2021 ford ranger climate problems

Slgndrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger
Hello new owner here. I have 2021 ranger that is have weird climate issues. I live in Virginia so when I get off work at 6 am it is still around 28 to 30 degrees out. Now I have my heat set at 75 degrees and using duel climate control. I do not have it set to auto when I leave work at 6 am it gets so hot inside that I have to turn down the temp as low as it will go to not get hot that is even with the outside temperature at 25 degrees. No I go home to sleep get up around 3 and leave for work at 4 to be at work at 5 pm my temperature can be set at 75 on both side and fan running full speed at it feels like it is just 60 degrees in side
Sponsored

OP
OP

Slgndrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger
have you read the owners manual on how it functions and how to properly operate it?
if you understand the system and are using it correctly, then take it back to the dealer for inspection
When operating it in manual and dual control the temperature should stay at what ever temperature i have it set at because it is not in auto. I have taken there ones and no I am taking it back again

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
im not sure about a 21 and its functions related to my 19, but the only time a set temp is controlled is on auto.
in manual mode it isnt limited to a set temp.
1616498283135.png

1616498245358.png

if you wont take it back to the dealer, and its not working right, versus not understanding the functions, how do you expect it to get fixed?
This. Every vehicle I've ever owned with climate control works this way. Override the auto function and it's back to old school temperature control, meaning it will crank out as much as it wants at the current fan setting. Select auto and the set temp is what it will target, adjusting fan accordingly.

Full Disclosure, I do not actually have a Ranger in my possession yet.

OP
OP

Slgndrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger
im not sure about a 21 and its functions related to my 19, but the only time a set temp is controlled is on auto.
in manual mode it isnt limited to a set temp.
1616498283135.png

1616498245358.png

if you wont take it back to the dealer, and its not working right, versus not understanding the functions, how do you expect it to get fixed?
So what you are saying about your 2019 is that in manual mode you can not turn you temperature dial or click on you + or - button which ever you use to raise the temperature. Because on mine I can

OP
OP

Slgndrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger
This. Every vehicle I've ever owned with climate control works this way. Override the auto function and it's back to old school temperature control, meaning it will crank out as much as it wants at the current fan setting. Select auto and the set temp is what it will target, adjusting fan accord
ingly.

Full Disclosure, I do not actually have a Ranger in my possession yet.
Ok in old school mode as you want to call it if you have a temperature button or dial control that you use to raise or lower the temperature to the temperature you want it to blow that is what it is going to blow. So if you have your temp set to let's say around 70 or if using a dial let's say half way which would be around 70 it not going to blow max heat just because you are not in auto mode.

CrazyIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
So there are three functions.

AUTO=You set a temp and the computer will run the fans and control the temp until the cab reaches that temp and then continue to adjust accordingly. It also controls the blend doors.

Manual=You set a temp and fan speed and system blow that temperature air out at a fan speed you select. (this may or not be adequate to keep the cab at a comfortable temp based on outside temp). You control where the air comes out of (ie feet, face, defrost).

Dual Zone=Similar to manual except that the passenger can adjust their (zone) independently of the drivers so that they can receive hotter or cooler air coming out of their vents.

It sounds like you are saying that when you leave for work you can set it to 75 and it gets really hot but when you do the same thing on your way to work you can set it to 75 and it feels like the cab is not getting as warm.

Is that correct?

OP
OP

Slgndrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger
So there are three functions.

AUTO=You set a temp and the computer will run the fans and control the temp until the cab reaches that temp and then continue to adjust accordingly. It also controls the blend doors.

Manual=You set a temp and fan speed and system blow that temperature air out at a fan speed you select. (this may or not be adequate to keep the cab at a comfortable temp based on outside temp). You control where the air comes out of (ie feet, face, defrost).

Dual Zone=Similar to manual except that the passenger can adjust their (zone) independently of the drivers so that they can receive hotter or cooler air coming out of their vents.

It sounds like you are saying that when you leave for work you can set it to 75 and it gets really hot but when you do the same thing on your way to work you can set it to 75 and it feels like the cab is not getting as warm.

Is that correct?
Yes sort of when I leave work it is set to 75 and not in auto with fan speed at 2 and it is just extremely hot. Now when I get home I just turn the truck off and leave the settings the same. So when I go back to work it is on the same settings and it blows cool air and the outside temp is 60 it is like it is switching to auto but it is not on

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
I thought I understood the climate controls..... After reading this thread I don't know anymore :giggle:

For me I let the auto do its thing, I have it set to 72 and very rarely change it. I use the heated seats for me main form of heat until the auto gets the cabin to 72. And lately I've been letting it heat up for 10 minutes in the mornings, by the time I get inside it's at 72.

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Ok in old school mode as you want to call it if you have a temperature button or dial control that you use to raise or lower the temperature to the temperature you want it to blow that is what it is going to blow. So if you have your temp set to let's say around 70 or if using a dial let's say half way which would be around 70 it not going to blow max heat just because you are not in auto mode.
It makes no adjustments other than to blend the cold and hot intake air to approximate the temp you have set but the air at that temp will continue to blow at the current fan speed indefinitely. In Auto mode it adjusts everything for you to achieve the set temp and keep it there.

CrazyIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Yes sort of when I leave work it is set to 75 and not in auto with fan speed at 2 and it is just extremely hot. Now when I get home I just turn the truck off and leave the settings the same. So when I go back to work it is on the same settings and it blows cool air and the outside temp is 60 it is like it is switching to auto but it is not on
Next time you experience this click on the climate control button on the lcd screen and see if the vents are set to auto. They can be set to auto even if the auto button is not lit up and I have noticed that it takes longer for the cabin to heat or cool if this occurs. Press one of the blender door options and see if the warm air starts flowing.

OP
OP

Slgndrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger
It makes no adjustments other than to blend the cold and hot intake air to approximate the temp you have set but the air at that temp will continue to blow at the current fan speed indefinitely. In Auto mode it adjusts everything for you to achieve the set temp and keep it there.
I did not say anything about the air blowing. I said the temperature is rising on its own and it is not set to auto. And yes I know that when auto is set it will adjust on its own

Jqueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT 2wd
When you leave work is it hot outside? Do you have the AC on or just the fan? It will take a while for the air coming out of the vents to cool down. In Auto mode it will keep the fan speed down until the system is up and going. In manual mode the truck cannot provide the temp you require right away, but you dictate the fan speed, so it blows whether it can hit the temp or not.

Same for in the morning. It takes a while for the engine to warm up so that the heater can provide warm air. It will blow cold until then. Again, in Auto the fan speed will be minimized until the engine starts to warm up.

Regardless, you have said multiple times that it is acting like it is in Auto, but what you describe doesn't sound at all like how Auto works. It is also a bit difficult to tell whether you are talking about the temp in the truck or the temp of the air coming out of the vents, or the temp outside. In your last post you said the temperature is rising.. the temp of what is coming out of the vents continues to get higher? or the temp in the vehicle gets higher? Or the temp it is set to gets higher?

Sounds like there MAY be a problem, but it's hard to tell from the description.

OP
OP

Slgndrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger
When you leave work is it hot outside? Do you have the AC on or just the fan? It will take a while for the air coming out of the vents to cool down. In Auto mode it will keep the fan speed down until the system is up and going. In manual mode the truck cannot provide the temp you require right away, but you dictate the fan speed, so it blows whether it can hit the temp or not.

Same for in the morning. It takes a while for the engine to warm up so that the heater can provide warm air. It will blow cold until then. Again, in Auto the fan speed will be minimized until the engine starts to warm up.

Regardless, you have said multiple times that it is acting like it is in Auto, but what you describe doesn't sound at all like how Auto works. It is also a bit difficult to tell whether you are talking about the temp in the truck or the temp of the air coming out of the vents, or the temp outside. In your last post you said the temperature is rising.. the temp of what is coming out of the vents continues to get higher? or the temp in the vehicle gets higher? Or the temp it is set to gets higher?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
It may work erratically like you are describing if you have it in Recirculate mode. Once the cab is at a temperature either hot or cold that is comfortable, turn the Recirculate mode off.
BTW, the 2021 Owner's manual hasn't changed, at least as far as Climate Control is concerned..

Also, be sure that the cab temperature sensor is not blocked. It's on the lower right driver'ssise panel ahead of the ignition switch.

View attachment .jpeg copy.pdf

OP
OP

Slgndrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger

I am just talking about the temperature coming out of the vents. Is is 30 degrees outside when I leave work and I have my temperature set to 75 and fan speed on 3 with dual control pushed now on my way home from work it is blowing way hotter than 75 degrees. But when I come back to work is 60 degrees outside but my climate settings are the same as when I left work and it is blowing cool air not roasting air like it is in the am. I am just wondering why there is such a different temperature coming out in the am then there is in the evening. Here is a pic of my settings it it loads
20210323_161901.jpg
Sponsored