First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
...and they don’t give you an engine cover anymore on the Lariat.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Berkmda

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 lariat 4x4 ranger
Occupation
Engineering
Yes removed the eco post badge. 2019 and 2020 both have 4 ties downs.
Mine spent 20 days at ford total with bad rear brakes, they told me to sue them when I asked for a buyback.

guess I’m glad they didn’t and finally fixed the issues as I’d be pissed if I paid what I paid, and then got swapped into the 2020+ nonsense.
Buyback was super easy and Ford was great! File with the BBB and they do whole process for you at no cost. Huge kudos to Ford for taking care of the problem extremely fairly and quickly

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Lariat had a plastic cover over the engine.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Buyback was super easy and Ford was great! File with the BBB and they do whole process for you at no cost. Huge kudos to Ford for taking care of the problem extremely fairly and quickly
I believe that being a consumer in FL also helps. FL lemon law works.

OP
OP

Berkmda

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 lariat 4x4 ranger
Occupation
Engineering
I believe that being a consumer in FL also helps. FL lemon law works.
It does for sure. But I do know that the BBB will take your case in any state and process it for you but what you get depends on the state law. For me they paid my 90% of purchase price (had 15k miles on it), paid for all add ins, interest on loan, registration, etc. it sucked dealing with the problems I had, but Ford stepped up for me

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
It does for sure. But I do know that the BBB will take your case in any state and process it for you but what you get depends on the state law. For me they paid my 90% of purchase price (had 15k miles on it), paid for all add ins, interest on loan, registration, etc. it sucked dealing with the problems I had, but Ford stepped up for me
Much better return than if you'd sold or traded it.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
yeah my 2019 had only 4 but it worked out since I got the swing out tool box.

our shop truck is a new ext cab...haven't had a chance to drive it yet. it is an xl scab and mine is a xlt screw so I wonder if that would make a noise difference as well...

Av8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Ranger, Cessna Skywagon
I've got an early model. February 2019 manufacture date. I've got all the goodies and no problems :p (knock on wood). Heck I remember when it was such a big deal 6 months into driving the thing when I saw my first other ranger in the wild! Now they're everywhere.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I guess I haven't seen a 2019 but I test drove a 2021 and bought a 2020. Coming from a Ram 1500 Longhorn I just assumed it was because my old truck so well appointed that the "cheapness" of the Lariat was just because there is no King Ranch equiv. However, the last F-150 I had was a Lariat and didn't feel this cheap given the technology available for it's time.

The tinny clink of the door closure is not great and interior noise is pretty bad. If this cost what Rangers used to cost then it would be more acceptable but in theory this was worth $45k. I'm guessing some of this can be fixed with sound deadening material but I haven't looked into it. C'est La Vie!
That's basically my complaint about the entire mid-size truck segment. It's pretty much the only vehicle segment that doesn't have an upscale model. The best you can get in this segment is mediocre.
I was hoping Ford would be first to improve the mid-size market with the upcoming next gen, but based on what the OP said, it looks as if they are going in the opposite direction. :thumbsdown: