Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the Tremor pack in Velocity Blue and Cactus gray. Pics taken by some factory folks.

1204201127a.jpg
Nice, Do you know the size of the tires and is that same wheels as the stock FX4 or are those Ranger Raptor wheels?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, the grey maybe white. Too much red on the blue. I plan on getting rid of my red FX4 decals next spring. Decals in general are a bit much. I guess each to his own taste, I like more subtle.
Same here, man, I blasted (with hairdryer) the "FX4" decals off my Lariat, and would do the same with any future Ford, which may be a Ranger Tremor (or Ranger Raptor). I do like the Cactus Grey and Velocity Blue as stand-alone colors on the Tremor, minus the decals, which I understand can just be deleted from the get-go with "Build & Price."

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Zooming in on the picture I now see it appears that at least the side is one single decal using the cheap method of clear vinyl in between the spaces imagine if I can spot that in a photo imagine how shitty that will look in person.

Maybe I’m wrong and it’s just a protective film but I don’t think I’ve seen that on other new vehicles even during delivery that just looks like the decals you put on model cars or airplanes

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
Nice, Do you know the size of the tires and is that same wheels as the stock FX4 or are those Ranger Raptor wheels?
Pretty sure I read somewhere they are 265/70/17. The wheels are the Raptor wheels, but painted Magnetic. The Raptor wheels are more of a satin grayish black called "Dyno Grey", which is the trim color on the Ranger Raptors. The Raptor wheels also have center caps that spell out "FORD", while the Tremor wheels have a Ford logo center cap.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Here is a pic of the raptor wheels
ext-over-5.jpg

M-1007-RGR1785OR-2.jpg

s-l400.jpg

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure I read somewhere they are 265/70/17. The wheels are the Raptor wheels, but painted Magnetic. The Raptor wheels are more of a satin grayish black called "Dyno Grey", which is the trim color on the Ranger Raptors. The Raptor wheels also have center caps that spell out "FORD", while the Tremor wheels have a Ford logo center cap.
Thanks for the info!!!

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Short of those 80s style graphics it looks like a solid choice, maybe race red or cactus...

I wish Nissan would hurry up and intro the new Frontier so I can order the 2021 Ranger if the new Nissan doesn’t impress me. I won’t consider GMC/Chevy or Chrysler because they screwed shareholders, debtors and taxpayers with the 2008 bailout.

Nissan is in the mix because my current Frontier has been the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. 210k turned today and just routine maintenance.
Trust me the Ranger will impress you , forget any Nossan truck .

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
while i agree with you, brand loyalty is huge to anyone. especially when they had many years of trouble free driving that they enjoyed.
I know this as I am a Ford bred boy and always look at Fords first.

I think anyone jumping ship from brand A to B or C has a hard task ahead of them, its not hard to check boxes and find the best vehicle to fit you, the hardest part is changing your mindset and doing it objectively. No one ever takes a long enough test drive to sort that out. some people impulse buy and then we see countless threads on here where they bitch and moan about everything under the sun.
I am a Ford guy since I dumped Chevy in the 80s but my Ranger love is based on its performance . All the other positives are like the cherry on top .

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
What engine does the Tremor have ?
Regards

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
while i agree with you, brand loyalty is huge to anyone. especially when they had many years of trouble free driving that they enjoyed.

I think anyone jumping ship from brand A to B or C has a hard task ahead of them, its not hard to check boxes and find the best vehicle to fit you, the hardest part is changing your mindset and doing it objectively. No one ever takes a long enough test drive to sort that out. some people impulse buy and then we see countless threads on here where they bitch and moan about everything under the sun.
I agree
My first car was a Chevy Camaro,
Then I was amazed by how much power you could get out of small engines with technology. Dodge seemed to spear head that with their SRT launch. I bought one and beat the crap out of that car at the track. Dodge consistently pushes the mark and tries things Ford and Chevy are afraid to do. I became loyal to dodge at that point and the Viper became my most wanted vehicle. Plus Dodge will throw a V8 into anything, you have to love them for that.
Then moved to the Philippines and I stayed loyal to American, I never could bring myself to purchase anything else. Ford was really the only choice besides a Chevy. After owning a few Fords in this time, My loyalty has changed again. Although I would still take a Viper over anything.
Chevy lost something that I cant pin point, but something does not sit with me well about them anymore. That's just my Opinion ofcourse.

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A happy retired guy
I agree
My first car was a Chevy Camaro,
Then I was amazed by how much power you could get out of small engines with technology. Dodge seemed to spear head that with their SRT launch. I bought one and beat the crap out of that car at the track. Dodge consistently pushes the mark and tries things Ford and Chevy are afraid to do. I became loyal to dodge at that point and the Viper became my most wanted vehicle. Plus Dodge will throw a V8 into anything, you have to love them for that.
Then moved to the Philippines and I stayed loyal to American, I never could bring myself to purchase anything else. Ford was really the only choice besides a Chevy. After owning a few Fords in this time, My loyalty has changed again. Although I would still take a Viper over anything.
Chevy lost something that I cant pin point, but something does not sit with me well about them anymore. That's just my Opinion ofcourse.
Agree , I found the Chevy dealers could not properly fix their own cars in the 80s . Always excuses ; must have been the product and it made mr. Chevy bocome Mustang Marty ( and Rangers ) . Nothing but Ford products now .

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

Brand loyalty is a hard thing to break from under normal circumstances. We had had three consecutive Hondas (Civic Wagon, CRV, Element), and they were all great vehicles, underpowered but economical, light, cool-looking, and durable. (For tall guys, the Element was great: I am 6 foot-three inches, and I could sit up straight and wear a hat in that thing and never come close to the roof!) I would have stayed with Honda and bought another Element, but they stopped making them after 2011. Then, in 2014, I blew out the clutch in our Element (way over 100,000 miles, so no complaint) and, as luck would have it, the rental company offered us an Explorer while the Element was getting a new clutch, which took a week or so because of parts availability issues (as you would expect from a discontinued vehicle). The first day in the Explorer, I picked up the wife at the train station after her work, she got inside and said, "I feel like a Queen in here, what is this thing?" We have been a Ford family ever since....

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Rental cars have always been my longer term test drives, and in most cases, they affirm why Im not keen on switching from a Ford.
You got that right! When my Explorer was in the shop for some transmission issues, I drove an F150 for a week, which convinced me that I had to get a truck, but maybe not such a big one....
Sponsored