MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
The actual approach and departure angle changes are marginal. They changed spring rates. Added fox shocks and lightened swaybar rates. The lift is negligible. Basically leveled.

I am currently shopping new Broncos vs new Tremor vs used builds on Extended Kings /long travel.

I need an FX4 base for terrain management. I like vinyl floors on xl trucks....... May build a CPO?
Mike, thanks! Good luck with your buy/build plans, and be sure to post (with pics) as you move forward! I am thinking probably Tremor for my next vehicle (or Ranger Raptor) rather than Bronco because I want to stay with a truck--unless the Bronco truck turns out so great that I can't say no! Anyway, I only have c. 10,000 miles on my 2019 Lariat, and so this is not something that I have to decide this week....
Sponsored

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Thanks! Isn't the the same size as the stock tires I got with the FX package (granted, mine are Hankook Dynapros). But these look bigger. Does that mean that these'll fit in my truck now without a level or any mods to the stock crash bars?
Stock are 265/65-17, 30.6" vs 31.6" for the 265/70-17. Plus the fact that the grabber is a bit more aggressive looking, add to the beefier appearance. ?

slickville dave

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f 150/2020 Polaris sportsman
Occupation
retired tin knocker local 12 Pittsburgh
Here's the Tremor pack in Velocity Blue and Cactus gray. Pics taken by some factory folks.

1204201127a.jpg
wow all that looks great sept the clown show decals only . 8 inch higher than stock is what i read anyway i like the running boards better than the gram ma ones coming on mine

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Hey, if the guy is going to take spy pics, couldn't he at least ask the driver to wash that pig??? :D

Seriously, though, thanks for posting. Mine will be in black (at least as of the last time I changed my mind two days ago) so it's nice to finally see one in that color.

krane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Kinda like decal on black, just the red makes it more palatable to me.

Lol also aren't we buying the truck to get it dirty?

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Kinda like decal on black, just the red makes it more palatable to me.

Lol also aren't we buying the truck to get it dirty?
Yes. The decal doesn't look nearly as bad on the black but I'll still forgo it, especially since my wife just wrinkled up her nose when I showed her that pic!

Oh, heck yeah, we'll get it dirty. I just want to see what the black really looks like, especially since I'm one of those ranting about Ford not having the 21's up on their site yet!

krane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Yes. The decal doesn't look nearly as bad on the black but I'll still forgo it, especially since my wife just wrinkled up her nose when I showed her that pic!

Oh, heck yeah, we'll get it dirty. I just want to see what the black really looks like, especially since I'm one of those ranting about Ford not having the 21's up on their site yet!
Yeah still not getting it even if just red was an option.

Just hope they start scheduling them again sooner than later. Pre the stated mid Feb would be e nice.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, if the guy is going to take spy pics, couldn't he at least ask the driver to wash that pig??? :D

Seriously, though, thanks for posting. Mine will be in black (at least as of the last time I changed my mind two days ago) so it's nice to finally see one in that color.
Mine will be black, too, minus the decals, and will probably be dirty most of the time....

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting this. In addition to the cool pics, the text clears up what had been confusing, at least for me, about whether Ford is lifting the whole truck (front and back equally) or just leveling the front (up), by saying, " Meanwhile, the Ranger Tremor sits a bit higher thanks to a 20mm (roughly 0.8 inches) lift at the front and rear, courtesy of redesigned springs, as Ford Authority previously reported." So the front and rear are equally raised, and the famous (or infamous, depending on your point of view) front-rake stays the same. Am I understanding all this correctly?

Last edited:

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
"A multi-leaf rear spring setup enables increased wheel travel"
I would imagine we're gonna see this across the board on the 23' Ranger. The current truck has terrible flex for off road with the parabolic spring.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
"A multi-leaf rear spring setup enables increased wheel travel"
I would imagine we're gonna see this across the board on the 23' Ranger. The current truck has terrible flex for off road with the parabolic spring.
Yeah, let's hope that they don't make this an exclusive feature of the Tremor! "Multi-leaves Across the board for 2023!"

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Yeah, let's hope that they don't make this an exclusive feature of the Tremor! "Multi-leaves Across the board for 2023!"
....And SFA!!
Opps, sorry. Had a Bronco6G moment.

panopticon31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Been eyeballing waiting for December to try and score a deal on a tremor or wait a few months and score a deal on a leftover 2020 FX4 and just upgrade it with parts and I saw this on Ford Perfomances website Diff Cover "Will NOT fit Ranger Tremor edition " . Does this mean that the Tremor is getting an upgraded rear axle and Ford isnt mentioning it? I know it says the track is widened a bit but I wouldnt think extending axle tubes and shafts would required a different differential cover?
Sponsored