Autostop installed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew
Follow up, ok so I have an XLT 300A (the 4.2" LCD screen) and I confirmed that the left facia panel is an interference fit with the panel under the steering column. I broke a clip to figure it out. Has anyone with a XL or a XLT 300A get this thing installed? I'll have to have a chat with the manufacturer of the Autostop eliminator and see what they say. I would like to get it in, but as I said before I'm not going to bust up my new truck (more then I have) :(
Ok....Figured it out, I had to open the panel under the steering column, which is hinged at the bottom and exposes the fuse panel. Once this panel is out of the way the LH finish panel popped off no problem.

The instructions say:
"Remove the finish panel to the lower left side of the HVAC controls by gripping the edge with a firm grip
and gently increasing pressure to release the 6 fasteners. There is an alignment dowel molded into the
plastic in the upper right corner, so be sure to only pull straight back in this area."

What they dont say at all as (you can see in the pictures), the finish panel is retained by a seventh clip that is part of the under steering wheel trim panel. So before you pull on the lower left finish panel OPEN the trim panel under the steering wheel by gently pulling it towards the driver and it will hinge down freeing the lower left finish panel.

The right finish panel was as instructed with six fasteners and is not interference fit. It was easy to remove if you open the glove box to help bring it off straight back.

I emailed the Autostop folks maybe they have mentioned an instruction update on the way soon!

Hopefully this makes sense and will help out others. Im happy with the Autostop Eliminator though!

IMG_20190804_120523-759x1012_zpsmb0moak0.jpg

IMG_20190803_194327-1012x759_zpse4awohur.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew
Instruction Update out on the Autostop Eliminator Website!

Last edited:
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
I have not looked into this, however, if you are planning of working on your truck and pulling codes I hear the ForScan software and Dongle will allow you to disable the ASS. I heard this from an F150 owner... so if anyone has one that can validate that rumor it would be good to know.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I have not looked into this, however, if you are planning of working on your truck and pulling codes I hear the ForScan software and Dongle will allow you to disable the ASS. I heard this from an F150 owner... so if anyone has one that can validate that rumor it would be good to know.
Yes forscan works & it's super easy. You don't even have to edit the hex code.....most of the settings are now labeled & all you do is select disable or enable then write. Check out the forscan thread, there are links to confirmed working obd adapters (20-30 bucks) & watch a few tutorials on YouTube....it's easy, much easier than pulling your truck apart & just as easy to reverse if ever needed...

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
Please donā€™t take this as criticism, itā€™s not meant as such. The stop/start mechanism is a no subject to me. I just anticipate the light changing and gradually ease off the brake. Is there a negative Iā€™m missing?

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase
Please donā€™t take this as criticism, itā€™s not meant as such. The stop/start mechanism is a no subject to me. I just anticipate the light changing and gradually ease off the brake. Is there a negative Iā€™m missing?
IMO this is all personal preference. Some folks don't mind this feature, some folks don't like it and want it disabled and I would guess there's some folks like me who've never had it before and are trying to get used to it.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
IMO this is all personal preference. Some folks don't mind this feature, some folks don't like it and want it disabled and I would guess there's some folks like me who've never had it before and are trying to get used to it.
I honestly don't mind it, however I think it could be improved it it wasn't quite so aggressive (wait until you are stopped for a couple seconds). I've had many instances where I stop and then almost immediately have to start again. If it waited a couple of seconds before stopping I think those situations would be greatly reduced. I turn it off in stop and go traffic for those reasons.

JDCinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2013 Ford Explorer, 1977 BMW R100/7
I disabled mine the other day using a coworker's FORScan; works great.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Disabled mine in Forscan just now, probably my best mod yet lol... Seriously, the system is even more retarded than the one in my 2012 BMW. If you're in colder climates it may be beneficial but here it just shuts turns the car off and back on in just a second due to the AC. It also does this way too fast when in traffic.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly don't mind it, however I think it could be improved it it wasn't quite so aggressive (wait until you are stopped for a couple seconds). I've had many instances where I stop and then almost immediately have to start again. If it waited a couple of seconds before stopping I think those situations would be greatly reduced. I turn it off in stop and go traffic for those reasons.
You can control that with braking.

I can come to a complete stop and not engage auto off....then press harder on brake to engage it. My jeep was the same.

Practice in your drive......you'll get it in no time.

Comes in handy if you know it will be a quick stop

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
You can control that with braking.

I can come to a complete stop and not engage auto off....then press harder on brake to engage it. My jeep was the same.

Practice in your drive......you'll get it in no time.

Comes in handy if you know it will be a quick stop
Yeah, I know what you mean - I just haven't mastered the art of not engaging it. I still think it would be better if it wasn't quite so aggressive.

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Pre flight check list for old Marine like me. TURN off start/stop. Check mirrors, check, check... smile.

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnetic Gray / 2020 Explorer Limited RWD Magnetic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Pre flight check list for old Marine like me. TURN off start/stop. Check mirrors, check, check... smile.
Iā€™m with you @SemperVee. I have a tune and ForScan and could easily disable the auto start/stop but elected to keep it active in the event I actually want to use it during a long stop in traffic. For now, hitting the auto start stop has become part of my OCD routine when I get in the truck. I Get in, close the door, press the brake peddle in, press the start button, press the auto start/stop button, slide the gear shifter out of park, press the ā€œ+ or -ā€œ on the gear shifter to bring up the gear display on the right side of the instrument panel, then drive to my destination and repeat. I originally hated the start/stop feature but have come to accept it, although I rarely use it. But its there if I want it.

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
I like the function of the disable circuit. It doesā€™t permanently disable the feature. It just remembers the current status of the feature when you turn off the truck and re-establishes that same status at next ignition start. So the feature is still there to be used if you want it.

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
I did a tank of gas disabling auto start stop and another with it enabled...got 3.5 mpg more with it enabled (all city driving)
also found if you keep moving the steering wheel, auto start stop doesn't turn the engine off.
Sponsored