First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
They only specify 32"...is that same as 265?
In one of the close-up pictures of the tire on the front page, you can see the tire size on the tire... my guess is that "32in" is just marketing speak to let everyone know they are serious about off-roading because they reference tire size in inches. ?‍♂ (you can see the size upside-down on the bottom of the tire next to the rim)

Ranger_Tremor_XLT_07.jpg
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
They put new leaf springs in the rear...

From Ford's press release "...FOX™ 2.0 monotube dampers with remote rear reservoirs and hydraulic rebound stops are tuned for a comfortable ride on pavement while offering control over severe terrain. The shocks are specially tuned with progressive rebound end zone damping to support vehicle control where the pavement ends. Front and rear springs are tuned for greater off-road composure. A multi-leaf rear spring setup enables increased wheel travel. "

I also have first hand experience with the Grabber ATX... and my experience says it's a fantastic tire in the snow and wet, and are phenomenal off road for an all terrain.
You will never see me disrespect Fox sincr we all know they make good stuff. Even multi leafs make it nice for offroad. But only am extra 0.8 inches of clearance.......... Yeah it's still a leveling kit...... My Old Man EMU lift kit give more clearance.

As for the Grabbers.... They are a knock off of The BFG ko2.... That is all they will ever be... I have driven them in the snow up here in Colorado and traction is non existent in the snow. Not a good idea if you ask me.... And yes inhad coworkers trying to give it big thumbs ups.... It didnt fly with me...

bkosh84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Construction Supervisor
Price is very fair for what you're getting.. Especially the 6 AUX Switches already pre-installed.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, it's not worth it IMO?

$4300 for the package.
  • You get Sport package bumpers.
  • You get special dual-hoop running boards (but aren't you going to want sliders anyways for this kind of package?).
  • You don't get the rear tow hooks if you also get a tow package (which means you also don't get 7500lb towing capacity if you get the rear tow hooks).
  • You get the FX4 package (TM/TC, rear locker, better tires).
  • "deliver 9.7 inches of ground clearance – 0.8 inches more than the base Ranger SuperCrew 4x4 " -- a whopping 0.8" extra...
  • "Tremor’s six-switch auxiliary power bank mounted to the dash with rated loads of 25 amps, 15 amps and 10 amps, plus three switches at 5 amps. " -- 3 of the switches being of limited usefulness at only 5A.
  • Only available on Mid-XLT and High-Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 models.
  • Optional graphics package.
So, in the end, in my own unprofessional and personal opinion, it's not worth the price tag for what it adds. I'll give them credit that it's neat, but worth it? Debatable.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Next is the tires..... Yes the General Grabbers do good offroad but you might as well forget it in the snow and rain as they have no traction..... I learned this from first hand experience.....
Plus they throw rocks like crazy. I'm regretting my grabber purchase a little ha.
I have to say, the General Grabber AT2s that I put on my F-150 about 8 years ago were the best tire I'd ever used for anything. It was practically driving on rails in the snow and rain and I never once had offroad problems (though I never did any rocks with it, just trails/dirt/sand). I've been hesitant to try the "updated" version because it is a different tire than I ran.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer

$4300 for the package.
  • You get special dual-hoop running boards (but aren't you going to want sliders anyways for this kind of package?).
  • You don't get the rear tow hooks if you also get a tow package (which means you also don't get 7500lb towing capacity if you get the rear tow hooks).
  • "deliver 9.7 inches of ground clearance – 0.8 inches more than the base Ranger SuperCrew 4x4 " -- a whopping 0.8" extra...
  • "Tremor’s six-switch auxiliary power bank mounted to the dash with rated loads of 25 amps, 15 amps and 10 amps, plus three switches at 5 amps. " -- 3 of the switches being of limited usefulness at only 5A.
So, in the end, in my own unprofessional and personal opinion, it's not worth the price tag for what it adds. I'll give them credit that it's neat, but worth it? Debatable.
Sure, it's only 0.8" lift from the factory, but isn't the fox 2.0 pack a coilover system? So you can just easily adjust it to get another inch or two of lift?

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

$4300 for the package.
Worth it? I agree with you; nope! But imagine the casual shopper arriving at the lot to test drive an XLT Ranger and they see one of these parked up front in a position of prominence. They'll attract that kind of buyer all day!

In the meantime, folks like us will build up our trucks to be more capable, and have more money saved for more mods! :D

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I wouldn't mind having that grille. It would look good on Hot Pepper, plus be easier to clean than the XLT grill. I'd lose the gloss black surround that I would have to paint myself, but I think the red accents would make up for that.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
In one of the close-up pictures of the tire on the front page, you can see the tire size on the tire... my guess is that "32in" is just marketing speak to let everyone know they are serious about off-roading because they reference tire size in inches. ?‍♂ (you can see the size upside-down on the bottom of the tire next to the rim)

Ranger_Tremor_XLT_07.jpg
Are 265 really 32"? My 285/70-17 are 32.85"...

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I actually like the graphics package. Looks kinda 80's off-road to me. I hope the rear hooks are transferable to my XLT!!!
I thought the same...having worked at Ford Design, this is their line of thinking...at least it's not the motorhome swoosh :crazy: :crackup:

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Are 265 really 32"? My 285/70-17 are 32.85"...
Technically 31.6" but most tire manufacturers sell their 265/70R17 tires as "32's". Just how the 5.0 Coyote engine isn't quite 5.0 liters but Ford still calls it the "Five Oh"

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Technically 31.6" but most tire manufacturers sell their 265/70R17 tires as "32's". Just how the 5.0 Coyote engine isn't quite 5.0 liters but Ford still calls it the "Five Oh"
Five Oh implies 50 liters :crackup:
Sponsored