First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
For what it's worth, I installed 275/65R18 Duratracs this week on mine. I have the FOX 2.0 level kit set to default height (2"). Also have 1" adapters and stock wheels. I personally get ALOT of rubbing with my setup. I've loosened the front crash bars and pushed them as far forward as possible but it still rubs when turning somewhat sharply. I ordered some BDS intrusion bars, hopefully that helps. Sorry dont have any good photos of the rubbing right now.

1614361536852.png
Remove your 1 inch spacers and you wont have to change the crash bars. Just some food for thought.

austinb324

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Remove your 1 inch spacers and you wont have to change the crash bars. Just some food for thought.
Good to know. Crash bars are already replaced now though. No rubbing with the BDS intrusion bars, I even took it down some trails yesterday to try and get it to rub while flexing at full lock, not even close now. I love my setup at this point.

ChopprJock

First Name
Lyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4, Sport, Tow Packages
Occupation
Aero Engineer / Ops Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Hey how have the ko2’s worked with the 2.5” level kit. Would they rub without mods to the crash bar? I have the 18” black appearance stock wheel and wanted to add 275/65/18 ko2

Hey, sorry for the delay! My KO2's have been great. Absolutely no rubbing (I do have aftermarket BDS intrusion beams). I have ran a few of these tires on different rigs and I am a fan.

I will probably go bigger on the next set, but that will involve new wheels with different offset or a spacer.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Current set up of the truck- SuperCrew Lariat FX4 with Sport and Tow packages. Here is a pic of the BFG's (275/65R18), along with shots of the VERY tight front crash bar clearance and the spindle clearance. I have a solid 1/2 inch clearance on the spindle....wish I had that on the front! Modified crash bars shipped today, I will baby this thing until they get here...

StockHeightw275-65R18BFGs.jpg

FrontTireStockHeight.jpg

ThatsTight.jpg

SpindleClearance.jpg
This is exactly the size I am going to go with in Nittos. What about rear crash bar clearance? I have the Weathertech splash guards which are similar to the Ford ones. Also, are you leveled? It looks like your front is stock height. A level might have given you clearance without needing the crash bars.

Last edited:

RangersLeadTheWay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
I currently run 275/65/18s with the Falken Wildpeaks, and I have no running nor did I need to add spacers. For reference I have the Eibach coilovers, so my truck is leveled at the default setting. Hope this helps.

ChopprJock

First Name
Lyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly the size I am going to go with in Nittos. What about rear crash bar clearance? I have the Weathertech splash guards which are similar to the Ford ones. Also, are you leveled? It looks like your front is stock height. A level might have given you clearance without needing the crash bars.
I ran without a level for a couple of weeks before my kit and my crash bars came in. No rubbing but I did baby the truck during that time.
I don’t “four wheel” but I do camp (primitive, offsite) and hunt, etc. so I did not want to take any chances.
Love the look of the Nittos BTW, ran them on my previous F-150

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
I currently run 275/65/18s with the Falken Wildpeaks, and I have no running nor did I need to add spacers. For reference I have the Eibach coilovers, so my truck is leveled at the default setting. Hope this helps.
got any photos? I want to do this size and keep the stock wheels. I was planning on doing the fox 2.0 level.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I ran without a level for a couple of weeks before my kit and my crash bars came in. No rubbing but I did baby the truck during that time.
I don’t “four wheel” but I do camp (primitive, offsite) and hunt, etc. so I did not want to take any chances.
Love the look of the Nittos BTW, ran them on my previous F-150
Thanks and I appreciate it. I use my truck the same, but I am going with Bilsteins set at 2" in the front. I think I might try that first with the larger tire, and maybe the front crash bar plastic removed, before contemplating new crash bars. Yes, I have had good luck with Nittos in the past and they offer different load ratings that allow you to get a larger tire without much gain in weight. I just think 32" tires are about right for this truck in daily use to fill out the fenders without going too extreme. Now I just need these Hankooks to wear out so I can have an excuse to change!!!!

ChopprJock

First Name
Lyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks and I appreciate it. I use my truck the same, but I am going with Bilsteins set at 2" in the front. I think I might try that first with the larger tire, and maybe the front crash bar plastic removed, before contemplating new crash bars. Yes, I have had good luck with Nittos in the past and they offer different load ratings that allow you to get a larger tire without much gain in weight. I just think 32" tires are about right for this truck in daily use to fill out the fenders without going too extreme. Now I just need these Hankooks to wear out so I can have an excuse to change!!!!

Just to be clear- The pictures you quoted in your first post to me (#34) were taken BEFORE I leveled or replaced the crash bars.

The Bilsteins will give your truck a similar stance to my mild level. And even before my level, the 32's did fit. If you want to make absolutely sure you'll have no problems, both Fabtech and BDS offer modified crash bars (as you know). With the stock crash bars, I couldn't guarantee no rubbing in an off camber turning scenario...

RangersLeadTheWay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
got any photos? I want to do this size and keep the stock wheels. I was planning on doing the fox 2.0 level.
Just took some now. Excuse the mess, there’s been sporadic snow around here, so the roads have been muddier than usual.
9621A1F7-9464-40CA-99EA-85CCF7F15C34.jpeg
4DE62FE9-FE28-496A-A38D-1C3C12E96B73.jpeg

E83AC288-C5D6-41C3-95CB-86BC7BCC02DA.jpeg

3B2EE98C-C484-439A-80FC-F0E438D27179.jpeg

Once the forecast gets better, I’ll wash the truck and post some more pictures if need be.

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Just took some now. Excuse the mess, there’s been sporadic snow around here, so the roads have been muddier than usual.
9621A1F7-9464-40CA-99EA-85CCF7F15C34.jpeg
4DE62FE9-FE28-496A-A38D-1C3C12E96B73.jpeg

E83AC288-C5D6-41C3-95CB-86BC7BCC02DA.jpeg

3B2EE98C-C484-439A-80FC-F0E438D27179.jpeg

Once the forecast gets better, I’ll wash the truck and post some more pictures if need be.

Nice. Man I think this is the way I'm gonna go. No other mods other than the level, huh?

Lacikuss

First Name
Lacikuss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Market Researcher
Any updates on this tread?

I'm looking to install the 275/65R18 on stock wheels with bilstein 5100s set at 1.8" lift. Any experience with this setup?