Lyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4, Sport, Tow Packages
Occupation
Aero Engineer / Ops Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
@ChopprJock which modified crash bars? is that clearance at full lock or straight wheel?

@P. A. Schilke Thanks for the perspective on the thorough testing. I think most owners find out the hard way first and then buy the parts to fix it (tires first, modified crash bars later :sunglasses:). There is also usually decent aftermarket support for offroaders where a supplier will provide brake line relocation brackets for example. I think we are still all learning the new Ranger to know what to look out for to be safe.
I bought the FabTech modified crash bars: https://fabtechmotorsports.com/product/offset-intrusion-beam-kit-fts22296/

They are pricey but I'd rather have them installed than have nothing at all. That and the mild (2.5") leveling kit should complete the look I want. That is until I decide to make more mods. :D

*EDIT - I saved about 40 bucks buying them from Fabtech's amazon page over their website...ymmv

Last edited:

Mjersk

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Ford Escape
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
How does it drive with those BFG’s. Looking at them for mine but only come in load range e. Any loss of power?

Current set up of the truck- SuperCrew Lariat FX4 with Sport and Tow packages. Here is a pic of the BFG's (275/65R18), along with shots of the VERY tight front crash bar clearance and the spindle clearance. I have a solid 1/2 inch clearance on the spindle....wish I had that on the front! Modified crash bars shipped today, I will baby this thing until they get here...

StockHeightw275-65R18BFGs.jpg

FrontTireStockHeight.jpg

ThatsTight.jpg

SpindleClearance.jpg

ChopprJock

First Name
Lyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How does it drive with those BFG’s. Looking at them for mine but only come in load range e. Any loss of power?
I really like the ride- feels planted and stable without being harsh. I have not noticed any power loss running these tires the last few days.

I will say again, though...I am not running this truck hard and being careful where I take it until my Fabtech intrusion beams arrive. Should be here today so I'll get them on this weekend at the latest.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the ride- feels planted and stable without being harsh. I have not noticed any power loss running these tires the last few days.

I will say again, though...I am not running this truck hard and being careful where I take it until my Fabtech intrusion beams arrive. Should be here today so I'll get them on this weekend at the latest.
All stock / no lift or anything, correct?

I'm still debating 31.5" KO2s, or 32" Grabber ATX with offset crash bars. No plans on lift or leveling.

ChopprJock

First Name
Lyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
All stock / no lift or anything, correct?

I'm still debating 31.5" KO2s, or 32" Grabber ATX with offset crash bars. No plans on lift or leveling.
No lift or level yet...BUT...I am veerrrrry close to the front intrusion beams at full lock. A good stroke to the suspension during a hard turn and I am pretty sure it would rub.

Also, I had the dealer swap the tires on my trade in. They have about 10,000 miles on them (maybe) so they are not new tread.

I just received a set of offset intrusion beams from Fabtech and a 2.5" leveling kit from a member here- FordRangerLifts.com so I will be bringing the front end of the truck up as soon as I can get time to install these items. I am not comfortable taking the truck off street until this is complete. But then again, I have not yet rubbed at all.

The KO2's I have are listed as 33.16 so I think that you will be ok with 31.5-32's

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Ive heard that if you loosen the bolts the crash bars will move "a bit", may buy you, or someone, some clearance while waiting for modified crash bars.

BRanger

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 301a XLT Cactus Grey
No lift or level yet...BUT...I am veerrrrry close to the front intrusion beams at full lock. A good stroke to the suspension during a hard turn and I am pretty sure it would rub.

Also, I had the dealer swap the tires on my trade in. They have about 10,000 miles on them (maybe) so they are not new tread.

I just received a set of offset intrusion beams from Fabtech and a 2.5" leveling kit from a member here- FordRangerLifts.com so I will be bringing the front end of the truck up as soon as I can get time to install these items. I am not comfortable taking the truck off street until this is complete. But then again, I have not yet rubbed at all.

The KO2's I have are listed as 33.16 so I think that you will be ok with 31.5-32's

Tire size calculator that I used puts a 275/65r18 at 32.1” & 10.8” wide.

Nolan Johnson

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

Reviving an old thread here, but do you think the 275/65R18 would fit with just the 2.5" level and leaving intrusion beams stock?

BRanger

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 301a XLT Cactus Grey
Reviving an old thread here, but do you think the 275/65R18 would fit with just the 2.5" level and leaving intrusion beams stock?
Should be good. Just got my Terra Grapplers in that same size with a 2.5” lift, still have to mount them. I’ve seen it on another truck and he said he had no issue.

Nolan Johnson

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Should be good. Just got my Terra Grapplers in that same size with a 2.5” lift, still have to mount them. I’ve seen it on another truck and he said he had no issue.
Thanks Beau. I appreciate it

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab

Hey how have the ko2’s worked with the 2.5” level kit. Would they rub without mods to the crash bar? I have the 18” black appearance stock wheel and wanted to add 275/65/18 ko2

austinb324

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
For what it's worth, I installed 275/65R18 Duratracs this week on mine. I have the FOX 2.0 level kit set to default height (2"). Also have 1" adapters and stock wheels. I personally get ALOT of rubbing with my setup. I've loosened the front crash bars and pushed them as far forward as possible but it still rubs when turning somewhat sharply. I ordered some BDS intrusion bars, hopefully that helps. Sorry dont have any good photos of the rubbing right now.

1614361536852.png