First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired Army/Registered Nurse.
Just curious anything other than normal maintenance anyone can think of I should be keeping an eye on at 26,000 miles? 2020 FX4 Lariat. I live in Wisconsin and getting ready for the upcoming winter. I keep an eye and have changed air filters and what not. Just thinking I maybe overlooking something. Thanks for any input.
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I rotate the tires every 6,000 mi. Lower the spare tire and check the air pressure; nothing beats jacking the truck up in the pouring rain, changing the tire and lowering the jack, only to find the spare is also flat!

OP
OP
Danny RN

Danny RN

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired Army/Registered Nurse.
I rotate the tires every 6,000 mi. Lower the spare tire and check the air pressure; nothing beats jacking the truck up in the pouring rain, changing the tire and lowering the jack, only to find the spare is also flat!
[/QU I am pretty good with keeping an eye on things, but I always feel I am missing something. This is my first turbo engine and I am not sure if I should be doing anything else.
Agree on the tire rotations it really makes a difference. I got a flat in the middle of nowhere here in a state forest after a night of camping and I had this brief moment where I was like "damn I hope the spare is good to go". I was lucky, because I just assumed it was. As far as maintenance I think because this it he first turbo I have ever owned if I should be doing anything additional.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I change my axles and transfer case every 30,000. The first time you drain them the lube will look like tar. By 90,000 it will drain out pretty clean.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
I'm preparing my Ranger for a northern Winter also. I found an undercoater that uses Fluid Film.
Other than that, and what's already been mentioned above I'll be doing a brake service myself and putting my spare tire in the box, with a locking bicycle cable on it , locked to one of the tie down hooks. At -20 in a blizzard, doing that eliminates the hassle of cranking it down from under the box.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Rust prevention would be my main concern. One of the big reasons I like AZ now. I keep all my transmissions on a 30k cycle, every other 30 I do the filter. Differentials and transfer case every 50k but I change them the first 1k for break in.
Sponsored