LMKFX4XLT

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercab
1B3985B6-C1C3-4569-BC67-3600946A5539.png
Uh it ain’t got the lip ,. But it looks better than the avs,.. oem bug shield looks like a custom not a generic ,, I like it .... on my 2011 I had a avs on it and on that truck it looked good ,, but 2019 .. oem,. Just not aeroskin .. that one looks like shit
I went with the OEM also. Really like the look - a lot.
IMG_7151.jpeg
Sponsored

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I just installed the AVS Bugflector II on my Ranger last night. I really like a) how easy it was to install, b) it does not use long adhesive strips to attach to the paint, and c) the looks and how it integrates with the truck. I'll attach a bunch of pictures of the finished install.

One question I have: With the deflector installed, I now need to close the hood pretty hard to get it to latch. I've heard you can adjust the bump stop on the hood to make it close easier, but I can't figure out how to do that - can anyone point me to some directions? Thanks!

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Looks good...from another Meridian.

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2.
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the OEM Ford also. I think it looks alot more streamlined and used all existing mounts.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I installed the OEM Ford also. I think it looks alot more streamlined and used all existing mounts.
I went with the bugflector because it seemed to have a more aggressive shape for redirecting air up and over the cab. Does the OEM ford one do a pretty good job keeping bugs off your windshield? I agree it looks more streamlined, I'm just curious how well it keeps the bugs off.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
I picked the AVS, and am very happy with the unit--functions well, installed easily, and did not install the bumpers, due to the rigidity of the unit. 10K miles plus later, good quality.
DSC00645.JPG

Last edited:

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I chose the AVS, and am very happy with the unit--functions well, installed easily, and did not install the bumpers, due to the rigidity of the unit. 10K miles plus later, good quality.
I'm really glad to hear it's holding up well. I was iffy on whether I needed the little bumpers, but decided to go ahead and put them on. I expect they'll eventually come off in a car wash or hot summer heat, though.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Which OEM one did you go with? It uses the mounts instead of tape? Can you get your hand in there to wash that area?

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Which OEM one did you go with? It uses the mounts instead of tape? Can you get your hand in there to wash that area?
Put my AVS on without the rubber bumpers because there is enough clearance, & I can get wash sponge between the shield & the hood. No problems so far.

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
With the extra time on my hands lately, I installed mine. Super easy and the tip of laying a blanket over the engine bay was spot on. Saved me from losing several fasteners.

Looks fantastic. I have unlimited car washes. Because of the current state of the world I haven't been driving much so the truck is still clean. Because of the way this deflector sits off the hood, has anyone had experience with the durability if this deflector thru a car wash?

IMG_20200405_142918726_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200405_142851033_HDR.jpg

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
With the extra time on my hands lately, I installed mine. Super easy and the tip of laying a blanket over the engine bay was spot on. Saved me from losing several fasteners.

Looks fantastic. I have unlimited car washes. Because of the current state of the world I haven't been driving much so the truck is still clean. Because of the way this deflector sits off the hood, has anyone had experience with the durability if this deflector thru a car wash?

IMG_20200405_142918726_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200405_142851033_HDR.jpg
Is that the "Ford" deflector? That is the one with the upturned lip. What is the part number? I want to make sure I order the right one....gonna use my Points to get it.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase

Here in South West, Arizona water, is very expensive, and most of the "Self Service" car washes/Bays, do not have a "working spot free" rinse system!!!! The water is VERY hard/full of minerals, and dries so fast, you ready can not rinse/dry without the water leaving mineral spots everywhere!! So, I exclusively use the Auto Wash systems, because you get a solid "spot free" rinse, and air dry!!
My AVS bug shield has been on the truck since Aug 19, and I did not install the bumpers, so you can effectively clean under it, and Auto wash does not effect it at all.

Last edited:

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Is that the "Ford" deflector? That is the one with the upturned lip. What is the part number? I want to make sure I order the right one....gonna use my Points to get it.
It's the AVS II (the title of this thread). It does have the upturned lip.
Sponsored