when I'd go to lay down I'd get coughing so I slept on the couch for most of the week so Annie could at least get some rest. Now my days/nights are messed up because I'm dozing off all day. lo l? I took Delsym which usually will stop it fairly quick but this ones been lingering on for a week now.
Bah on your cold! I'm sorry to hear about it and keep on dozing, you'll get back to normal soon.

And I never thought about putting Aerospace Protectant on it! I do swear by that stuff, it does so well on our kayaks and last pretty much all season (over a dozen day trip in both fresh and salt water). It's now that time of year here, for their winter storage. I did a really thorough pressure wash (anther excuse to use the soap canon) and now will do a little patching, then a very liberal application of the protectant. When they're taken out next spring, they feel and look new. It's good stuff!

Get better very, very soon! =)
Sponsored